Author Topic: Danny Meyer  (Read 41270 times)

Ramps

Re: Danny Meyer
« Reply #315 on: July 12, 2008, 09:24:31 PM »
but he can kick the footy so Im for giving him another year. Its up to him. Personally Id like to see him slot in on a hbf. If he cant fire on a hbf over the next 12 months then seeya later.

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #316 on: July 17, 2008, 05:58:38 PM »
Rawlings on Meyer on EOTT:

"Showed some really good signs.  His ball use was particularly impressive and he adapted well to the role of a small defender in the second half."

http://210.50.4.102/rfc/

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #317 on: July 24, 2008, 02:15:36 AM »
Dmactiger on Y&B spoke to Meyer at the cocktail party:

"Danny says his hip still gives him pain and the 8 week break will fix it up."

http://yellowandblack.com.au/forum/showpost.php?p=182649&postcount=41

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #318 on: July 25, 2008, 01:18:00 PM »
Rawlings in EOTT says Meyer is close to AFL selection:

"Started at half-back and was very solid there, before moving to a wing.  His kicking skills stood out and he was a big factor in us winning the game.  Getting close to AFL selection."

« Last Edit: July 25, 2008, 02:20:48 PM by one-eyed »

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #319 on: September 04, 2008, 03:43:45 PM »
Rawlings on Danny Meyer from EOTT:

Was terrific in his role off half-back, gathering plenty of possessions (seven inside-50 entries). Read the ball in the air better than most and his disposal, predominantly, was efficient. Has full faith in his body now and that’s helping him play some really good football.

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #320 on: September 06, 2008, 06:09:04 PM »
Danny does look freer in his movements but he's no FB  :-\.
All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd

Offline TigerLand

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • I <3 Mrs Hardwick
Danny Meyer to debut for Power
« Reply #321 on: June 11, 2009, 05:23:42 PM »
Reluctant to say good luck to Danny, was pretty unlucky with injuries but just didn't come on, but in hindsight he would have happily been a tiger player if things clicked but didn't so good luck.

At the end of the day will be interesting to see if he does well and the recruiting at Richmond could look a little bit better and place some blame on the development side of things.

All in all look forward to seeing him play. Hope the power smash the Mish.

edit: fixed title
« Last Edit: June 11, 2009, 05:51:31 PM by one-eyed »
Go Tigers!

Offline RollsRoyce

• RFC Hall of Fame
Re: Danny Meyer to debut for Power
« Reply #322 on: June 11, 2009, 06:09:16 PM »
I think it's an absolute disgrace that Richmond didn't receive a draft pick for Danny Meyer. Even a low-level one. We basically just threw him away, and now he's set to play senior footy again.
He was after all a no. 12 draft pick (albeit, a very poor choice - Matthew Bate was taken the pick after him :banghead), and along with Pattison  :-\ was part of the compensation for losing Ottens.
I reckon it's a safe bet that he and David Rodan probably hang out together at Port, and swap tales of woe about their time at Tigerland, and how glad they are to be shot of the place.

Online WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #323 on: June 11, 2009, 08:30:16 PM »
I think it's an absolute disgrace that Richmond didn't receive a draft pick for Danny Meyer. Even a low-level one. We basically just threw him away, and now he's set to play senior footy again.

Sadly RR, to trade someone another party has to want to part with something. Blokes get put up for trade and no shows any interest. Was probably the case here  :thumbsup The fact that Danny only ended up being rookied by Port shows they weren't interested in giving up anything for him
"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Offline WA Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #324 on: June 11, 2009, 08:34:47 PM »
 :sleep :sleep :sleep :sleep
DIMMA - You will be held ACCOUNTABLE...

“We are really excited about what we have brought in. We have got great depth of players that can take us where we need to go. We are just putting some cream on the top at the moment,” he said.

"Rucks:
Shaun Hampson is the No.1 man"

Offline Stripes

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #325 on: June 11, 2009, 08:42:52 PM »
I was always an advocate for retaining Meyer over someone like Pettifier. I think Meyer never truly showed his worth to us because of injuries. Now that he is injury free he will get a clear run at it.

I think he will embarrass us.  :-[

Stripes

Offline WA Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #326 on: June 11, 2009, 08:44:42 PM »
I was always an advocate for retaining Meyer over someone like Pettifier. I think Meyer never truly showed his worth to us because of injuries. Now that he is injury free he will get a clear run at it.

I think he will embarrass us.  :-[

Stripes

I think we will be safe Stripes, he played all NAB Cup and pre-season and did nothing, I cant see that changing.
DIMMA - You will be held ACCOUNTABLE...

“We are really excited about what we have brought in. We have got great depth of players that can take us where we need to go. We are just putting some cream on the top at the moment,” he said.

"Rucks:
Shaun Hampson is the No.1 man"

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #327 on: June 11, 2009, 10:23:33 PM »
Danny's been doing alright for Glenelg who are equal top of the ladder but nothing mind blowing. He's had 22, 12, 26, 17, 19 disposals in his past 5 SANFL games. We'll see how Danny goes with his last chance. Rodan was great in his first year with Port but has slipped back to a fringe player since. Will Danny be the same?
All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd

Offline RollsRoyce

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #328 on: June 12, 2009, 08:34:19 AM »
Sadly RR, to trade someone another party has to want to part with something. Blokes get put up for trade and no shows any interest. Was probably the case here  :thumbsup

Hawthorn were prepared to trade a low-level pick for him for a couple of season's. He came to their attention after a very good game he played for Coburg against Box Hill, where he was really amongst the goals.At the time we obviously thought that he'd get over his hip injury and was worth retaining. I personally think we should have jumped at the chance. But as with Jay Schulz (who Port offered something like pick 29 for to my memory) we hung on for nothing, and missed the boat.

Tigermonk

« Reply #329 on: June 12, 2009, 10:19:40 AM »
Danny's been doing alright for Glenelg who are equal top of the ladder but nothing mind blowing. He's had 22, 12, 26, 17, 19 disposals in his past 5 SANFL games. We'll see how Danny goes with his last chance. Rodan was great in his first year with Port but has slipped back to a fringe player since. Will Danny be the same?

possies mean little MT you should know that, he coulld be playing a tagging role
l think he earned the respect of the Port club the day he closed Wanganeen down which was a terrific effort
l be watching this game & Meyer closely & see how far he has developed which seeing his got the recall to AFL will make us look very stupid & prove our under development at the club
will also signal another player we kepted in cotton wool for other clubs to get reward. Look at Rodan he hardly does circle work now  ;D  :thumbsup