Author Topic: Tuck vs WC  (Read 1524 times)

tony_montana

Tuck vs WC
« on: April 06, 2010, 06:57:38 PM »
Not looking to create mischief but I've heard that Tuck and our assistant midfield coach WC don't exactly see eye to eye and that is the reason why Tuck isn't getting a game? Apparently some choice words were said last season and that was that. Wondering if anyone can confirm this? Don't know if its true but regardless even though tuck is 28 his role can allow for him to play AFL for another 4-6 years imo, not to mention his genes  ;D so I find it a little ridiculous that a hack like simmonds can still play bc of "our lack of ruckmen" but a player at his peak like Tuck cant play in our undermanned midfield.

Offline Infamy

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
Re: Tuck vs WC
« Reply #1 on: April 06, 2010, 07:01:29 PM »
Have heard the rumour already, it was around at the end of last season that they had a bust up

To be honest I don't want Wayne Campbell as our assistant coach at all, he was contracted so has to stay, possibly until end of 2011  :banghead
I hope Hardwick gets rid of him as soon as he can, he's hardly the person I want teaching Deledio, Cotchin & Martin how to play together. Get Cousins to stay on as midfield coach instead.

Offline Mr Magic

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #2 on: April 06, 2010, 07:01:59 PM »
Round 12?

If he is indeed responsible, Campbell is spot on re Tuck. Not up to it and not part of our future.

tony_montana

« Reply #3 on: April 06, 2010, 07:16:47 PM »
Have heard the rumour already, it was around at the end of last season that they had a bust up

To be honest I don't want Wayne Campbell as our assistant coach at all, he was contracted so has to stay, possibly until end of 2011  :banghead
I hope Hardwick gets rid of him as soon as he can, he's hardly the person I want teaching Deledio, Cotchin & Martin how to play together. Get Cousins to stay on as midfield coach instead.

cheers infamy, only heard it through the grapevine today lol  - mate at another club...I'm wth you, never wanted WC at the club as an assistant and from what I've seen, our midfield has gone backwards since he took over the role. He spent 1 year? under Eade, he played in a crappy era at the club, what could he possibly bring to the club today by way of groundbreaking setups/strategy? We are just as bad at positioning around clearances and take aways now as we were when he came, worse in fact...He played under some poor tacticians and hasn't spent enough time in a quality coaching environment ie NOT RICHMOND to sponge enough info to be useful imo.

MM tuck may not be part of the future but by gee there is room for one strong body NOW to take the heat off potential game breakers in Lids/Cotch/Foley and the raw Martin.

Offline Infamy

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #4 on: April 06, 2010, 07:26:30 PM »
Round 12?

If he is indeed responsible, Campbell is spot on re Tuck. Not up to it and not part of our future.
A blind man could tell you that Tuck is a flawed player who isn't part of our future, however if the rumours were true about what he said to Tuck and him effectively getting shut out of the team then that's just wrong. At the least he offers some protection for the kids at stoppages, he's a good 3rd man up and a handy forward, especially as he's a very reliable kick for goal. Doesn't deserve the treatment he's got to be honest, he's busted his ass for the club and easily our best contested ball winner.

Although maybe I'm biased because I despise Wayne Campbell. He is the type of player/person that sums up our last 25+ years of mediocrity.

Offline RonnieB

• Future Richmond star
  • Vintage Ronnie
« Reply #5 on: October 07, 2011, 02:05:39 PM »
Is there still a rivalry here? is campbell still here?

Offline Eat_em_Alive

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #6 on: October 07, 2011, 05:40:19 PM »
Dont have a underlying issue with campbo, but want whats best for the club.
Some of the comments have made me lean towards the "we want a more experienced midfield coach going foward"
The anywhere, anytime Tigers.
E A T  E M  A L I V E  M O F O S

Offline Penelope

• Internet nuffer and sooky jellyfish
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #7 on: October 07, 2011, 06:39:31 PM »
Is there still a rivalry here? is campbell still here?

I heard mention of this before.

what is the origin of this poo?
“For My thoughts are not your thoughts,
Nor are your ways my ways,” says the Lord.

“For as the heavens are higher than the earth,
So are my ways higher than your ways,
And my thoughts than your thoughts."

Yahweh? or the great Clawski?

yaw rehto eht dellorcs ti fi daer ot reisae eb dluow tI

Offline WA Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #8 on: October 07, 2011, 09:25:43 PM »

Welcome back Inf, hope you had a ball... :thumbsup

I totalley agree, I actually wanted Campbell gone when wallace and co went, he is part of the cancer from the days when he played....needs to go.
DIMMA - You will be held ACCOUNTABLE...

“We are really excited about what we have brought in. We have got great depth of players that can take us where we need to go. We are just putting some cream on the top at the moment,” he said.

"Rucks:
Shaun Hampson is the No.1 man"

Offline Loui Tufga

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Beaver BLT
« Reply #9 on: October 07, 2011, 09:59:36 PM »
lol, and there were calls for Campbell to be coach :lol :lol :rollin :rollin :rollin :lol :lol

Offline Penelope

• Internet nuffer and sooky jellyfish
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #10 on: October 07, 2011, 10:02:41 PM »
he still might..
:outtahere
“For My thoughts are not your thoughts,
Nor are your ways my ways,” says the Lord.

“For as the heavens are higher than the earth,
So are my ways higher than your ways,
And my thoughts than your thoughts."

Yahweh? or the great Clawski?

yaw rehto eht dellorcs ti fi daer ot reisae eb dluow tI