Author Topic: Changes next week for the Geelong game?  (Read 3361 times)

Offline Carvels Ring

• Premiership Captain
Re: Changes next week for the Geelong game?
« Reply #30 on: April 28, 2010, 12:38:25 PM »
Thanks WAT.  I just dont understand why he does it.  It tells us far more about him than it does about the players, or the club or the game of footy.

Offline tiger till i die

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #31 on: April 28, 2010, 03:36:21 PM »
Out:Jack Reiwoldt
In: Morton

Offline RollsRoyce

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #32 on: April 28, 2010, 06:28:05 PM »

Look, I realize that Jack is probably skating on pretty thin ice after his petulant display last week. But I can't see the value in depriving our already undersized forward line of more marking power just to make a point. It's not like we're drowning in possible replacements of his size at the minute. Yes, Morton in for the injured Tambling, but let's not go in with a midget forward line again like we did in round one.
Incidentally, how far off do people think Griffiths is from a senior game? I'm dying to see this kid in the yellow and black.

Offline tiger till i die

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #33 on: April 28, 2010, 06:44:11 PM »

Look, I realize that Jack is probably skating on pretty thin ice after his petulant display last week. But I can't see the value in depriving our already undersized forward line of more marking power just to make a point. It's not like we're drowning in possible replacements of his size at the minute. Yes, Morton in for the injured Tambling, but let's not go in with a midget forward line again like we did in round one.
Incidentally, how far off do people think Griffiths is from a senior game? I'm dying to see this kid in the yellow and black.

Couple of weeks.. defiantly not against the cats maby against port or Bomers .. but did you see the clips of when the coaches were taking to the groups .. he could give a rats arse what was being said Thats why i say put him down a week to make him realize if he dose not listen and preform he cant be apart of teh gorwing side ... we don't want dead weight

Offline RollsRoyce

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #34 on: April 28, 2010, 08:18:24 PM »
Yes I did see the clip. To be honest, I thought BT blew it out of proportion just to serve his Richmond-bashing agenda. I thought Jack's worst crimes were actually out on the ground,where some of his efforts at the ball seemed half-hearted. I don't know what set him off, but he just seemed to have the sulks for most of the night.
I hope that Dimma gave him a blast after the game, and maybe warned him that any repeats would see him running around for the Burgers. But I think he  earned himself a reprieve with his efforts the week before, where I thought he ran his arse off all day against the Dees, particularly in that 3rd term, when everybody else had stopped to a walk.   

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #35 on: April 28, 2010, 08:25:41 PM »

Seeing he basically had no pre-season and is currently getting his fitness base up playing COburg resevers I would think a few weeks. I reckon the plan would be a couple of full games at Coburg seniors first before being considered for AFL selection.

Personally I am not expecting to see Griffiths in an AFL Tiger jumper until the 2nd half of the season and that's been my view all the way along
"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Offline RollsRoyce

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #36 on: April 28, 2010, 08:32:19 PM »

Seeing he basically had no pre-season and is currently getting his fitness base up playing COburg resevers I would think a few weeks. I reckon the plan would be a couple of full games at Coburg seniors first before being considered for AFL selection.

Personally I am not expecting to see Griffiths in an AFL Tiger jumper until the 2nd half of the season and that's been my view all the way along

Hey WP. Reading some of your reports, you were at Craigieburn on Saturday. What in hell happened to Coburg seconds to lose by 100 points, after winning by 130 the week before???
Did Griffiths and Westhoff even play? If so, was it a case of the midfield just couldn't get the ball to them?

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #37 on: April 28, 2010, 08:35:44 PM »
Hey WP. Reading some of your reports, you were at Craigieburn on Saturday. What in hell happened to Coburg seconds to lose by 100 points, after winning by 130 the week before???
Did Griffiths and Westhoff even play? If so, was it a case of the midfield just couldn't get the ball to them?

RR, I only saw the senior's game. Ressies started at 9.30am and I couldn't get out there until around 12.00pm so sorry I can't help you  ;D

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #38 on: April 28, 2010, 10:20:39 PM »
I don't really see us doing anything surprising this week with two enforced outs. I've got a feeling Hardwick will persist with the young guys for a while yet irrespective of a bad game or two. This year is a write-off and all about the future and getting games into the cubs. If we get pumped we get pumped.

