Author Topic: Tiger baiting (Age)  (Read 9931 times)

Offline Penelope

• Internet nuffer and sooky jellyfish
  • RFC Hall of Fame
Re: Tiger baiting (Age)
« Reply #30 on: May 20, 2010, 03:58:41 PM »
 :lol :lol
“For My thoughts are not your thoughts,
Nor are your ways my ways,” says the Lord.

“For as the heavens are higher than the earth,
So are my ways higher than your ways,
And my thoughts than your thoughts."

Yahweh? or the great Clawski?

yaw rehto eht dellorcs ti fi daer ot reisae eb dluow tI

Offline Owl

• Magnificent Bastard
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Bring me TWO chickens
« Reply #31 on: May 20, 2010, 04:01:45 PM »
Bob Brown is admittedly homosexual, but what that has to do with anything I do not know.  He has proven to have integrity and acted honestly and with dignity throughout his career.  I believe John Howard is  heterosexual, I wonder what effect that had on his decisions... :sleep  Who gives a eff.  As far as making your missus vote for who you want her to Bushranger, how the eff can you do that?  Voting is supposed to be done in a booth by yourself so she should be able to cast her vote without your interference at the end of the day right?  Unless I blinked and I am in Afghanistan and you walk around with your hand on the back of her neck..  The funny thing is there were some good Liberal leaders, honest blokes with integrity who stood up for what their party really meant, but they got screwed over.  Malcom Frasier was one of them.  The Liberal party has become a cynical, right wing mob who openly oppresses working class people.  If you own a business or are involved in big business, they are your friend, if not your a mug to vote for them, simple.  Labor in reality are not much better.  They have betrayed a large chunk of their traditional supporter base and this has gone over to the Greens party.  The liberal party also helped create the downfall of the Democrats.  All the Demo's have gone over to the Greens and swelled there ranks and they did have some seasoned campaigners in there ranks.  The Greens now have effectively doubled in size and power.  They are not to be sniffed at and have picked up union support and funding that traditionally went to Labor.  This has infuriated Labor but Labor kept shafting them on issues and tried to play hardball too many times.

As a small business owner I cant quite agree with the part about the libs being my friend. Both major political parties, but in particular the libs, will always look primarily to the interests of big business, often at the expense of small business. Just look at how many family businesses and farms have disappeared, to be replaced by a small number of large corporations in the last 50 years.

On top of that, what the liberal party will always try to do is screw the working man and woman. When the average Joe has less disposable income, it is the small business who eventually lose out, as this is where their income mainly comes from.

Besides that I agree with your sentiments.

The best policy is;
"Don't vote - it only encourages the bastards"
LOL fair call AL it is true.  I folded mine up when they brought in the GST crap, I couldn't be stuffed collecting their taxes for them and doing their paper work etc.  I had enough work to keep up all hours of the night let alone do all that crap.
Lots of people name their swords......

Offline tiga

• Exhaling Carbon in the
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Yes Hampson has taken a mark!
« Reply #32 on: May 20, 2010, 04:02:58 PM »
Labor has stuffed up the country both state and federally. I love the latest "Super Profits Tax" that only taxes the resources sector, a sector which pretty much kept this country afloat during the GFC and who already pay hefty royalties. Now, investors are running scared and future mining projects are being halted. Good one Wayne Swan (or is that Goose). And don't get me started on Kevin Kyoto-Copenhagen or the Ginger Ninja. Clowns the lot of them.  :banghead
As for a vote for the greens....Might as well flush my ballot form down the toilet...same result. Open your eyes, stop using Chernobyl as an excuse, and start looking at the logic of modern Nuclear Power.

