Author Topic: No.1 in scores from turnovers inside forward 50  (Read 355 times)

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
No.1 in scores from turnovers inside forward 50
« on: June 25, 2010, 11:36:28 AM »
Dimma in his EOTT article:

Players such as Andy Collins and Matty White have been lively up forward, while Jakey King has placed enormous pressure on the opposition backs.  Not only have we been really happy with our spread of goalkickers, but the defensive work of our forwards has been excellent.  We’re No. 1 in the competition for scores from turnovers inside the forward-50 area over the past four or five weeks, which is a credit to Danny Daly for his work with the forwards to apply that type of pressure.

http://www.richmondfc.com.au/ARCHIVEPAGES/SecureSignonTest/GreenbergsGrabs/tabid/15918/Default.aspx

:thumbsup

Offline yellowandback

• RFC Hall of Fame
Re: No.1 in scores from turnovers inside forward 50
« Reply #1 on: June 25, 2010, 08:00:24 PM »
This is a reasonably significant statistic given how horrific our i50 pressure has been in the past - particularly during the Wallace era. Its a nice, tangible way to validate his ethos around putting more on the opposition ball carrier.
It's that simple Spud
"I discussed (it) with my three daughters, my wife and my 82-year-old mum, because it has really affected me … If those comments … were made about one of my daughters, it would make the hairs on the back of my neck stand up. I would not have liked it at all.”