Author Topic: Tigers in dire need of extra help from AFL (Age)  (Read 3625 times)

jackstar is back again

Re: Tigers in dire need of extra help from AFL (Age)
« Reply #30 on: April 25, 2010, 09:31:07 AM »
Try most picks over the past 5-8 years have been wasted.

Ramps

« Reply #31 on: April 25, 2010, 09:45:23 AM »
Melbourne played the system like maestros and timed their finish to coincide with the new teams coming in to perfection.  They will be strong and weather the draft concession storm at our expense.

For us as a club and most of our supporters it was about developing winning cultures HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA.
We are so stupid as a club we didnt even know how to tank properly.

Offline Owl

• Magnificent Bastard
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Bring me TWO chickens
« Reply #32 on: April 25, 2010, 09:54:07 AM »
No we didn't, we showed integrity and didn't tank, we did try and win with what we had and genuinely needed help.  Melbourne worked the system like the bunch of cheats that they are and have now drawn attention to themselves and also ...to our situation, much like Carlton did, but even moreso now.  This might add weight to the case of restoring some compensation our way if we do bottom out this year, as we have been genuinely poor performing whereas clubs like Melbourne have obviously worked the system to our detriment robbing genuinely struggling clubs of the help they needed.
Lots of people name their swords......

Ramps

« Reply #33 on: April 25, 2010, 10:00:12 AM »
No we didn't, we showed integrity and didn't tank, we did try and win with what we had and genuinely needed help.  Melbourne worked the system like the bunch of cheats that they are and have now drawn attention to themselves and also ...to our situation, much like Carlton did, but even moreso now.  This might add weight to the case of restoring some compensation our way if we do bottom out this year, as we have been genuinely poor performing whereas clubs like Melbourne have obviously worked the system to our detriment robbing genuinely struggling clubs of the help they needed.

LOL- you cant be serious? In afl Integrity doesnt mean poo, Its dog eat dog, and in this caper you need to use the system to get the best players, Melbourne used the system to get the best players, instead we had players kicking goals after sirens to win games, jumping up and down like idiots not realising that the other mob was tanking lol. Our club behaved like delinquents and we are where we are and in the end its our fault, winning culture at Punt Rd is rubbish, you cant turn poo into gold, we dont have and havent had enough quality players for years now.

Offline Penelope

• Internet nuffer and sooky jellyfish
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #34 on: April 25, 2010, 10:42:18 AM »
you just cant see the forest for the trees can you Ramps?

Our problem is not that we did not engage in match fixing.

It is simply that we have not drafted/developed players.

An extra few draft choices would not have helped because we have'nt been able to utilise them properly.

We have had plenty of early draft picks over the last decade, but either wasted them or traded them.

You think the Melbourne players themselves were tanking? Have a look at their reaction after the game!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IbFil3lspL0&playnext_from=TL&videos=SjokBsrpv10

Any player that does not go out to win every time you don't want in your side.

If jordie had missed that goal everyone would be saying it highlights how crap he is, yet he kicked it and people still want to bag him for it. Unbelievable.

“For My thoughts are not your thoughts,
Nor are your ways my ways,” says the Lord.

“For as the heavens are higher than the earth,
So are my ways higher than your ways,
And my thoughts than your thoughts."

Yahweh? or the great Clawski?

yaw rehto eht dellorcs ti fi daer ot reisae eb dluow tI

Offline Owl

• Magnificent Bastard
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Bring me TWO chickens
« Reply #35 on: April 25, 2010, 01:57:19 PM »

LOL- you cant be serious? In afl Integrity doesnt mean poo, Its dog eat dog, and in this caper you need to use the system to get the best players, Melbourne used the system to get the best players, instead we had players kicking goals after sirens to win games, jumping up and down like idiots not realising that the other mob was tanking lol. Our club behaved like delinquents and we are where we are and in the end its our fault, winning culture at Punt Rd is rubbish, you cant turn poo into gold, we dont have and havent had enough quality players for years now.
You can't deliberately lose or you are a cheat.  I believe Melbourne coached them to a loss that game, they had tons of players playing out of position and it was just dodgy.  Our players looked like they wanted to win it and I think the Melbourne players did too.  But there were shenanigans afoot.  These shenanigans are now patently obvious to the media and the AFL.  The pressure has been applied to some extent with a few articles, but now the pressure will increase with what has unfolded making certain facts obvious and with how these drafts are going to further deny RFC the same compensations that other clubs have enjoyed, particularly when in fact, they have enjoyed them at our expense when perhaps they were not really in need of them and we obviously were.

Ramps

« Reply #36 on: April 25, 2010, 02:02:41 PM »

An extra few draft choices would not have helped because we have'nt been able to utilise them properly.

We have had plenty of early draft picks over the last decade, but either wasted them or traded them.

You think the Melbourne players themselves were tanking? Have a look at their reaction after the game!

If jordie had missed that goal everyone would be saying it highlights how crap he is, yet he kicked it and people still want to bag him for it. Unbelievable.

I can see the forest from the trees - pity most of our supporters cant see it the same way. Tanking is not match fixing- playing young players is not match fixing, trying players in different positions is not match fixing, tanking is a necessary part of developing your player list. Did you see Trengove yesterday, thats who Melbourne got for Tanking!
We should have tanked- and we didnt! And now we will be stranded on the bottom for years to come probably. Winning culture and all the rest is rubbish. If you aint got any players, no matter how much winning culture you want to have, your still not going to win any games. Last year, what we did in the Melbourne game was the biggest act of delinquency Ive seen in years, players jumping up and down after McMahons goal- what a farce!

