Author Topic: Terry Wallace takes a shot at Ben Cousins (Herald-Sun)  (Read 4816 times)

FNM

Re: Terry Wallace takes a shot at Ben Cousins (Herald-Sun)
« Reply #30 on: April 15, 2010, 10:49:37 PM »
I wonder if he was one of those 50/50 to be kept/cut at the end of 2009 that Dimma has talked about?

No doubt, and he'll probably go on and become a good player elsewhere
All because we can't manage our players
If they had have got him help in the first place and done their duty, he might have changed his behaviour somewhat.
But if he hasn't after 8 warnings, that's mismanagement again - he should have been well and truly gone by now
Again, player mismanagement
When do management put their hand up or do we keep sacking coaches for bringing through a list that is physically and mentally weak.

Very good point.

I think the disciplines (sp) going in now for real. (cross your fingers) :pray
Carlscum send their best forward on his way.  We give a guy who really doesn't care about himself or others eight chances.
I would definitely hope our admin can finally get their act together and give all of them a three strikes and you're out policy
And apply the same criteria to themselves because I don't see the blokes running this joint doing a great job either  :banghead

Offline Mr Magic

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #31 on: April 15, 2010, 11:07:44 PM »
Carlscum send their best forward on his way.  We give a guy who really doesn't care about himself or others eight chances.

Remind me again how many chances Fev had? ;D

Seems there's far less tolerance from all club's of player's who abuse alcohol in the current environment and like others our club has finally gotten serious.
Especially in light of so many recent high profile alcohol related incidents such as those relating to Fev & Lovett.

Sounds to me that Dan's very lucky he's not been sacked and we may move him on at year's end regardless.
No doubt all footballers across the league are on notice.

Offline Penelope

• Internet nuffer and sooky jellyfish
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #32 on: April 16, 2010, 08:50:12 AM »
What would be the point of sacking him now? I dont think you can elevate a rookie to replace him if you do which would leave us one short on the list.
The ball is now in his court to get his poo together...and if he does he will probably be a better person/player for it.

If he doesnt make it back into the seniors then he will probably be gone come next season, but at least he has had one last chance. The difference between this time and all his other warnings is that he has also a received a proverbial kick in the arse that makes his teeth rattle with it. He should be now under no illusions as to where he stands.
“For My thoughts are not your thoughts,
Nor are your ways my ways,” says the Lord.

“For as the heavens are higher than the earth,
So are my ways higher than your ways,
And my thoughts than your thoughts."

Yahweh? or the great Clawski?

yaw rehto eht dellorcs ti fi daer ot reisae eb dluow tI

Offline Chuck17

• The Shaun Grugg of OER
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #33 on: April 16, 2010, 08:52:37 AM »
What would be the point of sacking him now? I dont think you can elevate a rookie to replace him if you do which would leave us one short on the list.
The ball is now in his court to get his poo together...and if he does he will probably be a better person/player for it.

If he doesnt make it back into the seniors then he will probably be gone come next season, but at least he has had one last chance. The difference between this time and all his other warnings is that he has also a received a proverbial kick in the behind that makes his teeth rattle with it. He should be now under no illusions as to where he stands.

There is too much sense in that post, it will go way over the head of some

FNM

« Reply #34 on: April 16, 2010, 09:05:46 AM »

Plenty.  But Carlton had a bottom line and eventually had enough.
We seem to give a kid an open contract to not perform on or off the field  :banghead

Offline Carvels Ring

• Premiership Captain
« Reply #35 on: April 16, 2010, 09:09:49 AM »
comparisons with Fev and Carlton are eroneous

FNM

« Reply #36 on: April 16, 2010, 09:27:11 AM »
comparisons with Fev and Carlton are eroneous
Why?

Offline Penelope

• Internet nuffer and sooky jellyfish
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #37 on: April 16, 2010, 09:45:20 AM »

Plenty.  But Carlton had a bottom line and eventually had enough.
We seem to give a kid an open contract to not perform on or off the field  :banghead

I can see where you are coming from, but I also see (hope?) that there are changes afoot within the club. It's a bit like comparing Connors suspension to that of Sugar's. That was then this is now. Sure you could rightfully argue that it should never have got this stage, but it has and that can't be changed. The club have now dealt with it swiftly, honestly, and perhaps brutally. I'd be very surprised if Conners was given another chance, unlike fev who seemed to have a number of last chances.

The other aspect of the comparison to Fev is that no one from those dirty cheating low life scum made any real effort to prevent Fevs self damage Brownlow night, something that was being telecast live. Yet although three blokes did try to help Connors, the club has said they didn't do it soon enough or go about it the right way, here's some medicine for you to. If Carlton had applied that then the captain would have been suspended for a year and the president stood down.
“For My thoughts are not your thoughts,
Nor are your ways my ways,” says the Lord.

“For as the heavens are higher than the earth,
So are my ways higher than your ways,
And my thoughts than your thoughts."

Yahweh? or the great Clawski?

yaw rehto eht dellorcs ti fi daer ot reisae eb dluow tI