Author Topic: One ump had something against us  (Read 2469 times)

Offline Fishfinger

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • You can't put brains in an idiot
Re: One ump had something against us
« Reply #30 on: July 04, 2010, 08:42:46 PM »

Peter Carey back at waverley in the early 90's was paying free kicks for his brother in law Brian Taylor against Spud Frawley so he could get his 2 goals and reach 100.  
Are you sure?

Peter Cameron was (and is) David Cloke's brother-in-law. I know that for a fact because I played junior footy with David's younger brother and Peter Cameron married one of his sisters.

What would be the odds of 2 players who left Richmond and went to Collingwood both having a brother-in-law as a field umpire?
It's 50 of one and half a dozen of the other - Don Scott

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #31 on: July 04, 2010, 08:47:29 PM »
Is it a new AFL rule that Shane Stewart umpires our games  ??? :P
All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd

tony_montana

« Reply #32 on: July 04, 2010, 11:06:30 PM »

Peter Carey back at waverley in the early 90's was paying free kicks for his brother in law Brian Taylor against Spud Frawley so he could get his 2 goals and reach 100.  
Are you sure?

Peter Cameron was (and is) David Cloke's brother-in-law. I know that for a fact because I played junior footy with David's younger brother and Peter Cameron married one of his sisters.

What would be the odds of 2 players who left Richmond and went to Collingwood both having a brother-in-law as a field umpire?

Was a fundraiser night for Mitcham footy club and we had the Ox, BT and scotty west come out as MC's, straight from the horses mouth FF, had us in stitches did old barge.a.r.s.e

Tigermonk

« Reply #33 on: July 04, 2010, 11:17:06 PM »
Is it a new AFL rule that Shane Stewart umpires our games  ??? :P

If he was wearing #13 he should be sacked cause he hates Richmond

Offline Fishfinger

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • You can't put brains in an idiot
« Reply #34 on: July 05, 2010, 01:06:07 AM »

Was a fundraiser night for Mitcham footy club and we had the Ox, BT and scotty west come out as MC's, straight from the horses mouth FF, had us in stitches did old barge.a.r.s.e
Thanks for the info.
Maybe there are more family members/in-laws of players umpiring them at the top level.
No surprise it's kept quiet if there are.
It's 50 of one and half a dozen of the other - Don Scott