Author Topic: 2nd tier players stepping up  (Read 2794 times)

Offline blaisee

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
2nd tier players stepping up
« on: June 20, 2010, 09:40:35 AM »
Full credit to the coaching staff and development programme on improving our second tier players

Graham
Edwards
Tuck
collins
connors
Vickery
white

have all taken massive steps this year

Edwards graham collins and connors in particular all look like they are going to make it. Fantastic to see when at different times they all looked very unlikely

Offline Chuck17

• The Shaun Grugg of OER
  • RFC Hall of Fame
Re: 2nd tier players stepping up
« Reply #1 on: June 20, 2010, 09:46:56 AM »
Yep its unbelievable what some of these guys are doing.

For mine I am gob smacked by what Gus is doing over the last month.  I honestly never thought he had it in him.

And Edwards; the guy has his confidence back and is playing awesome, has strung together a shedload of good to very good games.

Ramps

« Reply #2 on: June 20, 2010, 09:53:39 AM »
Full credit to the coaching staff and development programme on improving our second tier players

Graham
Edwards
Tuck
collins
connors
Vickery
white

have all taken massive steps this year

Edwards graham collins and connors in particular all look like they are going to make it. Fantastic to see when at different times they all looked very unlikely

Agree with this list to be honest

Offline mat073

• Perth's biggest tiger tragic.
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #3 on: June 20, 2010, 10:09:48 AM »
I think you have to include Jake King.....he has had a very good month.
Unleash the tornado

Offline TigerLand

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • I <3 Mrs Hardwick
« Reply #4 on: June 20, 2010, 12:01:56 PM »

I'd agree with that. I'm not a King fan but he's done himself a world of favours the last month.

Still not sure if he'll get another contract but he's pushing his case.
Go Tigers!

Tigermonk

« Reply #5 on: June 20, 2010, 12:07:34 PM »
King is still a little clumsy at times & needs to work on a few things.
Cant have anyone giving away frees every week that can be avoided. it needs to be mentioned too him

Offline Stripes

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #6 on: June 20, 2010, 02:48:32 PM »
Gus is playing very well since his return to the firsts though he still has no confidence in his kicking and makes 'ruckman decisions' from time to time which make you cringe. King is in a very similar boat to me as Gus - fights hard and can do some great things but still makes some terrible choices and skill errors during games. Saying that though both have improved and Collins, White and Edwards in particular have been a revolation this year.  :thumbsup

Stripes

Offline WA Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #7 on: June 20, 2010, 02:51:34 PM »
Tuck really stood up last night when the game was there to be won or lost. His in and under work and his clearence work was fantastic particularly the last half of the last quater.
DIMMA - You will be held ACCOUNTABLE...

“We are really excited about what we have brought in. We have got great depth of players that can take us where we need to go. We are just putting some cream on the top at the moment,” he said.

"Rucks:
Shaun Hampson is the No.1 man"

Gigantor

« Reply #8 on: June 20, 2010, 03:01:52 PM »
Also good to see people like Polo,Nahas,post,and polak,pushing up from coburg,and making competition for positions in the ones

Offline big tone

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #9 on: June 20, 2010, 05:16:45 PM »
King is still a little clumsy at times & needs to work on a few things.
Cant have anyone giving away frees every week that can be avoided. it needs to be mentioned too him
Tambling is still a little clumsy at times & needs to work on a few things.

Would pick King over Tambling going off this year.
I have changed my mind on alot of players this year- Edwards, King, Collins White but not so on Richie, in fact gone the other way.
I'm trying but he fummbles, misses targets, gives away stupid free kicks and worst of all goes to ground alot lately. A fair indication he has no confidence.
Imo if he is to improve to the level of the other guys mentioned he neededs to go back to Coburg and work one a few things. AFL level is to hard to grind away and find some form.

Online Go Richo 12

• Richmond tragic, bleeding heart, hopeless cricketer and terrible fisherman.
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #10 on: June 20, 2010, 05:29:14 PM »
I love Jake King! He plays like he is 3rd generation Tiger, giving his all and then some! before the game last week, he was warming up at the PRE and was winking to the kids in the crowd, really casual! When we played the Swans in Griffith for the NAB challenge a couple pre seasons ago he walked up and rustled my boys hair! Not anywhere near being up himself like some in the afl who think they are better than they are!

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #11 on: June 20, 2010, 09:46:07 PM »
For mine I am gob smacked by what Gus is doing over the last month.  I honestly never thought he had it in him.

100% in agreement with that

Graham
Edwards
Tuck
collins
connors
Vickery
white

3 weeks ago there would have been 2 on that list I'd have major question marks on

1 in the last 2 weeks has taken a couple of major steps (READ = Vickery)

So that leaves 1 on the list and after last night I still have major concerns and issues  ;D
"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Offline WA Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #12 on: June 20, 2010, 09:49:02 PM »

Graham
Edwards
Tuck
collins
connors
Vickery
white

3 weeks ago there would have been 2 on that list I'd have major question marks on

So that leaves 1 on the list and after last night I still have major concerns and issues  ;D

Ah gee who would that be... :thumbsup
DIMMA - You will be held ACCOUNTABLE...

“We are really excited about what we have brought in. We have got great depth of players that can take us where we need to go. We are just putting some cream on the top at the moment,” he said.

"Rucks:
Shaun Hampson is the No.1 man"

Offline blaisee

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #13 on: June 20, 2010, 09:50:43 PM »

Graham
Edwards
Tuck
collins
connors
Vickery
white

dont worry willy. I have no doubt that connors will be a great player for this football club

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #14 on: June 20, 2010, 09:55:40 PM »
dont worry willy. I have no doubt that connors will be a great player for this football club

It's not his ability that worries me blaisee - it's his continued lack of team orientated footy he plays, last night I nearly jumped the fence because of a couple of selfish things he did on the field.

If the mantra is "TEAM FIRST" then it should apply to everyone - young Dan needs to really get his head around it
"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)