Author Topic: Simmo on SEN @ 12.15pm  (Read 708 times)

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
Simmo on SEN @ 12.15pm
« on: June 21, 2010, 12:28:01 PM »
Simmo was just SEN....

* Fantastic for group, players, supporters with 3 wins from the past 4 weeks. He could see it coming. Goes back to the pre-season. We never diverted from the new gameplan. Everyone is on the same page. In the Adelaide game the systems, patterns and belief started to come out.

* Something like 17 straight losses before this past month. It does start to make you question belief. This year however he knew with the new people on board and the group we have it is a real learning year down there and he knew the wins would come. A lot of belief down there now.

* Bringing in a heap of new players has really helped. Great for the senior players. At the start of preseason lead by Newy we sat down to decide what we would stand for - standards, team rules, etc.  The young guys really believe in all that. Still got a lot of work to do.

* Been around the game a long time and even Simmo found he was learning a whole of heap of new stuff so he can imagine how hard it was for the young newbies. It takes time.

* Geelong game was the only game we really got smashed in. Last month we've seen the belief. Guys knowing and sticking to their roles.

* Tuck - great fellow and one of those guys you love playing with. He's really gained from the new systems introduced this year and learnt a lot from them as well. Been great.

* Jack - leadership for someone so young is great. Leads the forward line. Works really hard on his game outside at training. Always wanting to learn and brings guys along with him.

* Morton - hasn't lived up to the expectations he placed on himself from last year. He's still trying to come to terms with the new gameplan just as Tucky did earlier in the year. Simmo expects him to have a role in the second half of the year.

* Simmo was confident we would win this wek and told the boys that we would beat Brisbane. Gus played really well. Rapt for him. Ty and Browne coming along well too.

* Simmo now playing local footy with his old club that his dad played for.
« Last Edit: June 21, 2010, 01:37:57 PM by one-eyed »

Offline Stripes

• RFC Hall of Fame
Re: Simmo on SEN @ 12.15pm
« Reply #1 on: June 21, 2010, 03:59:26 PM »
If nothing else occurs this year I would still be excited at all the positive messages coming out of Punt Road in regards to game plan, player education, culture, pride and belief. The new coaches are turning out list into a unified force which has been our greatest weakness for decades.

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond

Offline Penelope

• Internet nuffer and sooky jellyfish
  • RFC Hall of Fame
Re: Simmo on SEN @ 12.15pm
« Reply #3 on: June 21, 2010, 05:03:29 PM »
If nothing else occurs this year I would still be excited at all the positive messages coming out of Punt Road in regards to game plan, player education, culture, pride and belief. The new coaches are turning out list into a unified force which has been our greatest weakness for decades.
Yet you want them to deliberately lose games ?
“For My thoughts are not your thoughts,
Nor are your ways my ways,” says the Lord.

“For as the heavens are higher than the earth,
So are my ways higher than your ways,
And my thoughts than your thoughts."

Yahweh? or the great Clawski?

yaw rehto eht dellorcs ti fi daer ot reisae eb dluow tI