Offline WA Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #33 on: May 20, 2010, 04:14:47 PM »
Labor has stuffed up the country both state and federally. I love the latest "Super Profits Tax" that only taxes the resources sector, a sector which pretty much kept this country afloat during the GFC and who already pay hefty royalties. Now, investors are running scared and future mining projects are being halted. Good one Wayne Swan (or is that Goose). And don't get me started on Kevin Kyoto-Copenhagen or the Ginger Ninja. Clowns the lot of them.  :banghead
As for a vote for the greens....Might as well flush my ballot form down the toilet...same result. Open your eyes, stop using Chernobyl as an excuse, and start looking at the logic of modern Nuclear Power.

Fantastic post tiga, I have just finished, well temporarily after 25 years in mining and mate people do not realise the impact of this 40% tax. It will kill this country and many lives.
DIMMA - You will be held ACCOUNTABLE...

“We are really excited about what we have brought in. We have got great depth of players that can take us where we need to go. We are just putting some cream on the top at the moment,” he said.

"Rucks:
Shaun Hampson is the No.1 man"

Offline Penelope

• Internet nuffer and sooky jellyfish
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #34 on: May 20, 2010, 04:25:18 PM »
The mining giants may baulk and carry on at the moment but at the end of the day they will suck it and absorb it. The extra costs and dangers of running mining operations in many other countries will still make Australia an attractive investment option.

If they do decide to leave our resources in the ground a little longer, then these resources will only become more valuable over time. The worlds resources are finite and as they diminish in volume those left behind become more valuable.

This super tax proposal is only part of a wider range of changes to the tax system, as recommended by the Henry Report, that is meant to reduce the tax burden on the rest of us.
“For My thoughts are not your thoughts,
Nor are your ways my ways,” says the Lord.

“For as the heavens are higher than the earth,
So are my ways higher than your ways,
And my thoughts than your thoughts."

Yahweh? or the great Clawski?

yaw rehto eht dellorcs ti fi daer ot reisae eb dluow tI

Offline tiga

• Exhaling Carbon in the
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #35 on: May 20, 2010, 04:25:32 PM »

Fantastic post tiga, I have just finished, well temporarily after 25 years in mining and mate people do not realise the impact of this 40% tax. It will kill this country and many lives.

Sooo true WAT. Mining is this country's lifeblood and to have companies like Moody's forcasting a downgrading in our credit rating because of this tax alone speaks volumes. Also because of this tax we will immediately lose our competitive advantage on the world resources market for our existing offerings. Countries like Brazil will be laughing all the way to the bank!!

There are now no window seats available on the hand basket to hell!!  :banghead

Offline tigersalive

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #36 on: May 20, 2010, 04:32:55 PM »
The mining giants may baulk and carry on at the moment but at the end of the day they will suck it and absorb it.

At whose cost?  At the cost of a couple of workers that puts more pressure on the workers that leads to shortcuts to get the job done and extra pressure that may lead to accidents?

The extra costs and dangers of running mining operations in many other countries will still make Australia an attractive investment option.
Compared to which contries?  The big wigs care about reputation and efficiency.  Mining operations pretty well do what they want in some countries, particularly Africa and Asia.  Australia would be one of the most costly regions for operations I would think.

If they do decide to leave our resources in the ground a little longer, then these resources will only become more valuable over time. The worlds resources are finite and as they diminish in volume those left behind become more valuable.
It's not bad logic but it's still a kick in the pants for current mining workers who will be wondering about the longevity of their jobs.
This super tax proposal is only part of a wider range of changes to the tax system, as recommended by the Henry Report, that is meant to reduce the tax burden on the rest of us.

But will it equal tax relief for the average Joe, really?

THat all said I don't pretend to be an expert, these are my impressions from someone who has never worked at a mine.
EAT EM ALIVE!

Offline tiga

• Exhaling Carbon in the
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #37 on: May 20, 2010, 04:35:27 PM »
al, don't get me started on the Henry report. Overall a very good report but the super profits tax recommendation was one of the few that I disagreed with. Why did the government choose to ignore the majority of the very worthy recommendations?? Because they are clueless...totally clueless. They saw the SPT as an express lane cash cow to reduce the deficit by 3 years but bugger the side effects!!! From memory they government only went for 3 of the recommendations. Sure made a smart man like Henry look like a complete fool.  

