Author Topic: Teams for Round 4 / Team vs. Melbourne  (Read 2211 times)

Offline WA Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
Re: Teams for Round 4 / Team vs. Melbourne
« Reply #15 on: April 15, 2010, 11:16:03 PM »
I/C : Ty Vickery, David Astbury, Graham Polak, Andy Collins
At least with those 4 we add badly needed height, structure and flexibility with our talls.

Hopefully we don't see Kingy ever again and he plays out his final year at Coburg.

That backline the way it is named is highly skilled by foot isn't it  :help.

Hardwick just needs to take a gamble on this game and not try to bandaid the holes with players like King that just have not got it with our structure. You are dead right about the backline, could be the difference with the amount of turnovers that lot could generate.. :scream
DIMMA - You will be held ACCOUNTABLE...

“We are really excited about what we have brought in. We have got great depth of players that can take us where we need to go. We are just putting some cream on the top at the moment,” he said.

"Rucks:
Shaun Hampson is the No.1 man"

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #16 on: April 15, 2010, 11:33:30 PM »
We've got to hope Rance at FB doesn't have another Launceston implosion  :-\. The Dees don't have any star tall forwards so I'd guess we're hoping we can get away with just Rance and Moore in the key posts and the rest smalls. Posty may have to go down there if Alex and Kel struggle. Edwards and White should not be playing in defence. They are HFFers at best.
All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd

Offline WA Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #17 on: April 15, 2010, 11:38:23 PM »
We've got to hope Rance at FB doesn't have another Launceston implosion  :-\. The Dees don't have any star tall forwards so I'd guess we're hoping we can get away with just Rance and Moore in the key posts and the rest smalls. Posty may have to go down there if Alex and Kel struggle. Edwards and White should not be playing in defence. They are HFFers at best.

Rance really has the chance to stand up here doesn't he, agree with you on Edwards and White but IMHO Edwards should really be making hot dogs.. ;D I hope Dea can show a bit too. If anything maybe rotate Edwards and White through the forward line at some stage during the game.

“We are really excited about what we have brought in. We have got great depth of players that can take us where we need to go. We are just putting some cream on the top at the moment,” he said.

"Rucks:

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #18 on: April 16, 2010, 12:04:32 AM »

Rance really has the chance to stand up here doesn't he, agree with you on Edwards and White but IMHO Edwards should really be making hot dogs.. ;D I hope Dea can show a bit too. If anything maybe rotate Edwards and White through the forward line at some stage during the game.
Blingers and Dea off the HBFs for mine.

Offline WA Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #19 on: April 16, 2010, 12:10:09 AM »

Now MT listen to this then, while I was watching Tony (I am a stuff wit) Shaw tonight on Fox League Teams Live tonight he said; He has no idea why Tambling plays out of the bacline because he can't play there and he is no good in the backline. He also said that Tambling should be played on the wing, through the centre and forward...I agree with you, I think he has played some of his BEST football as a rebounding back flanker...... Shaw is God though.. ::) :whistle

"Rucks:

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #20 on: April 16, 2010, 12:56:39 AM »

Now MT listen to this then, while I was watching Tony (I am a eff wit) Shaw tonight on Fox League Teams Live tonight he said; He has no idea why Tambling plays out of the bacline because he can't play there and he is no good in the backline. He also said that Tambling should be played on the wing, through the centre and forward...I agree with you, I think he has played some of his BEST football as a rebounding back flanker...... Shaw is God though.. ::) :whistle
Yep someone remind Tony where did Richie play his best footy last year  ::).

Offline eliminator

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #21 on: April 16, 2010, 07:07:00 AM »
Leave out Hislop, King and Farmer. A big blow Will not back in. Agree take a risk play the first gamers. It gives fans some hope. Play edwards up forward. Need to keep bates quite. Brett needs to dominate this game. He needs to impose himself. Trent hopefully will have a blinder. Agree with comments playing Tambling off backline. Play Polak at Centre Half Forward and put Post in the backline.

Online WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #22 on: April 16, 2010, 07:21:05 AM »
Post has to be the luckiest bloke in that team. Some of his efforts last week looked worse onthe replay than they did live at the game  ;D

I would think he survived only because of the forced suspensions

Anyway I'd play Polak because he can play down back in a pich but more important as a forward will straigthen us up and give us a big body

Will confess to being staggered that Collins has made it to the extended I/C - he wasn't great last week disposal wise at Coburg. Nahas is the same, actually in Nahas' case was he playing last week at Coburg  :rollin
"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Offline wayne

• Fame of Hall
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • In Absentia
« Reply #23 on: April 16, 2010, 05:12:44 PM »
Richmond
B: Shane Edwards, Alex Rance, Matthew Dea
HB: Mitch Farmer, Kelvin Moore, Matt White
C: Dustin Martin, Brett Deledio, Trent Cotchin
HF: Troy Taylor, Jack Riewoldt, Mitch Morton
F: Ben Nason, Jayden Post, Richard Tambling
Foll: Troy Simmonds, Daniel Jackson, Shane Tuck
I/C: Tyrone Vickery, David Astbury, Tom Hislop, Andrew Collins
Emg: Graham Polak, Jake King, Robin Nahas

In: Hislop, Collins, Farmer, Taylor, Astbury, Dea
Out: Chris Newman (leg), Luke McGuane (club susp), Dean Polo (club susp), Relton Roberts, Daniel Connors (club susp), Ben Cousins (club susp)

New: Troy Taylor (South Alice Springs/NT Thunder), Matthew Dea (North Ballarat), David Astbury (North Ballarat)
And you may not think I care for you
When you know down inside that I really do

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #24 on: April 16, 2010, 05:19:21 PM »
Melbourne

B: James McDonald, Matthew Warnock, James Frawley
HB: Cameron Bruce, Colin Garland, Lynden Dunn
C: Jack Trengove, Aaron Davey, Clint Bartram
HF: Brad Green, Ricky Petterd, Nathan Jones
F: Colin Sylvia, Matthew Bate, Rohan Bail
Foll: Mark Jamar, Jack Grimes, Brent Moloney
I/C: Joel Macdonald, Jordie McKenzie, Tom Scully, Jamie Bennell

Emg: Jake Spencer, Michael Newton, Kyle Cheney

In: Sylvia
Out: Michael Newton

Offline wayne

• Fame of Hall
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • In Absentia
« Reply #25 on: April 16, 2010, 05:20:29 PM »
I think we're still a fair chance at our first win.

Melbourne's team doesn't look much better than ours.
And you may not think I care for you
When you know down inside that I really do

Offline WA Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #26 on: April 16, 2010, 06:23:26 PM »
Gee, I don't know, I just can't do Farmer and Edwards in the backline together, two small, love the rest though, about time we tooks some risks and played our future!!!

"Rucks:

jackstar is back again

« Reply #27 on: April 16, 2010, 06:30:10 PM »
Gee, I don't know, I just can't do Farmer and Edwards in the backline together, two small, love the rest though, about time we tooks some risks and played our future!!!

Dont forget Matty White ::)

Tigermonk

« Reply #28 on: April 16, 2010, 07:28:32 PM »
why did we keep Polak on the list if he cant break into a weak team  :banghead
Richmond is the only club that feels sorry for players & keeps Duds or broken players who give nothing back

Offline WA Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #29 on: April 16, 2010, 07:33:59 PM »
why did we keep Polak on the list if he cant break into a weak team  :banghead
Richmond is the only club that feels sorry for players & keeps Duds or broken players who give nothing back

Dead right, said it ages ago, why the hell did we promote him if we wern't going to play him from round one, should have waited or promoted Gourdis IMO.

"Rucks: