Author Topic: Richmond looking at playing games in Hobart [merged]  (Read 15175 times)

Ramps

Re: Richmond looking at playing games in Hobart [merged]
« Reply #45 on: June 18, 2010, 08:37:53 PM »
What is North Melbourne still doing in the national competition? That club is a complete joke! A gypsy organisation going from one town to the next looking for games and cash. What a brothel of a club!

Agreed. They refuse the Gold Coast option and know that means they won't get the big payday for games up there, claim to want to stay in Melbourne but now want another interstate handout cause they made a mistake in judgement.

Only clubs with poor membership and finances need apply - and just how does Hawthorn fit that criteria.

I heard rumours these clowns wanted to play games in Ballarat ffs!

Ox

« Reply #46 on: June 18, 2010, 08:59:54 PM »
At the risk of sounding like the morons who say,"i suggested this months ago",
......i suggested this months ago.

RFC would take over Tasmania.

Ox

« Reply #47 on: June 18, 2010, 09:01:26 PM »
The state has a population of 500,000

Offline Infamy

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #48 on: June 18, 2010, 09:15:03 PM »
What is North Melbourne still doing in the national competition? That club is a complete joke! A gypsy organisation going from one town to the next looking for games and cash. What a brothel of a club!

Agreed. They refuse the Gold Coast option and know that means they won't get the big payday for games up there, claim to want to stay in Melbourne but now want another interstate handout cause they made a mistake in judgement.

Only clubs with poor membership and finances need apply - and just how does Hawthorn fit that criteria.

I heard rumours these clowns wanted to play games in Ballarat ffs!
Not a rumour

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
Four games in Hobart for $3m? (Age)
« Reply #49 on: June 21, 2010, 03:29:34 AM »
4 games for $3m offered to three AFL clubs. Would Richmond be one of the three?

Four games for $3m?
MICHAEL GLEESON
June 21, 2010

NORTH Melbourne yesterday drew the year's smallest crowd for a Melbourne game with just 15,109 at Etihad Stadium to see the side play Port Adelaide, which on a wet winter Sunday was about as many as to be expected. It was precisely the type of game the club may end up playing in Hobart.

A multimillion-dollar proposal is being discussed between the AFL and the Hobart City Council to play four games a season at Bellerive Oval and the Roos are one of three clubs that could potentially play one or all of those games.

The deal, believed to be worth about $3 million for four matches, has yet to be put officially to the club, according to North chief executive Eugene Arocca who said the club would look at any proposal that did not require relocation.

''Like any proposal put to an AFL club if it doesn't involve relocation and it is an opportunity for us to grow our brand and continue to grow our supporter base, whether it is Ballarat, whether it is Wyndham, or whether it is Hobart, we will look at it,'' Arocca said.

''We would always have 11 home games in Melbourne. I think most clubs like the Hawthorn model.

''But we are not entertaining anything because nothing has been put to us yet. We would be derelict in our duties if we didn't look at a proposal that involved additional money and playing the lower drawing games in another market where there was potential for growth.''

http://www.theage.com.au/afl/afl-news/four-games-for-3m-20100620-yp92.html

Ramps

« Reply #50 on: June 21, 2010, 09:26:35 AM »
thats alot of coin. Richmond playing say 2 games would be extremely worthwhile. I was against this before, but the coin on offer is to hard to refuse IMHO.

Online Francois Jackson

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #51 on: June 21, 2010, 09:46:59 AM »
im sorry but enough already with North. im sick of these fools trying to get a hold off every market because they are a useless bunch of fukwits who cant make a dollar anywhere. Andy D should tell them to shove it up their arse.

Like the Gypys's in Europe with the green eyes, who just slut around trying to make a dollar, thats the North Melbourne Football Club.

We need to grab these games over there and try everything in our power to get it

It would be massive especially with the Hobart Tigers having a strong supporter base.

Currently a member of the Roupies, and employed by the great man Roup.

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
Tigers eye Hobart
ADAM SMITH
July 02, 2010

RICHMOND's Brendon Gale will today meet Premier David Bartlett and Cricket officials with AFL matches at Bellerive on the agenda.

All three parties yesterday confirmed the meetings but gave no further details.

The push for AFL action in the south of the state is gathering momentum, with Bartlett and AFL boss Andrew Demetriou meeting a few weeks ago to discuss the prospects of football at Bellerive.

In April, Cricket Tasmania sent stadium figures to Gale outlining the return the Tigers would make from AFL games in Hobart.