Online Francois Jackson

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #37 on: April 25, 2010, 02:08:08 PM »

I was in Vegas at the time and wanted to smash my I phone against the wall.
The dees like Carlton, buldogs, hawks and pies before them have used the system beautifully whilst we celebrated a last win for our ever gracious coach Wallace.
Yes yes all those teams are cheats aren't they.
 Please give me a break

I can see the forest from the trees - pity most of our supporters cant see it the same way. Tanking is not match fixing- playing young players is not match fixing, trying players in different positions is not match fixing, tanking is a necessary part of developing your player list. Did you see Trengove yesterday, thats who Melbourne got for Tanking!
We should have tanked- and we didnt! And now we will be stranded on the bottom for years to come probably. Winning culture and all the rest is rubbish. If you aint got any players, no matter how much winning culture you want to have, your still not going to win any games. Last year, what we did in the Melbourne game was the biggest act of delinquency Ive seen in years, players jumping up and down after McMahons goal- what a farce!
Currently a member of the Roupies, and employed by the great man Roup.

Offline Penelope

• Internet nuffer and sooky jellyfish
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #38 on: April 25, 2010, 02:47:03 PM »
Deliberately setting out to lose is match fixing - you cant fix a match by trying to win.

If you talk about playing kids or even trying players in different positions as part of development, then yes i agree that is different. It's not tanking though. Tanking to me is deliberatlety setting out to loose and that is match fixing.To blatently try players in a different positions at the expense of winning a game you are in a position to do so is match fixing, or tanking.
This is what the coaching staff at Melbourne did last year. They wanted to loose. That is match fixing and that is cheating.

Were st kilda tanking last year when they rested a heap of senior players last year? No they weren't. The fact that they won says that, but would people still give the same answer if they had lost ? They had no legitimate reason to deliberately lose. They were simply resting players with an eye on the bigger picture and were prepared to accept the possible consequences ie losing one game, but they did not set out to lose that game (if they did they failed  ;D)

As for the players celebrating a win. If there is something wrong with that, then the whole thing if stuffed. You show me a player that does not want to win every game they play and that's one player I don't want in the side I follow.

Having played in sides that struggle to win a game I know the elation you feel when you finally do.

Surely our poor drafting/development is a bigger problem than the players celebrating winning a game that some people were wanting us to loose.

Personally, I'd be happy to see the priority picks scrapped or exchanged for something like an extra few spots on the list for a year or two, because the whole issue of tanking, match fixing or whatever you want to call deliberately losing, is a blight on the game.

“For My thoughts are not your thoughts,
Nor are your ways my ways,” says the Lord.

“For as the heavens are higher than the earth,
So are my ways higher than your ways,
And my thoughts than your thoughts."

Yahweh? or the great Clawski?

yaw rehto eht dellorcs ti fi daer ot reisae eb dluow tI

Online Francois Jackson

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #39 on: April 25, 2010, 03:37:34 PM »
If we had picked up a trengrove or kruzer I'm sure you will be singing a different tune al.
Call it what you want but the fact is we are the only team not to use this draft system to our advantage, and we are the only team who still struggles year are after.
Combined with development of the kids are the 2 biggest fuckups this club makes year after year
Currently a member of the Roupies, and employed by the great man Roup.

Offline Owl

• Magnificent Bastard
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Bring me TWO chickens
« Reply #40 on: April 25, 2010, 04:11:05 PM »
Tankers will come unstuck just like other cheats soon.  Someone will own up, blow the whistle or uncover  something eventually, just like what happened with the Storm etc.  Tanking is match fixing, it affects betting, it is against the law like deliberately losing a horse race or throwing a boxing match.

Offline Beren

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #41 on: April 25, 2010, 04:17:08 PM »
If the Melbourne football club was a racehorse punters would be screaming for a swab right now.

Strom get caught rorting the system MFC & Carlton don't
In a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act.

Ramps

« Reply #42 on: April 25, 2010, 04:18:04 PM »
Tankers will come unstuck just like other cheats soon.  Someone will own up, blow the whistle or uncover  something eventually, just like what happened with the Storm etc.  Tanking is match fixing, it affects betting, it is against the law like deliberately losing a horse race or throwing a boxing match.

LOL

Even if someone comes out and says I think I was part of a tank, the club will say, we were playing young players, we were experimenting in new positions, trying to develop our players- END OF STORY.

Against Melbourne last year- our club behaved like a group of DELINQUENTS- jumping up and down like idiots after the final siren, even the Melbourne supporters where jumping and down- and they had every right to coz in the end  they got Trengove whose a star in the making. And we're effin around with a group of players most of whom wouldnt get a game for Mitcham.

the claw

« Reply #43 on: April 25, 2010, 06:41:28 PM »
If the Melbourne football club was a racehorse punters would be screaming for a swab right now.

mfc and cfc have done no such thing they have operated within the rules and used them in a smart way. nothing smart about how the rfc have gone about it since the inception of the draft.

in recent yrs finishing 9th with no hope of becoming a force has been more important to the club and its deluded supporters  than maximising the rules we have to work with and thus being smart and giving ourselves the best possible chance of building something sustainable..

jackstar is back again

« Reply #44 on: April 25, 2010, 06:52:54 PM »

mfc and cfc have done no such thing they have operated within the rules and used them in a smart way. nothing smart about how the rfc have gone about it since the inception of the draft.

in recent yrs finishing 9th with no hope of becoming a force has been more important to the club and its deluded supporters  than maximising the rules we have to work with and thus being smart and giving ourselves the best possible chance of building something sustainable..

And then we either pick up undersized midgets or have players who under perform or we cant develop players to reach there potential, ist not the AFL fault