Author Topic: Pre-Season Draft  (Read 6235 times)

Offline Coach

• Hardly A Prude
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Depend on Schulzy
Re: John Anthony quits Collingwood and will enter the PSD (Herald-Sun)
« Reply #15 on: November 06, 2010, 03:58:55 PM »
JOHN Anthony has quit Collingwood. The 22-year-old will nominate for next month's pre-season draft in search of greater opportunity at AFL level after a frustrating year with the premier.

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/afl/john-anthony-quits-magpies/story-e6frf9jf-1225948571578

No from me...

Sorry Cleve, I mean John  :shh ;D

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
Cameron Bruce quits Melbourne (Herald-Sun)
« Reply #16 on: November 06, 2010, 09:30:27 PM »
Cameron Bruce has also quit. He's walked out on Melbourne after knocking back a one-year deal.

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/afl/cameron-bruce-quits-demons/story-e6frf9jf-1225948802994

Offline yellowandback

• RFC Hall of Fame
Re: Pre-Season Draft
« Reply #17 on: November 07, 2010, 08:00:41 AM »
Cameron Bruce has also quit. He's walked out on Melbourne after knocking back a one-year deal.

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/afl/cameron-bruce-quits-demons/story-e6frf9jf-1225948802994

cams been a real pioneer of the game as the 1st girl to play at the highest level. Who will mentor Jack Watts now?
It's that simple Spud
"I discussed (it) with my three daughters, my wife and my 82-year-old mum, because it has really affected me … If those comments … were made about one of my daughters, it would make the hairs on the back of my neck stand up. I would not have liked it at all.”

Offline Smokey

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #18 on: November 07, 2010, 08:26:46 AM »

cams been a real pioneer of the game as the 1st girl to play at the highest level. Who will mentor Jack Watts now?

Maybe, but he was very very important to Melbourne last season.  Be interesting to see how their much vaunted "better than ours" midfield handles the loss of both Bruce and McDonald.

Online wayne

• Fame of Hall
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • In Absentia
« Reply #19 on: November 07, 2010, 10:50:52 PM »

:lol
And you may not think I care for you
When you know down inside that I really do

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #20 on: November 08, 2010, 12:24:18 PM »

Online wayne

• Fame of Hall
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • In Absentia
« Reply #21 on: November 08, 2010, 01:19:16 PM »
And you may not think I care for you
When you know down inside that I really do

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #22 on: November 15, 2010, 04:30:57 AM »
FORMER Essendon midfielder Bachar Houli is training at Richmond and the Tigers are certain to select him in the pre-season draft.

He was de-listed by Essendon last Wednesday and is one of six delisted AFL players who have nominated for the pre-season draft, and not Thursday's national draft.

Hawthorn is expected to select former Demon Cameron Bruce while former teammate Brad Miller will go to Richmond as a rookie.

One-time Collingwood utility John Anthony hopes to go to Fremantle, but another club could swoop earlier.

Delisted Western Bulldogs forward Mitch Hahn and Hawthorn ruckman Simon Taylor have skipped the national draft, indicating they have significant interest from at least one club.

Such players usually nominate for the national draft, hoping to be taken with a late selection.

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/afl/high-flying-magpies-can-be-even-better/story-e6frf9jf-1225953513511

gerkin greg

« Reply #23 on: November 15, 2010, 10:43:16 PM »
4. Essendon - Travis Johnstone ??  :lol
Would fix their midfield woes!

LMFAO
their premiership window is clearly open, time to top up  :lol

Offline tiga

• Exhaling Carbon in the
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Yes Hampson has taken a mark!
« Reply #24 on: November 16, 2010, 01:37:28 PM »
Travis Johnstone to the Bombers??? ROFLMAOO  :rollin They are truly deluded. He would fix their midfield woes......for about 10 minutes a fortnight. This guy goes missing more often than Tony Bullimore!

Hellenic Tiger

« Reply #25 on: November 16, 2010, 01:44:17 PM »

I thought Craig Bradley and Adrian Gleeson were the first two girls to play at the highest level. :rollin

Hellenic Tiger

« Reply #26 on: November 16, 2010, 01:46:08 PM »
Travis Johnstone to the Bombers??? ROFLMAOO  :rollin They are truly deluded. He would fix their midfield woes......for about 10 minutes a fortnight. This guy goes missing more often than Tony Bullimore!

Tony Bullimore was found eventually.

I would think Travis Johnstone is more of a Harold Holt. You can speculate all you like but the fact is he is missing.

By the way I think John Anthony would struggle at our club.

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #27 on: November 19, 2010, 10:42:36 PM »
Preseason Draft order

1. Gold Coast
2. West Coast
3. Richmond - Bachar Houli
4. Essendon
5. Hawthorn - Cameron Bruce?
6. Fremantle - John Anthony?

Offline yellowandback

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #28 on: November 20, 2010, 06:50:33 AM »

[/quot

I thought Craig Bradley and Adrian Gleeson were the first two girls to play at the highest level. :rollin

I think you'll find that Bradley and Gleeson were trannys, Bruce was the 1st to actually have female genetalia.
It's that simple Spud
"I discussed (it) with my three daughters, my wife and my 82-year-old mum, because it has really affected me … If those comments … were made about one of my daughters, it would make the hairs on the back of my neck stand up. I would not have liked it at all.”

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #29 on: November 29, 2010, 02:14:28 PM »
Deadline looms for Bruce, Anthony and Houli
By Jennifer Witham
Mon 29 Nov, 2010

CAMERON Bruce, John Anthony and Bachar Houli have until 2pm on Tuesday to officially nominate for next week's NAB AFL Pre-season Draft.

All three are thought to have secured new homes with Hawthorn, Fremantle and Richmond respectively, but are yet to lodge paperwork with the AFL indicating their desire to enter the draft.

The trio walked out on their clubs last month.

Bruce left Melbourne after failing to secure a two-year deal, Anthony left Collingwood owing to a lack of opportunities and Houli left Essendon after a frustrating season spent largely in the VFL.

They have all commenced pre-season training with the clubs they are believed to be heading to.

Delisted Bulldog Mitch Hahn, who has been offered the chance to continue his career as a mature-aged rookie at Whitten Oval, is also yet to nominate.

Hahn was last week weighing up whether to accept the Dogs' offer or pursue a full-time coaching role.

Meanwhile, discarded Hawthorn ruckman Simon Taylor hopes to be thrown an AFL lifeline after nominating for the pre-season and NAB AFL Rookie Drafts.

The 28-yeear-old, who chose not to nominate for the recent NAB AFL Draft where just three former AFL-listed players - Ryan Gamble, Matt Spangher and Dean Polo - found new homes, is one of seven players to put their hand up for next week's intake.

Scott Harding, Nathan O'Keefe, Albert Proud, Tony Notte, Bart McCulloch and Tom Hislop are other delisted players who have also nominated.

Proud is training with the Brisbane Lions and Hislop is at Richmond.

If a player has nominated for the national draft, they remain eligible for selection in either of the December drafts.

This means players such as Travis Johnstone, Jay Neagle, Ed Barlow, Travis Tuck and Paul Johnson could still find new homes either as mature-aged rookies or on the primary list for the clubs with pre-season selections.

Neagle has continued training with Essendon but has strict fitness conditions he must meet to be rookied while Barlow is at the Bulldogs, Tuck is at Hawthorn and Johnson at Melbourne.

http://www.afl.com.au/news/newsarticle/tabid/208/newsid/105749/default.aspx