Author Topic: WHAT'S THE GAME PLAN?  (Read 3962 times)

Ramps

Re: WHAT'S THE GAME PLAN?
« Reply #15 on: April 18, 2010, 05:27:00 PM »

Thought Tuck was okay in the 2nd half when on the ball.

Disagree Jack.  I thought Tuck today showed with crystal clear clarity why he has been on the outer - the number of times he got the ball and just banged it or handballed it forward without looking or thinking (especially in the 2nd half when he went on the ball) was frustrating to say the least.  Our side today was screaming out for the few older guys to stand up and they failed us again.  Simmonds and Tuck - absolutely no benefit from keeping them in the seniors now - not as protection to the kids, not as experience in the clinches, not as mentors, not as anything.  Thanks and bye.

I agree with this. I didnt want to name Tuck to be cut this week, but Id be retiring Simmonds and cutting Tuck and McMahon. Club needs to make a statement about the standards needed to be a Richmond player.

Ramps

« Reply #16 on: April 18, 2010, 05:30:55 PM »
Griffiths kicked 3 goals today for Coburg reserves
Will be interesting to see how much game time he played too as I doubt it would have been more than perhaps 3/4s

Can tell you the club have earmarked his debut in 4 weeks time ;)

There you go Jacko if this season we get Astbury Griffiths Taylor and Martin then it wont have been a wasted year.

It will, why ?
As we aint competitive.
What  you do with the likes of Tambling, Riewoldt, Post, Collins, White, Rance, Edwards , Hislop ::)

Tambling of to an interstate club at years end according to some
Riewoldt is overated by our supporters and Id trade him as well
Post is going nowhere except the Coburg seniors
Collins is also overated by our supporters, gets caught to often, cant see what others see in him anyway
White should be gone at seasons end
Rance is not the player we were hoping for nevertheless he will probably survive the cuts at years end
Edwards should be sent to an adelaide club in a trade
Hislop should never have been traded for
Thomson see Hislop
McMahon should be gone from Richmond asap
Tuck see McMcMahon
Simmonds should retire this week

I even put a few extras in for you Jacko. ;D

jackstar is back again

« Reply #17 on: April 18, 2010, 05:42:40 PM »
Just watching the Saints Freo game on foxtel and talking about GAME PLAN.
Each time when  both teams go inside F50, they have at least 3 players who are isolated inside F 50.
we have no body, Riewoldt getting kicks high up on the wing :banghead

Offline taztiger4

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Shovelheads - Keeping hipsters off Harley's
« Reply #18 on: April 18, 2010, 05:46:09 PM »
Each time when  both teams go inside F50, they have at least 3 players who are isolated inside F 50.

8 shots on goal !!

jackstar is back again

« Reply #19 on: April 18, 2010, 05:52:17 PM »

8 shots on goal !!

If he played inside F50 and stayed there, he would have 12 shots at goal a game ::)

Ramps

« Reply #20 on: April 18, 2010, 05:52:55 PM »

8 shots on goal !!

If he played inside F50 and stayed there, he would have 12 shots at goal a game ::)

and hed kick 4 goals 8 and wed still be stuffed!

Offline taztiger4

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Shovelheads - Keeping hipsters off Harley's
« Reply #21 on: April 18, 2010, 06:02:50 PM »

8 shots on goal !!

and if he didnt present up the ground like all good forwards do, you would be calling him a lazy bastard

Offline Penelope

• Internet nuffer and sooky jellyfish
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #22 on: April 18, 2010, 06:03:14 PM »
“For My thoughts are not your thoughts,
Nor are your ways my ways,” says the Lord.

“For as the heavens are higher than the earth,
So are my ways higher than your ways,
And my thoughts than your thoughts."

Yahweh? or the great Clawski?

yaw rehto eht dellorcs ti fi daer ot reisae eb dluow tI

Online wayne

• Fame of Hall
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • In Absentia
« Reply #23 on: April 18, 2010, 06:48:44 PM »

Lyon has been there 3 years, Harvey 3 years, Dean Bailey has been there 3 years.

Hardwick has had 4 games.
And you may not think I care for you
When you know down inside that I really do

jackstar is back again

« Reply #24 on: April 18, 2010, 06:50:26 PM »
Very easy to have 3 players play inside F 50 when we have the ball, its aint ''Rocket science "" :banghead :banghead
Auskick stuff

Offline bojangles17

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Platinum member 33 years
« Reply #25 on: April 18, 2010, 07:23:01 PM »
ANYBODY ??

get the stuffen thing and kick it to a player in the same colours :o
RFC 1885, Often Imitated, Never Equalled

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #26 on: May 16, 2010, 10:45:01 PM »
I think Hardwick's game plan is starting to become less opaque. As I said before IMO Hardwick being the new vogue young coach he is is working on line by line. First up is defence which will be the main focus this year. Just from a tackling perspective there is a clear difference to Wallace's tenure. As far as offence it's fairly basic but it's far more direct. We still overused the handball at times which got us into trouble but 54 inside 50s today is significantly better than the 30 or so we were only reaching last year. I thought our short distance footpassing today over 15-20m hitting-up players was better also (longer passing still an issue).
All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd

Hellenic Tiger

« Reply #27 on: May 16, 2010, 10:53:05 PM »
Our pressure on the opposition has really stepped up in the last two weeks. Fiercer tackling and alot more of it rather than this coralling we saw under Wallace. What was the tackle count today? That tackle on Brown after the Riewoldt incident was just great. Need more of it and will result into referred pressure. One percenters are also high as well.

I am also seeing alot of shepherding too which was virtually non existent under Wallace.

I am seeing parts of a game plan which will lead to winning seasons in the future. Hardwick has us on the right track.

Offline Smokey

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #28 on: May 16, 2010, 11:02:22 PM »

I am seeing parts of a game plan which will lead to winning seasons in the future. Hardwick has us on the right track.

You obviously haven't been paying attention for the past 4 or 5 weeks Tucker.  I'm surprised Hardwick still has the job - he hasn't won a game, he has no gameplan, he is teaching them the wrong things.  Get a grip man, dump some chicken poo, join in the chorus..........................................Sack Hardwick, Sack Hardwick, Sack Hardwick, Sack Hardwick, Sack Hardwick, Sack Hardwick, Sack Hardwick, Sack Hardwick, Sack Hardwick, Sack Hardwick, Sack Hardwick.

Proudly brought to you by the poster formally known as Jackstar, Jackstar Is Back, Passionfruit, Jackstar Is Back Again, Guest.

Ox

« Reply #29 on: May 16, 2010, 11:55:44 PM »
Our pressure on the opposition has really stepped up in the last two weeks. Fiercer tackling and alot more of it rather than this coralling we saw under Wallace.
It's because we played
 crap like Adelaide and Hawthorn.
They steppd up the opposition is nearly as poor as us.

I went today and have to say the game standard was like two blue bus loads fighting for a chocolate bar