Author Topic: Danny Meyer  (Read 41281 times)

blx

Re: Meyer again has undergone surgery
« Reply #270 on: March 12, 2008, 11:19:53 PM »
Good time to get rid of him, put him on the long term injury list and get someone who actually wants to play for the club.
If I thought he was enthusiastic about playing for us, I'd feel sorry for him, but he's just been a waste of space.
I think that's a pretty disgraceful attitude to take towards one of our players. The guy obviously has a serious injury if he needs to have hip surgery.

i agree. this whole thread is turning to poo.

the poor kid can't take a trick at the moment and instead of offering support hes getting kicked in the guts.

so typical of richmond supporters against their juniors.

i still hope he is at least given a chance as i think he's gonna be a great player once he gets a run of matches.

but go ahead, lay the boot in while hes out.

Offline Mr Magic

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #271 on: March 12, 2008, 11:24:48 PM »
the poor kid can't take a trick at the moment and instead of offering support hes getting kicked in the guts.

i still hope he is at least given a chance as i think he's gonna be a great player once he gets a run of matches.

Has played well in one or two games when he was supposedly fit but certainly never looked like he had it and couldn't even make the bests at the lower levels.
Nothing personal but he was a terrible selection at dp 12.

Offline Z-28

• Tiger Rookie
« Reply #272 on: March 13, 2008, 01:46:06 AM »
Why did we resign him?

Danny Meyer is finished unfortunately.

they tried to trade him but no one wanted him

miller wasnt going to delist a 1st round pick from 04 and make himself look like an ever bigger goose (is that possible?)

its dissapointing collard hasnt shown more because he would of been the perfect replacement, now they will go with howat :banghead

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #273 on: March 13, 2008, 04:23:52 AM »
Danny Jacobs retired yesterday due to enduring hip problems. Had 8 operations in the past 3 years yet they didn't do any good.

Moi

« Reply #274 on: March 13, 2008, 04:42:22 AM »
Good time to get rid of him, put him on the long term injury list and get someone who actually wants to play for the club.
If I thought he was enthusiastic about playing for us, I'd feel sorry for him, but he's just been a waste of space.
I think that's a pretty disgraceful attitude to take towards one of our players. The guy obviously has a serious injury if he needs to have hip surgery.

i agree. this whole thread is turning to poo.

Listen Mother Theresa, I give support where it's due.  Don't give it to prima donnas who put themselves in the draft and then when they get drafted don't want to play for the club they're drafted to.  For his first year he just moped about being here, and since then has been happy to get games in the seconds and that's about it.  He has great skills, no desire.  Give it to a kid who has.

Moi

« Reply #275 on: March 13, 2008, 05:07:56 AM »
What are you saying I'm glad he got a hip injury
 :rollin
GFY

richmondrules

« Reply #276 on: March 13, 2008, 07:09:27 AM »
Bad luck for the kid, a real shame. Gee I hope for his sake this time fixes the problem for good. Even if he never gets fit enough to play, having such problems with your body  at such a young age can't be good. He has a lot of life ahead of him and it would be terrible to have to cope with injury for the whole of it.

Offline Fishfinger

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • You can't put brains in an idiot
« Reply #277 on: March 13, 2008, 07:21:00 AM »

they tried to trade him but no one wanted him

I don't think they did try to trade him.   :-\
Hawthorn apparently showed interest in him but nothing came of it. GM said (to someone I know) before trade week that Danny wouldn't be going anywhere.
It's 50 of one and half a dozen of the other - Don Scott

Offline blaisee

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #278 on: March 13, 2008, 09:06:08 AM »
unfortunately for danny meyer, his job of impersonating an afl footballer is over.

Offline Infamy

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #279 on: March 13, 2008, 12:00:15 PM »
Listen Mother Theresa, I give support where it's due.  Don't give it to prima donnas who put themselves in the draft and then when they get drafted don't want to play for the club they're drafted to.  For his first year he just moped about being here, and since then has been happy to get games in the seconds and that's about it.  He has great skills, no desire.  Give it to a kid who has.
How exactly do you know that he never wanted to play for the club, has he told you this or are you just speculating on hearsay and rumours? Fact is you don't know pooh about Danny and what he's gone through so your critisism of him is unfounded and unneccesary.

What are you saying I'm glad he got a hip injury
 :rollin
GFY
Not entirely where I said you were glad he got injured, you're just making things up now

Tigermonk

« Reply #280 on: March 13, 2008, 12:11:30 PM »
oh his a good player he wont breakdown again  :rollin :rollin remember them posts  :rollin :rollin

Moi

« Reply #281 on: March 13, 2008, 01:07:10 PM »
Not entirely where I said you were glad he got injured, you're just making things up now
You called my comments disgraceful, sunshine.
The "fact" I know he was very unhappy when he arrived here is not a disgraceful comment.
And how I know is none of you're effing business and care the least whether you believe or not!

Offline Infamy

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #282 on: March 13, 2008, 01:19:55 PM »
How the hell do your comments being disgraceful translate into you wishing that he had an injury?
The kid could have been homesick for Geez sake, the fact is that he has made no attempt to go home to Adelaide
You're sticking the boot in to a player who has a potentially career ending injury, that's pretty poor form

Offline Infamy

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #283 on: March 13, 2008, 01:23:33 PM »
Plus a report from the Tiger Lillies function says that Terry informed them that Meyer had only just had an arthroscope
recently, not a new surgery. It was just to see if his last surgery was successful.

Moi

« Reply #284 on: March 13, 2008, 01:26:32 PM »
Plus a report from the Tiger Lillies function says that Terry informed them that Meyer had only just had an arthroscope
recently, not a new surgery. It was just to see if his last surgery was successful.
That is wonderful  ::)