Author Topic: Coburg vs Frankston, Sunday April 18  (Read 5409 times)

Ramps

Re: Coburg vs Frankston, Sunday April 18
« Reply #30 on: April 18, 2010, 05:15:39 PM »
Coburg seniors losing to Frankston though  :o  :P

2010 VFL Seniors

Frankston        4.6  8.8  12.8-80
Coburg Tigers   1.2  3.5  8.7-55

Thats a joke ::)

Considering the amount of senior players down there I fully agree its a joke even moreso Id say its disgraceful. Hardwick should cut one or two. Needs to continue to make change.

jackstar is back again

« Reply #31 on: April 18, 2010, 05:17:52 PM »
Problem I have Ramps is this.
The whole playing group as gone backwards.
How on earth Frankston beat Coburg is beyond belief.

Ramps

« Reply #32 on: April 18, 2010, 05:19:37 PM »

In my opinion-

Hardwick needs to ask Simmonds to retire this week and he needs to cut one or two of the list including McMahon. Theres no point keeping players if they are unable to make a contribution or the coach doesnt think they can. I can see another 10-12 blokes getting the arse in September.

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #33 on: April 18, 2010, 05:21:59 PM »
With thanks to Fishfinger who watched both Coburg games.....

In the seniors were Polo, Nahas, Roberts, Polak, McGuane, Cousins, Foley, Graham, Gourdis, Browne, Webberley, King,

First quarter - Coburg spanked in general play

In Ressies - Hicks, Griffiths (#37), Westhoff, McMahon, Contin, O'Rielly

Griffiths took some strong grabs. Was out marked by Westhoff a few times.

Grimes took a sensational mark backing into the pack in the second quarter.

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #34 on: April 18, 2010, 05:40:05 PM »
FF's bests:

King - nearly won the game with his last quarter.
Roberts - class
Foley.

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #35 on: April 18, 2010, 06:10:46 PM »
To lose to a bunch of Frankston ammos is just plain embarrassing  :help. Frankston had a huge number of players walkout over summer and there was even talk at one stage of Goosey at 40 having to be playing coach.
All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #36 on: April 18, 2010, 06:12:09 PM »
2010 VFL Seniors

Frankston        4.6  8.8  12.8  15.11 (101)
Coburg Tigers   1.2  3.5   8.7   15.7 (97)

GOALS:
Frankston: Clark 3 Hibberd 2 Miller  Clark  Hockey  Potts  Crowe  Gabriel  Thoolen  Bosward  Proctor  Lean
Coburg Tigers: King 4 Roberts 3 Polo 2 Nahas 2 Gourdis 2 Kahlefeldt  Webberley

BEST:
Frankston: Rogasch Miller Clark Baguley Hockey Kennedy
Coburg Tigers: King Rayson Polo Cousins Nahas Kahlefeldt

REPORTED PLAYERS:
Frankston: M Baguley (Frankston) for striking J Kahlefeldt (Coburg Tigers)
Coburg Tigers: Nil

https://reg.sportingpulse.com/olr_v3/rpt_progressive.cgi?aID=8&pg=1&a=MR_

Offline Fishfinger

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • You can't put brains in an idiot
« Reply #37 on: April 18, 2010, 06:52:58 PM »
Wow, 7 goals in the last.
Against a 3 goal breeze which sprung up at 3/4 time.

Hit the front with about 2 minutes to go. Tried the possession game to wind down the clock. A howler of a turnover by a Richmond-listed player, who I've never seen it the backline before, as he ran across the goals and short passed straight to a Frankston player who slotted the winning goal (was a bloody good goal, just quietly).
Coburg didn't deserve to win but I would have enjoyed seeing the feral Frankston fans with the primary school sense of humour (a fair proportion of the crowd) laughing on the other side of their faces.
Did I mention feral?
It's 50 of one and half a dozen of the other - Don Scott

jackstar is back again

« Reply #38 on: April 18, 2010, 06:55:20 PM »
Well, who was the player ?

