Author Topic: Craig Cameron on SEN @ 10.10am / We're aiming for Finals in 2012  (Read 2866 times)

Offline Smokey

• RFC Hall of Fame
Re: Craig Cameron on SEN @ 10.10am / We're aiming for Finals in 2012
« Reply #30 on: October 12, 2010, 09:03:22 PM »

mate we've played in 2 finals series since 82! and you're talking about grand finals and a birthrght to play finals?  :lol

After everything we've been through, all the bull.poo false dawns and rubbish propaganda from our club, i dont think its unreasonable to suggest waiting until the 2nd year of a rebuild that will include a turnover of 23-24 players to get a realistic look at where we are at. How many of last years draftees will make it? this years? what if its less than 50% which is quite possible, in that case there'll be no finals in 2012 or 2013 you can bank on that. Watch the ferals go at it then.
finals? - unrealistic much?

I understand the fear of verbalising it TM but we have to get on the front foot.  We have to put all the demons to bed and let the football world know that this club is not scared, is not full of air, is intent on backing itself, and is here to stay.  It's like not wanting to play a club twice in a season because they are a bogey club.  Our attitude should now be to take them on a third and a fourth time if that was possible.  We don't have to gob off but we do have to stand up and face our future head-on - and talking of finals as our goal is a part of that.  As a supporter I'm so sick and tired of our club running scared of everything, trying to be politically and 'sensitivity' correct with every word and action that emanates from it.  I'd rather them fail by being loud and aggressive and overly ambitious than have to suffer any more of the past 30 years of following them.  Tell them all we are going at the finals as soon as we can as hard as we can and stuff the consequences.  Bring it on.   :gotigers

Offline tiger till i die

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #31 on: October 12, 2010, 09:29:23 PM »
haha you guysss :rollin... What makes more sense to

1) We really will play finals in 2012
OR
2) They want membership for the next two years ... People wouldnt want to buy a membership if there team is just going to lose for the next 3 years.

Just liek tehy did two years ago when teh ysaid we would play finals and we had a massive membership in counting tehn we got BELTED by teh Carltanks  :thumbsup

Offline Owl

• Magnificent Bastard
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Bring me TWO chickens
« Reply #32 on: October 13, 2010, 08:10:05 AM »
I could see us playing finals easily in 2012.  I would not be surprised to see us sneak in next year at all when you consider how well so many first year players went this year.  Another preseason some injured seniors back in, the messiahs plan will tighten up...mwahahaha
Lots of people name their swords......

Offline Infamy

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #33 on: October 13, 2010, 08:36:12 AM »
Correct me if Im wrong but Craig Cameron said the club was aiming to make the finals in 2012 NOT guaranteeing finals.

Whats wrong with setting goals and a bit of optimism ?
No club can guarantee finals in any year, just have a look at Hawthorn dropping out of the 8 last year after winning the flag the year before

Offline Owl

• Magnificent Bastard
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Bring me TWO chickens
« Reply #34 on: October 13, 2010, 10:41:11 AM »
for sure Infamy, but a statement of intent is no biggy imo.  I can understand being timid in the past, it went with have a largely timid and inadequate list.  We had a few blokes with the yokes on doing the heavy lifting and the rest were literally being brushed aside imo.  There was very little respect around for us.  I think the attitude towards us has changed, as well as the attitude of the team itself. 
Lots of people name their swords......