Author Topic: Team for Round 3  (Read 7040 times)

jackstar is back again

Re: Team for Round 3
« Reply #45 on: April 08, 2010, 09:27:38 PM »
By the way, list have been elevuated ;)
Does elevulated mean they've all developed in an elevator?

Read you messages clown :santa :birthday

Offline WA Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #46 on: April 08, 2010, 09:36:19 PM »
Just on the team when you see this:

C: Dustin Martin, Brett Deledio, Trent Cotchin

It's hard not to think things in relation to our mid-fielders isn't all doom & gloom

:gotigers

Yep gotta love the sound of that

Have to agree as well. Throw an in form and fit Axel into that mix and it sounds even better.  :thumbsup  We just need someone such as Collins, Cotin and/or Roberts to step up as a quality support act and we may have a class midfield!

Lets just hope Collins body can hold up this year as he could be anything, if his body can't though unfortunately I don't think he will be with us next year.
DIMMA - You will be held ACCOUNTABLE...

“We are really excited about what we have brought in. We have got great depth of players that can take us where we need to go. We are just putting some cream on the top at the moment,” he said.

"Rucks:
Shaun Hampson is the No.1 man"

Offline big tone

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #47 on: April 08, 2010, 09:47:51 PM »
Just on the team when you see this:

C: Dustin Martin, Brett Deledio, Trent Cotchin

It's hard not to think things in relation to our mid-fielders isn't all doom & gloom

:gotigers

Yep gotta love the sound of that

Have to agree as well. Throw an in form and fit Axel into that mix and it sounds even better.  :thumbsup  We just need someone such as Collins, Cotin and/or Roberts to step up as a quality support act and we may have a class midfield!

Lets just hope Collins body can hold up this year as he could be anything, if his body can't though unfortunately I don't think he will be with us next year.
Did we draft another Colins last year? Because the one we already had is a tryer at very best! And that's being nice. Can you honestly tell me you think he could be anything?... Another skinny boy....

Offline WA Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #48 on: April 08, 2010, 09:59:51 PM »
Collins is one player in our team that can at least boast skills, he is a very good gick, good smart football brain and is also quite quick. He is not skinny and with a pre-season WITHOUT injury he could really come along nicely. Can his body hold up...?????
DIMMA - You will be held ACCOUNTABLE...

“We are really excited about what we have brought in. We have got great depth of players that can take us where we need to go. We are just putting some cream on the top at the moment,” he said.

"Rucks:
Shaun Hampson is the No.1 man"

Offline TigerLand

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • I <3 Mrs Hardwick
« Reply #49 on: April 08, 2010, 10:06:17 PM »

Baha that is one of the funniest calls I've ever read. Touche Infamy.. touche lol :lol
Go Tigers!

Offline camboon

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #50 on: April 08, 2010, 10:11:09 PM »
Have we given up on Tuck and Cuz

Offline Infamy

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #51 on: April 08, 2010, 10:12:20 PM »

Read you messages clown :santa :birthday
Clearly I have read the PM you sent me, try paying a little more attention and you may notice evidence

Online eliminator

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #52 on: April 09, 2010, 07:03:23 AM »
Shame about Will. How long is he going to be out for? He is a very good defender and would have thrashed Bradshaw. Need to watch O'Keefe and Goodes. Hardwick made the right decison in who he dropped and who he brought in. Would try Polo upforward. I can't stand Sydney. It is time a side exposes them as being overrated hacks.

Offline RollsRoyce

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #53 on: April 09, 2010, 09:16:27 AM »
I can't stand Sydney. It is time a side exposes them as being overrated hacks.

I can't stand 'em either. Their style of play is an absolute disgrace, and is detrimental to the game. Especially when it nets them a premiership, and inevitably other sides (like St.K,Coll,and Crows to name a few) start copying them.
Unfortunately for most people the ends always justify the means.

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
"We're looking to give some others a chance": Hardwick (RFC)
« Reply #54 on: April 09, 2010, 02:07:03 PM »
from the RFC site....

Cousins is one of six changes the Tigers made for round three, with Alex Rance, Shane Tuck, Dean Polo and Matthew White all playing their first games this season.