Offline Owl

• Magnificent Bastard
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Bring me TWO chickens
« Reply #38 on: May 20, 2010, 04:45:12 PM »

The genuine argument against this is that a lot of peoples superannuation is sunk into these industries, hitting it with taxes will slow the super down, including mine.  However, there are other issues at stake that are not being talked about.  The fact is that the resources sector needs to be slowed down a tad for a few reasons.  Flogging our national resources to Communist China that is in the middle of a massive military modernisation / expansion program.  There is also the issue of foreign investment.  Basically China is determined to gain controlling interests in mining operations in one company or other.  They failed the first time because of conflict of interests but they will try again via proxies.  Mega taxes will ensure there is no escape from paying for our resources.
Regarding Chernobyl   Population was around 50,000, city uninhabitable for six hundred years.... effects felt across a huge area, pretty good excuse imo.  Despite that, they have a massive problem storing all the crap left over from Nuclear power plants.  They were trying to dump it on Australia for a while but we said no, they have basically got no where to put it and it has a half life of forever and is as toxic as the contents of my kitty litter tray.  Politicians in the country are in bed with Coal so we won't see Nuclear or alternative energy in a big way anyway.  For some reason our elected representatives don't do what we want them to.
Lots of people name their swords......

Offline Tigeritis™©®

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Richmond, Premiers 2017.2019
« Reply #39 on: May 20, 2010, 04:50:09 PM »
TERRY WALLETT = HAWTHORN SUPPORTER = STUFF UP RICHMOND = LABOUR = HE CAN SUCK MY DICK

Therefore Mr Tigra = POOFTER ??  :P  ;)

Just don't tell Aka, he doesn't want to know.  :rollin
TA,
Twas speaking mataphorically.
I aint  no Hawthorn supporter neither :P
The club that keeps giving.

« Reply #40 on: May 20, 2010, 04:55:39 PM »
TERRY WALLETT = HAWTHORN SUPPORTER = STUFF UP RICHMOND = LABOUR = HE CAN SUCK MY DICK

TA,

You can't spell it and you obviously don't know what it means.

'65 (part time grammar NAZI)

Offline Tigeritis™©®

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #41 on: May 20, 2010, 05:11:03 PM »

TA,

metaphor definition meta·phor (met′ə fôr′)

noun

a figure of speech containing an implied comparison, in which a word or phrase ordinarily and primarily used of one thing is applied to another (Ex.: the curtain of night, “all the world's a stage”)
Origin: Fr métaphore < L metaphora < Gr < metapherein, to carry over < meta, over (see meta-) + pherein, to bear
Related Forms:

•metaphoric met′a·phor′ic adjective or metaphorical met′a·phor′i·cal
•metaphorically met′a·phor′i·cally adverbhttp://www.yourdictionary.com/metaphorically
sorry i missed the e
my bad

« Reply #42 on: May 20, 2010, 05:12:38 PM »

TA,

noun

a figure of speech containing an implied comparison, in which a word or phrase ordinarily and primarily used of one thing is applied to another (Ex.: the curtain of night, “all the world's a stage”)
Origin: Fr métaphore < L metaphora < Gr < metapherein, to carry over < meta, over (see meta-) + pherein, to bear
Related Forms:

•metaphorically met′a·phor′i·cally adverbhttp://www.yourdictionary.com/metaphorically

Fair enough, now explain what the metaphor was.

:thumbsup

Offline Tigeritis™©®

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #43 on: May 20, 2010, 05:18:00 PM »

TA,

noun

Related Forms:

he can suck my dick isnt what i meant literally.
just hate the guy.
are you splitting hairs  '65?

« Reply #44 on: May 20, 2010, 05:20:54 PM »

TA,

noun

Related Forms:

he can suck my dick isnt what i meant literally.
just hate the guy.
are you splitting hairs  '65?

At work waiting for a lift home (just getting bored, sorry)

PS You really don't understand what a metaphor is.