Author Topic: List Management / Au revoir, Ciao, Goodbye. [merged]  (Read 9071 times)

Ramps

Re: List Management / Au revoir, Ciao, Goodbye. [merged]
« Reply #75 on: May 25, 2010, 05:17:30 PM »
Daniel Jackson is a very average player (who tries exceptionally hard) but who we should trade off- we are going nowhere as a club if we cant improve our list. Jacksons kicking is VAFA standard!

Gigantor

« Reply #76 on: May 25, 2010, 06:06:21 PM »
LOL ramps.....Have you been down to the amateurs of late...i spent much of my life in the ranks there and i can say that I    have seen people get senior games who can barely kick a ball,who mark using their face as  a backstop,and who run out on the field looking like haystack Calhoun

Offline Judge Roughneck

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Sir
« Reply #77 on: May 30, 2010, 02:44:00 PM »
Daniel Jackson is a very average player (who tries exceptionally hard) but who we should trade off- we are going nowhere as a club if we cant improve our list. Jacksons kicking is VAFA standard!

Jacko is a bad kick but he is a warrior.

big body. would have done well vs Port yesterday. As would have Foley

Offline Judge Roughneck

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Sir
Re: List Management
« Reply #78 on: May 30, 2010, 02:48:22 PM »
Feels like yesterday I was managing our list for delistings with Hughes, Cogs, Brown etc.

What we know so far.

Simmonds cant stay next year. Graham does a good of a job as Simmonds can do.
McMahon. Ill be kind and just leave it at that. 10000-1 to be given another contract.
Cousins. Unless he storms home I can't see any scenario Cousins staying. Maybe his mentor role will save him. Maybe other delistings will help also.
Polak I can't see be given a spot on the list, I don't know the rule for re-rookie a mature age?

Thats 4.

Are these guys AFL Standard and deserve a spot.
Jake King isn't AFL standard. Wont be back next year.
Adam Thompson. Is 23 and cant has played maybe 20 AFL games? Jury may be out.
Tom Hislop. Will probably be safe due to the fact there are lots to go before him. But still think he needs to play the 2nd half of the year in the side to warrant a spot next year. I don't think he's of standard.

Trades.
Matty White?
Chris Newman?
Luke McGuane?
Alex Rance?
Dean Polo?
Mitch Morton? (Can't believe the decline of Mitch I really hope he turns it around)

Fire Away..

keep cousins as player  mid coach next season

Polak looked ok as a 2nd ruckman when he only plays 40% of game time. dont like him in back or forward line after head injury

King is not very good but dimma might like his toughness

Newman and McGaune have shown guts.

Polo and Morton intersting

Offline TigerLand

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • I <3 Mrs Hardwick
« Reply #79 on: May 30, 2010, 03:51:41 PM »
Would hope Cousins is at the club next year in some capacity.

Newman is one of our best players but so were Nathan Lonie and Jonathan Hay for Hawks who picked up Max Bailey and Grant Birchall for there picks.

I reckon someone like a St.kilda woudl part way with there first pick 20ish for Morton.

Go Tigers!

Ramps

« Reply #80 on: May 30, 2010, 04:09:00 PM »
LOL ramps.....Have you been down to the amateurs of late...i spent much of my life in the ranks there and i can say that I    have seen people get senior games who can barely kick a ball,who mark using their face as  a backstop,and who run out on the field looking like haystack Calhoun

To be truthful I havent been to an amateurs game in years pmsl  ;D

Hellenic Tiger

« Reply #81 on: May 30, 2010, 06:14:07 PM »
Jacko is certainly replaceable, but all good clubs have a bloke with Jacko's work ethic and poorish skill doing the crap stuff and getting rubbed out for doing that crap stuff. Players like Jacko become cult figures with some sections of their clubs respective fans.

Online Francois Jackson

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #82 on: May 30, 2010, 08:29:18 PM »

how often do we play in the wet? Foley big loss need him back, Jackson no big loss there.

We won easily without Jacko so how excatly did we need him.

Currently a member of the Roupies, and employed by the great man Roup.

Offline Judge Roughneck

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Sir
« Reply #83 on: June 01, 2010, 03:46:18 PM »

how often do we play in the wet? Foley big loss need him back, Jackson no big loss there.

We won easily without Jacko so how excatly did we need him.

Jackson would have killed it in that rain and mud. He is a big fit unit who is good at hurting people.

Foley is in our best 22 IMO