Offline Fishfinger

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • You can't put brains in an idiot
« Reply #39 on: April 18, 2010, 07:03:21 PM »
I'm Nahot telling.  :P

Can't blame him for not winning. Just bad timing to stuff up.
The first half seemed to be going through the motions and expecting things to just happen. Once they got a wriggle on half way through the 3rd quarter when 7 goals down they'd given Frankston a mighty big head start and some confidence.
It's 50 of one and half a dozen of the other - Don Scott

Ramps

« Reply #40 on: April 18, 2010, 07:06:56 PM »
I'm Nahot telling.

The first half seemed to be going through the motions and expecting things to just happen. Once they got a wriggle on half way through the 3rd quarter when 7 goals down they'd given Frankston a mighty big head start and some confidence.

talk about not wanting to give him up lol ... you might as well have stuck a picture up lol

Offline bojangles17

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Platinum member 33 years
« Reply #41 on: April 18, 2010, 07:10:38 PM »
I'm Nahot telling.

well in a perverse way, I am glad it was him, he is one of the last players I wanna see back in the seniors....glad to hear of Hicks prominent form in the thirds..and the Hoff
RFC 1885, Often Imitated, Never Equalled

Offline crannyvegas

• Premiership Captain
« Reply #42 on: April 18, 2010, 10:01:46 PM »

turnover of players on mass, and this is the position we are left in. we have no depth at all.
Detka! Detka! Detka!

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
Dolphins just hold off Tigers (Age)
« Reply #43 on: April 19, 2010, 01:08:25 AM »
Dolphins just hold off Tigers
BRENT DIAMOND
April 19, 2010

FRANKSTON showed great resilience to win its first game of the season by four points in a finals-like atmosphere at Frankston Oval against the Coburg Tigers yesterday.

The Dolphins led by 25 points at the last change before a Tiger resurgence - stemmed in the midfield from Ben Cousins, Nathan Foley and a shift to the forward line from Jake King - cost them the lead twice before winning, 15.11 (101) to 15.7 (97).

Benny Lean, a 20-year-old from Frankston, scored the match-winner after King kicked three last-quarter goals and Relton Roberts threatened to steal the game with his blistering pace.

''He was down back and he actually cost us a couple of goals and I got into him a bit and it was good that he was able to come back and to come through the midfield and score that goal was magnificent,'' Dolphins coach Simon Goosey said.

http://www.theage.com.au/afl/afl-news/dolphins-just-hold-off-tigers-20100418-smk6.html

At Frankston yesterday, Richmond's Ben Cousins, who was handed a one-week club ban and a spell at Coburg Tigers, racked up 28 disposals in front of almost 5000 fans.

Cousins was on song against Frankston as he helped turn on a second-half, midfield-driven revival at Coburg, along with Nathan Foley, who was playing his first VFL senior game after a reserves match last week.

http://www.theage.com.au/afl/afl-news/cat-pair-hurt-in-curtain-raiser-20100418-smjz.html

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
Big crowd watches Ben Cousins (Herald-Sun)
« Reply #44 on: April 19, 2010, 08:30:27 AM »
Big crowd watches Ben Cousins
Sam Landsberger
Herald Sun
April 19, 2010

THREE of the disgraced Richmond quartet suspended for misconduct after the side's nine-goal loss to Sydney last week pulled on the boots for VFL affiliate Coburg yesterday, with mixed results.

Controversial midfielder Ben Cousins, Luke McGuane and Dean Polo, all dumped from the senior side for one week, headed to Frankston Park to tackle the Dolphins in front of a bumper VFL crowd.

The fourth suspended player, instigator Daniel Connors, has seven weeks left of his senior suspension to serve and it is unknown when he will again be allowed to play at any level.

About 7000 people flocked to see Cousins in action -- an enormous turnout given the plight of Frankston.

Cousins started on the wing and racked up 28 possessions in the Tigers four-point loss, but his impact on the game was limited.

The vocal crowd was unforgiving and came to life when the Brownlow medallist was pinged for holding the ball in the first term, resulting in the Dolphins' third goal.

Polo tried hard and will push for senior recall. McGuane was rarely sighted.

Coburg coach David Newett acknowledged the leadership of Cousins.

"(Cousins) was OK. He got a run under his belt, but I'm hoping he's like the rest of the boys and disappointed with the result," Newett said.

Coburg hired security for its rooms and secretly whisked Cousins away after the match before speaking to the media.

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/afl/big-crowd-watches-ben-cousins/story-e6frf9jf-1225855242627