Out: Tambling, Taylor

In: Morton, Polo
All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
Tigers wields axe again for Cats match (Australian)
« Reply #39 on: April 29, 2010, 01:51:53 AM »
Tigers wields axe again for Cats match

* Greg Denham
    * April 29, 2010

RICHMOND coach Damien Hardwick has not been shy in ringing in the changes at Punt Road in his first season, and another turnover of personnel is expected against Geelong on Sunday at Skilled Stadium.

In the knowledge that he is starting his senior coaching career from rock bottom with an ordinary list, Hardwick has had a close look within his ranks, having already used 33 players in five rounds.

To emphasise just how high the use of 33 players is before the season has reached its quarter-way mark, St Kilda played a total of 30 players in 25 matches throughout the whole of 2009.

Injuries to Richard Tambling (hamstring) and Troy Taylor (knee), as well as meeting a class opposition that is a 100-1 on ($1.01) chance, will force Hardwick into at least another two to three selection changes this weekend after making 17 in the past three rounds.

Tambling will miss at least two matches, while Taylor has a slight medial ligament strain and will be sidelined for three weeks.

Possible inclusions from injury include Will Thursfield, who has overcome a hamstring strain that has kept him out for three rounds, and Daniel Jackson, who missed the Tigers' loss to Fremantle with a buttock problem.

Also under consideration for a recall from the VFL are the inconsistent pair Mitch Morton and Dean Polo.

http://www.theaustralian.com.au/news/sport/tigers-wields-axe-again-for-cats-match/story-e6frg7mf-1225859633329

Offline torch

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • 28YrM&8YrMRC 🏆🏆🏆 ‘17, ‘19-‘20; 2 x Attendee 🐯
« Reply #40 on: April 29, 2010, 02:46:37 AM »
(Out) In:

(Tambling - Inj) Polo, (Taylor - Inj) Morton, (Edwards FFS!) Jackson, (Farmer) Thursfield

Moore, Thursfield, Dea
Newman, McGuane, Rance
Collins, Cotchin, Martin
Polo, Astbury, Deledio
Nahas, Riewoldt, Morton
Vickery, Foley, Tuck
Simmonds, Jackson, Nason, Cousins

*time to have Astbury playing at CHF! and Riewoldt at FF!

*time to play Deledio half-forward and in the midfield! Polo as well!

*need to leave Nahas and Morton in the forward fifty!

*Collins, Cotchin, Martin, Foley, Tuck, Jackson, Deledio, Cousins, Nason, Newman - rotating in the midfield!

*time to kick goals and apply scoreboard pressure!

>:(

Offline eliminator

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #41 on: April 29, 2010, 07:08:44 AM »
Agree with Torch but I don't think they will drop Edwards. Play Polo in the centre see what he does.

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #42 on: April 29, 2010, 07:20:16 AM »
Moore, Thursfield, Dea

How anyone can suggest that Dea remains staggers me.

I don't want to destroy the kids confidence completely. As a result I don't believe another week in the AFL is going to do the kid any good at all. He should go back to the VFL and develop and learn his craft rather than playng with the big boys and continue to have to put up potshots from unforgiving and more importantly impatient Tiger fans

And on Edwards - cannot drop him this week, he played close to his best game ever last week

Offline Smokey

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #43 on: April 29, 2010, 07:25:36 AM »
I don't really see us doing anything surprising this week with two enforced outs. I've got a feeling Hardwick will persist with the young guys for a while yet irrespective of a bad game or two. This year is a write-off and all about the future and getting games into the cubs. If we get pumped we get pumped.

Out: Tambling, Taylor

In: Morton, Polo

Agree with these 2 MT but I think he will also drop Dea for either Webberley or White.

Offline Chuck17

• The Shaun Grugg of OER
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #44 on: April 29, 2010, 12:51:35 PM »
Yes I did see the clip. To be honest, I thought BT blew it out of proportion just to serve his Richmond-bashing agenda. I thought Jack's worst crimes were actually out on the ground,where some of his efforts at the ball seemed half-hearted. I don't know what set him off, but he just seemed to have the sulks for most of the night.
I hope that Dimma gave him a blast after the game, and maybe warned him that any repeats would see him running around for the Burgers. But I think he  earned himself a reprieve with his efforts the week before, where I thought he ran his behind off all day against the Dees, particularly in that 3rd term, when everybody else had stopped to a walk.   

Exactly.

You see a 10 second clip of a change room scene that the commentators obviously want to exploit and then they carry on with a very obvious agenda.

Wake up to yourselves and grow your own view apart from adopting a biased BT's BS.