Author Topic: WE need a forward  (Read 4610 times)

Offline WA Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
Re: WE need a forward
« Reply #45 on: May 24, 2010, 03:55:15 PM »
We don't even need a tall forward. Must get a midfielder. Think we have enough defensive options too.

I Think we need a ruckman more than another midfielder, maybe a KPP as well and then look for a midfielder late in the draft. I would expect to see Nason come into the centre over the next year or so. I think it was during the Lepitch interview (Saturday I think) that they could not believe the distance Nason had covered during one of the games when they downloaded his GPS. Perhaps with a good pre-season in the gym who knows.
DIMMA - You will be held ACCOUNTABLE...

“We are really excited about what we have brought in. We have got great depth of players that can take us where we need to go. We are just putting some cream on the top at the moment,” he said.

"Rucks:
Shaun Hampson is the No.1 man"

Offline tiger till i die

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #46 on: May 24, 2010, 05:03:09 PM »
what you mean? and i rekon we should not pick up any geelong player for our picks unless its Blake :)
Blake?
Oh God, please no!
Woops i ment Tom Hawkins  soz
Either way... NO!
We already have Riewoldt, plus Griffiths & Astbury in development for the forward line, that's quite a few talls to fit in as it is.
We should get another class tall with Pick 4 this year, hopefully Day but possibly Darling.
So we focussed on the forward line with last year's draft, we need to focus on best available with Pick 4, then defence and midfield with the rest of our picks. No trading our picks away for recycled players! We need to trade away our middle of the road players for more picks!

But what if all the good talls are taken?

Offline Infamy

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #47 on: May 24, 2010, 06:54:11 PM »
what you mean? and i rekon we should not pick up any geelong player for our picks unless its Blake :)
Blake?
Oh God, please no!
Woops i ment Tom Hawkins  soz
Either way... NO!
We already have Riewoldt, plus Griffiths & Astbury in development for the forward line, that's quite a few talls to fit in as it is.
We should get another class tall with Pick 4 this year, hopefully Day but possibly Darling.
So we focussed on the forward line with last year's draft, we need to focus on best available with Pick 4, then defence and midfield with the rest of our picks. No trading our picks away for recycled players! We need to trade away our middle of the road players for more picks!

But what if all the good talls are taken?
It should be best available with Pick 4, with a preference towards talls.
So if at Pick 4 Day and Darling are both gone, then that means GC has taken Swallow, Day & Darling with the first 3 picks
That leaves us the chance to take the best midfielder in the draft (other than Swallow who is a HBF/mid)
I'd suggest that means someone like Gaff, but will know more after the championships

Offline MADTIGER2010

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #48 on: May 24, 2010, 07:26:34 PM »
We don't even need a tall forward. Must get a midfielder. Think we have enough defensive options too.

I Think we need a ruckman more than another midfielder, maybe a KPP as well and then look for a midfielder late in the draft. I would expect to see Nason come into the centre over the next year or so. I think it was during the Lepitch interview (Saturday I think) that they could not believe the distance Nason had covered during one of the games when they downloaded his GPS. Perhaps with a good pre-season in the gym who knows.

We would love another Dustin Martin in the middle  ;D
I think we should be able to get a reasonable ruckman with our 2nd pick. It's not like there will be another Natanui available. Vickery is very young still and a couple of years off being very competitive. I wouldn't mind someone like Hampson on our list. We probably need a ruckman who is at least 22 years old. Wouldn't be that bad an idea to swap a 2nd or 3rd pick in this situation.
« Last Edit: May 24, 2010, 08:38:29 PM by MADTIGER2010 »

Offline Infamy

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #49 on: May 24, 2010, 07:33:26 PM »

I think we should be able to get a reasonable ruckman with our 2nd pick. It's not like there will be another Natanui available. Vickery is very young still and a couple of years of being very competitive. I wouldn't mind someone like Hampson on our list. We probably need a ruckman who is at least 22 years old. Wouldn't be that bad an idea to swap a 2nd or 3rd pick in this situation.
Given we should be getting picks 4, 26 & 28, I'd like one of the 2nd rounders to be used for a ruckman, however it needs to still be a best available situation if there's no talls worth taking with those picks.

Offline WA Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #50 on: May 24, 2010, 08:02:24 PM »

I think we should be able to get a reasonable ruckman with our 2nd pick. It's not like there will be another Natanui available. Vickery is very young still and a couple of years of being very competitive. I wouldn't mind someone like Hampson on our list. We probably need a ruckman who is at least 22 years old. Wouldn't be that bad an idea to swap a 2nd or 3rd pick in this situation.

Another Dustin Martin... :pray :pray :pray
DIMMA - You will be held ACCOUNTABLE...

“We are really excited about what we have brought in. We have got great depth of players that can take us where we need to go. We are just putting some cream on the top at the moment,” he said.

"Rucks:
Shaun Hampson is the No.1 man"

Offline big tone

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #51 on: May 24, 2010, 08:03:06 PM »

Totally agree on Hampson. We should make him an offer he cannot refuse just like Sydney did with Mumford. Target him, pay him overs and resolve our ruck problems once and for all, just get him to the club. He is a good ruckmen, not great but perfect for us- big, strong and has a little of the angries about him.
But i bet we don't because we have NFI....

Hellenic Tiger

« Reply #52 on: May 24, 2010, 08:14:17 PM »

Totally agree on Hampson. We should make him an offer he cannot refuse just like Sydney did with Mumford. Target him, pay him overs and resolve our ruck problems once and for all, just get him to the club. He is a good ruckmen, not great but perfect for us- big, strong and has a little of the angries about him.
But i bet we don't because we have NFI....

I think the Hardwick regime although not proven as yet would rather use the pick on a draft than trade one away for a ruckman whose career is in twilight ie Josh Fraser. Hampson would be great for us but his value will be overinflated by the Cheats. Anyway lets see what is available and take it from there. Plenty of time till October bit yes it is nice to dream.