Games scheduled at Bellerive would not clash with Hawthorn's deal in Launceston, with the Hawks and the State Government soon to start re-negotiating the deal that sees the Hawks play four matches at Aurora Stadium. The deal expires at the end of next year.

It is believed the AFL would look favourably on more games in Tasmania as it would help the state's push for the eventual inclusion of its own teamby increasing the number of games played.

Gale confirmed to the Mercury yesterday he would be meeting Bartlett but would not go into details.

"Yes I am [meeting the Premier]," Gale said yesterday.

"That is about a range of matters, football related matters, but I wouldn't want to comment further than that."

The AFL has become involved in negotiations to get more clubs playing home games in Tasmania, more than likely at Bellerive, with Richmond, North Melbourne and Melbourne in the mix.

While Gale will meet with the Premier and Cricket Tasmania today, it is believed North Melbourne is the favourite to play home games in Hobart, possibly as soon as 2012.

The AFL is believed to favour the Kangaroos the club Bartlett supports because of its ongoing struggle to attract decent crowds at home games in Melbourne.

Despite its on-field battles, Richmond can still attract much bigger crowds as it retains a huge supporter base.

The Tigers would be reluctant to commit to four home games in Hobart, while four North Melbourne games in Hobart is a distinct possibility.

Harrison said his meeting with Gale was a follow-up to the figures sent two months ago.

"I might be having lunch with him, I'm always happy to talk to Brendon," Harrison said. "I guess it is indicative of the interest [of playing AFL at Bellerive].

"The approaches are coming to us, we haven't approached anyone.

"We have just said Bellerive is open for business."

A spokesperson for Bartlett confirmed Gale had requested a meeting with the Premier, but would not comment on the items for discussion.

However, Bartlett told parliament on June 15 that although re-negotiating the Hawthorn deal was the priority, it was not the only option for AFL football in Tasmania.

"We will go in with leverage and a fallback plan and I want to make that very clear, because that is important in getting value for money for Tasmanian taxpayers."

http://www.themercury.com.au/article/2010/07/02/156091_sport-news.html

Offline the_boy_jake

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #53 on: July 02, 2010, 12:33:06 PM »
I don't mind this idea for us, but can we just move the Kangaroos to Tasmania. 6 games in Launceston. 6 games in Hobart. Basket case club gets a new life.

Offline cub

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • "Tigertime!"
    • bantigertrade
Tigers eye Hobart
ADAM SMITH
July 02, 2010

The Tigers would be reluctant to commit to four home games in Hobart, while four North Melbourne games in Hobart is a distinct possibility.

http://www.themercury.com.au/article/2010/07/02/156091_sport-news.html

We would only need 1 game and we would outdraw Norf  :rollin

Offline Smokey

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #55 on: July 02, 2010, 12:54:22 PM »
I don't mind this idea for us, but can we just move the Kangaroos to Tasmania. 6 games in Launceston. 6 games in Hobart. Basket case club gets a new life.

They don't deserve another chance.  They had their crack at the title with the Gold Coast and they arrogantly told the AFL to shove it.  Stuff 'em I say.

Offline the_boy_jake

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #56 on: July 02, 2010, 12:58:51 PM »

They don't deserve another chance.  They had their crack at the title with the Gold Coast and they arrogantly told the AFL to shove it.  Stuff 'em I say.

I'm of the same opinion, but I think Tassie deserves a team and North should be told that is their last chance. Poor old Tassie - since its not a battleground region they've got really got SFA in the way of attention. Realistically for North there is nowhere else to go.

Offline Penelope

• Internet nuffer and sooky jellyfish
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #57 on: July 02, 2010, 02:40:44 PM »
Enzed?
“For My thoughts are not your thoughts,
Nor are your ways my ways,” says the Lord.

“For as the heavens are higher than the earth,
So are my ways higher than your ways,
And my thoughts than your thoughts."

Yahweh? or the great Clawski?

yaw rehto eht dellorcs ti fi daer ot reisae eb dluow tI

FooffooValve

« Reply #58 on: July 02, 2010, 03:08:13 PM »
The Tigers have an enormous amount of support and goodwill in Tassie — we'd be crazy not to make the most of that by playing games there. And we might weaken the Hawks while we do it!  :cheers

Offline tiger101

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #59 on: July 02, 2010, 03:19:43 PM »
tassie better not get kangaroo's no one wants them. no doubt moving to tasmania will help richmond membership.