Author Topic: Positives from last night's game?  (Read 2938 times)

Hellenic Tiger

Re: Positives from last night's game?
« Reply #15 on: April 26, 2010, 10:55:02 AM »
Plenty of positives.

Liked our midfield last night.
Dustin is a star.
I thought Deledio was good off half back.
Like Collins game yesterday too.
Rance had more kicks than handballs that to me in itself is a positive.
We strung a good quarter in the first, the tricky part is string more than one good quarter in succession.
Despite the loss the kids are going okay.

Next week is the mental litmus test to see how they are going to face the challenge.
Just hope the kids hang in there and the Cats don't kick 30 goals.

Offline julzqld

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #16 on: April 26, 2010, 11:41:02 AM »
See there I beg to differ.  I saw Martin fumble and cough up two goals.  Think there's a long way to go with him yet.

Offline MADTIGER2010

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #17 on: April 26, 2010, 11:46:57 AM »
See there I beg to differ.  I saw Martin fumble and cough up two goals.  Think there's a long way to go with him yet.

and you refuse to see the 20 good things he did last night and every game and that he is only 18 years old, but yeah he's crap  ;)

Gigantor

« Reply #18 on: April 26, 2010, 11:57:10 AM »
i think we have some very good youngsters in our ranks  now,players like martin,nason,etc....The key now is for them to get the development and support they require to now go from striving to arriving.....
This has been a big failure for many years with us

Offline torch

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • 28YrM&8YrMRC 🏆🏆🏆 ‘17, ‘19-‘20; 2 x Attendee 🐯
« Reply #19 on: April 26, 2010, 02:29:11 PM »
Andrew Collins - Wing/Midfield, Good, needs to kick longer and hit more targets, so Hardwick, LEAVE HIM THERE!

Robin Nahas - played well, but is a small forward, not a half forward flank! his tackeling was very good in the first quarter! LEAVE HIM IN THE FORWARD
                    POCKET DAMIEN!

Nathan Foley - our midfield looked better, and our centre clearences were more with him in there! just one thing, Foley should be instructed to break
                     the lines and run as fair as he can!

Tyrone Vickery - did a lot of one-percenters and battled well! Vickery is trying and I think is going "OK". Vickery just needs to start tacking marks
                       around the ground!

Trent Cotchin - ran hard, and had moments of class, keep playing him in the midfield which Hardwick did ( :clapping). However, Cotchin tends to kick
                      ten metre passes at players feet which is a worry! kick longer Trent!

Dustin Martin - who i thought did not have a good match, showed that he can kick with his opposite foot, with that BEAUTIFUL left foot "LONG" pass
                     to Riewoldt (who then kicked it out on the full). that tackel on big Aaron Sandilands was fantastic because Aaron thought "i will knock
                     over this kid" and Martin took him on.

:)

Offline 2JD

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #20 on: April 26, 2010, 04:39:42 PM »
last week and this week, i saw positives, lots of them, which is much more than i thought at the start of the year! Lets Go Tiges! :gotigers

Offline wayne

• Fame of Hall
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • In Absentia
« Reply #21 on: April 26, 2010, 07:32:14 PM »
All the teams that have beaten us are in the top 9 so far. We haven't played any 'bottom' sides yet  ;D
And you may not think I care for you
When you know down inside that I really do

Offline bojangles17

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Platinum member 33 years
« Reply #22 on: April 26, 2010, 08:02:55 PM »

what were you expecting after his first 4 games ::), just quietly if the Rising star was called now, he'd poo it in..his clearances and contested ball is Top 10 in league, a mile ahead of Nicnat 2 yrs into his career now
RFC 1885, Often Imitated, Never Equalled

Offline Infamy

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #23 on: April 27, 2010, 12:00:01 AM »
+s

1st quarter - great intensity
Edwards - one of, if not his best game
Rance - not sure he'll play as a forward his whole career, but as long as he's getting AFL experience and confidence then thats a big +
Foley - Unbelievable game for someone with so little match fitness, we missed him so much and dominated the clearances with him early
Collins - Getting back to form, I love his composure in traffic and creative disposal, he mustn't be injured like rumoured
Nahas - Great game, been crap so far this year but was a million % better against Freo, dropped off a bit though as the game went on
Nason - I still love his workrate

-s
Riewoldt - Absolute shocker, deserves to be dropped for that disgraceful effort, shame as he was improving week on week then did that
Injuries - At least Taylor isn't a reco will be interesting to see if he's put on the LTIL and we elevate Gourdis
Simmonds - Actually did a couple of ok things and looked a little more mobile (more mobile than a rock anyway), but my god, his mistakes are embarrasing

Ox

« Reply #24 on: April 27, 2010, 12:07:02 AM »
Dustin Martin - who i thought did not have a good match, showed that he can kick with his opposite foot, with that BEAUTIFUL left foot "LONG" pass
                     to Riewoldt (who then kicked it out on the full). that tackel on big Aaron Sandilands was fantastic because Aaron thought "i will knock
                     over this kid" and Martin took him on.

:)

true that

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #25 on: April 27, 2010, 09:33:28 PM »
Without doubt the first quarter and the way they executed the game play

Martin taking on Sandilands  ;D

Nahas' efforts - sticking to what he does best

Rance - probably close to the best game I've seen him play

Cousins - leadership around the stoppages (probably didn't come through on the TV)

Edwards - best game in a very vey long time

Lids - like his efforts of the HBF although he did butcher some kick ins

Martin - a star is born  :thumbsup

And the funniest thing of the night was poor old Simmo in the last quarter - could it have been any worse  ;D

"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Offline yellowandback

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #26 on: April 28, 2010, 06:39:36 AM »
McPhee on the radio described our 1st qtr pressure as good as any sides they had faced thus season. Now that's a positive!
It's that simple Spud
"I discussed (it) with my three daughters, my wife and my 82-year-old mum, because it has really affected me … If those comments … were made about one of my daughters, it would make the hairs on the back of my neck stand up. I would not have liked it at all.”

richmondrules

« Reply #27 on: April 28, 2010, 07:20:48 AM »
And the funniest thing of the night was poor old Simmo in the last quarter - could it have been any worse  ;D

You've got a strange sense of humour WP. I wasn't laughing at the time I can tell you. :-\

Offline julzqld

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #28 on: April 28, 2010, 11:37:22 AM »
Before you guys jump all over me, read again what I said.  I was replying to Tuckerbag in saying that I didn't think Martin was a star and that he has a long way to go.  You're not going to be a star after only 4 games.  Like Torch said, he didn't have a good game.  I didn't say he was crap. Bit ridiculous to be talking about giving him the Rising Star when he hasn't even been nominated yet

Offline Carvels Ring

• Premiership Captain
« Reply #29 on: April 28, 2010, 11:49:35 AM »
I thought he couldnt win it cos he was found guilty of someting?