Author Topic: Richmond's 50m kick in the guts: Jordie's goal (Herald-Sun)  (Read 7613 times)

Ramps

Re: Richmond's 50m kick in the guts: Jordie's goal (Herald-Sun)
« Reply #75 on: June 12, 2010, 11:12:47 AM »
the end game is to win a Premiership. to win a Premiership you need great players or players that can become great. Even with improved development, which is very important, we dont have enough players who can become great players to take us to our next flag. thats why tanking was and is important, thats why we need to get pick 4 this year and thats why we needed to tank the last 2 years and didnt in the chase for winningless means, so that blokes like Rawlings could feel he had a chance at getting the job. RFC supporters lose sight of the end goal to quickly.

the claw

« Reply #76 on: June 12, 2010, 11:27:59 AM »
Tony, that is exactly what I think.

That's why I refute the unfounded claims that we have not bottomed out enough, (or similar stupidity) and that this is the reason we have been so poor
the only reason people are saying we are yet to bottom out is a the fact we are on the bottom of the ladder. the fact that a realistic assessment of our list indicates we have many below standard players  who are yet to be culled  something that most refuse to acknowledge and
finally the fact if people really listen is the club itself saying we are likely in for more of the same next yr.

the real stupidity is ignoring these things.

one other point the rfc is not in melb position where it has to forfiet games to gain picks we will get a pp on its own merits this yr. next yr is the time where late in the season where we will have to make the unfortunate decin to tpick a genuine losing side more likely 

the claw

« Reply #77 on: June 12, 2010, 11:57:09 AM »
Tm ur spot on.
So let me get this right u guys would rather have finished 09 season on 5 and a half instead of 4 wins. Even at the expense of getting another gun. Give me a break. Funny thing is if it was jack r or lids who kicked the goal do you think it would get the same coverage?? The fact it was mclovin makes it worse.
How many times does it need to be pointed out the McMahon had nothing to do with us getting an extra pick?

we are very clear what Mclovin has done
such a morale boosting culture winning victory has come at the expense of another possible gun in this years draft.

2 inside 6 would've been massive for us this year.

hmm to me the real culprit is not mcmahon but an inept footy dept appointing a caretaker coach under the illusion that if he wins a couple of totally meaningless games he might get the job.
make no mistake it has cost us big time already this failure to  stay below 5 wins.  instead of just griffiths in the second round  we would all be singing about both martin and bastinac in our midfield or tapscott and martin. it has cost and people put their heads up their behinds and pretend otherwise.

hands up all you losers out there if you would prefer a meaningless win against melb and another just as meaningless win against ess or ryan bastinac or luke tapscott  or any number of good picks available at pick 18.

what did winning two very pooty games with an abysmal list actually gain us. the simple answer is absolutely nothing, then ask what has it cost and is likely to continue to cost.
sheesh carlton and ratten anyone remember when he took over they had enough sense and planning to ensure they lost games late in the yr and look what it got them basically judd and kruezer. melb sheesh they found a way to lose enter scully and trengove. they didnt tank all yr just a couple of games late in the season sheesh even against us they the players did not tank.

people forget melbs failure to stay below 5 wins in 07 look at the cost it was enormous but they werent going to make the same mistake again good clubs learn from their mistakes.

Offline Penelope

• Internet nuffer and sooky jellyfish
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #78 on: June 12, 2010, 12:16:44 PM »

That's why I refute the unfounded claims that we have not bottomed out enough, (or similar stupidity) and that this is the reason we have been so poor
the only reason people are saying we are yet to bottom out is a the fact we are on the bottom of the ladder. the fact that a realistic assessment of our list indicates we have many below standard players  who are yet to be culled  something that most refuse to acknowledge and
finally the fact if people really listen is the club itself saying we are likely in for more of the same next yr.

one other point the rfc is not in melb position where it has to forfiet games to gain picks we will get a pp on its own merits this yr. next yr is the time where late in the season where we will have to make the unfortunate decin to tpick a genuine losing side more likely 

Do you actually read what you write before you post?

You are one who constantly says that we need to bottom out. The fact is we have bottomed out for over two decades. There are a number of reasons why we have been crap, but not being crap enough is not one of them.

When you talk about the poor state of our list how about concentrating on recruitment/player development. We have had stacks of early draft picks, so it is not lack of then that is the issue. I'd be pretty confident in saying that no other team has had the plethora of early draft picks we have, yet we still are the worst perfomed team since the introduction of the draft.

No matter how much you flog a dead horse, it will never get up and run.
“For My thoughts are not your thoughts,
Nor are your ways my ways,” says the Lord.

“For as the heavens are higher than the earth,
So are my ways higher than your ways,
And my thoughts than your thoughts."

Yahweh? or the great Clawski?

yaw rehto eht dellorcs ti fi daer ot reisae eb dluow tI

Offline Judge Roughneck

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Sir
« Reply #79 on: June 12, 2010, 03:53:09 PM »
which games did saints, hawks, eagles, and carlton, deliberately lose and how did they do it?

What did wallace do in the game you mention to deliberately lose?
I thought you said we hadn't tanked before while others had?

Do you really believe that Richmond have been crap because we didnt cheat? That even just by being crap through other means we haven't had enough early draft picks?

if we came 16th or 15th with less than 4 and a half wins during the last 5-6-7 years, instead of comming 9th or 12th we would be in a stronger postion.

how can you think otherwise?

Since the introduction of the draft, 24 years ago, Richmond have not finished in the bottom half of the ladder only twice.

Only 7 times in that period we have not finished bottom five, or in other words 17 years out of the last 24 we have finished bottom 5.

From 1986 - 1993 the only time we did not finish bottom four was 1988 when we finished bottom 5. So In a period of 8 consecutive years we continued to finish bottom 5, with 7 of those years being bottom 4.

Again from 2002-2004  we finished bottom 4, clawing our way up bottom 5 in 2005 - thats 3 consecutive years bottom 4 and 4 consecutive years bottom 5

In the last 6 years only twice have we not finished bottom 5 or if you want 4 out of the last six years we have finished bottom 5

So, just how much failure do you need to be successful?

The draft is a lot different these days and in the last few years than 20+ years ago.

Offline Judge Roughneck

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Sir
« Reply #80 on: June 12, 2010, 03:57:38 PM »

You are one who constantly says that we need to bottom out. The fact is we have bottomed out for over two decades. There are a number of reasons why we have been crap, but not being crap enough is not one of them.

When you talk about the poor state of our list how about concentrating on recruitment/player development. We have had stacks of early draft picks, so it is not lack of then that is the issue. I'd be pretty confident in saying that no other team has had the plethora of early draft picks we have, yet we still are the worst perfomed team since the introduction of the draft.

I see no point talking about pre-Frawley era .

in the last 6 years under Wallace we did not bottom out. We drafted old players and attempted to make the finals. which was the wrong path to have takewn. it is hurting us now.

Offline Owl

• Magnificent Bastard
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Bring me TWO chickens
« Reply #81 on: June 13, 2010, 11:26:57 AM »

Exactly
Lots of people name their swords......