"We're looking to give some others a chance," Hardwick said.

"A guy like Alex Rance has played well in the reserves as have Tuck and Polo. Some of the guys that went out were probably a little bit stiff but we thought we could get some more input from the guys coming in."

Ball-winner Shane Tuck returns to the senior side for the first time in 2010 after the coaching staff worked with him in the off-season to adjust his role in the side.

"We feel with our midfield with Cotchin, Deledio and Martin, that we needed to reconfigure Tucky in a way. So you'll see him playing a different role, which he's excited about and I'm excited about too," Hardwick said.

"It's good to have him back in the side ... he's a competitive man and that's what I like about him, so hopefully he comes in this week and has a good game."

Mature-age recruit Relton Roberts has also been given a chance to prove himself after a lacklustre AFL debut in round one.

"We felt he deserved another chance to show us what he's got. We think he's going to be a player for our future so we want to give him every opportunity to show us how he can play."

Will Thursfield (leg) and Mitch Farmer (leg) will be sidelined this week due to injury, while small forward Robin Nahas, Jake King, Tom Hislop and Adam Thomson have been dropped.

http://www.richmondfc.com.au/news/newsarticle/tabid/6301/newsid/91951/default.aspx

Hardwick admitted the Tigers' learning curve was a steep one after successive hidings by Carlton and the Western Bulldogs to start the season.

But he was pleased with the way his young players were responding to the challenges.

"You learn something every week and every week we highlighted three areas, and we look for improvement in those areas against Sydney,'' Hardwick said.

"We're reasonably happy with where we're at and the way we're learning, and we just want to get better.''

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/afl/ricky-olarenshaw-apologises-for-ben-cousins-rumours/story-e6frf9jf-1225851819849
« Last Edit: April 09, 2010, 02:29:06 PM by one-eyed »

Offline Ekto

• Premiership Captain
« Reply #55 on: April 09, 2010, 02:09:54 PM »
It's Shane Edwards 50th game this week too.  :cheers
Have a ripper Shane.

Offline RollsRoyce

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #56 on: April 09, 2010, 09:50:36 PM »
I can't stand Sydney. It is time a side exposes them as being overrated hacks.

I can't stand 'em either. Their style of play is an absolute disgrace, and is detrimental to the game. Especially when it nets them a premiership, and inevitably other sides (like St.K,Coll,and Crows to name a few) start copying them.
Unfortunately for most people the ends always justify the means.

And just in case you think I was kidding, the snorefest that is St.K vs: Coll has yielded a scoreline of 42 to 38 to 3/4 time. :sleep :sleep :sleep

Offline crannyvegas

• Premiership Captain
« Reply #57 on: April 09, 2010, 10:47:54 PM »

[/quote]

And just in case you think I was kidding, the snorefest that is St.K vs: Coll has yielded a scoreline of 42 to 38 to 3/4 time. :sleep :sleep :sleep
[/quote]

Really?? Hard, passionate and accountable brand of football being played. What i wouldn't give to see that kind of endevour week in week out by the tigers.
Detka! Detka! Detka!

Offline Danog

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #58 on: April 09, 2010, 11:16:08 PM »
It was Collingwood's abysmal kicking that made them score that low.

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
Re: "We're looking to give some others a chance": Hardwick (RFC)
« Reply #59 on: April 09, 2010, 11:45:00 PM »
It won't be a low-scoring game for the Saints when we play them  :help. If they turn up with their A-game they'll swamp us with that kind of pressure, toughness and intensity  :help.

"We feel with our midfield with Cotchin, Deledio and Martin, that we needed to reconfigure Tucky in a way. So you'll see him playing a different role, which he's excited about and I'm excited about too," Hardwick said.

"It's good to have him back in the side ... he's a competitive man and that's what I like about him, so hopefully he comes in this week and has a good game."
Tucky obviously going to play forward this week. Probably as a lead up HF after we had King, Nahas and Nason as our HF line last week  :P. Hardwick must have been reading OER. Rance may play forward as well.

HF:  Nason    Riewoldt     Tuck
F:    Morton    Rance     Roberts/Post.

Post may be used in defence though with Thursty out.
All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd