Author Topic: Tigers vs North - Eureka game thread  (Read 23484 times)

Offline Penelope

• Internet nuffer and sooky jellyfish
  • RFC Hall of Fame
Re: Tigers vs North - Eureka game thread
« Reply #60 on: July 18, 2010, 06:31:02 PM »
I think we will get a better performance next week FNM, but the result could be still be similar. If we were playing Collingwoood today the margin would have been greater.

Watching on the telly today, the players they showed looked very peeed off at the end of the game. They know they had a bad one.
“For My thoughts are not your thoughts,
Nor are your ways my ways,” says the Lord.

“For as the heavens are higher than the earth,
So are my ways higher than your ways,
And my thoughts than your thoughts."

Yahweh? or the great Clawski?

yaw rehto eht dellorcs ti fi daer ot reisae eb dluow tI

jackstar is back again

« Reply #61 on: July 18, 2010, 06:37:41 PM »
tambling is a real worry

Didn't even notice he was out there to be honest.

He was there, running around in circles. 3 kicks  i reckon by memory

Offline Herewegotigers

• Tiger Rookie
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #62 on: July 18, 2010, 06:40:57 PM »

Tambling= No 1 dud in our club.

The side was poor all over the ground today , saying he's a dud is more a reflection on your crap post than his game today

jackstar is back again

« Reply #63 on: July 18, 2010, 06:47:51 PM »
excuse me, all I said "'he is a worry"

Offline Smokey

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #64 on: July 18, 2010, 06:50:01 PM »
excuse me, all I said "'he is a worry"

Think you jumped the gun here Jack.  Go back over the previous posts and you will see the quote from a much earlier post than yours.

It's not always about you!!   ;D ;D

Offline wayne again

• Jack Dyer medallist
« Reply #65 on: July 18, 2010, 06:54:07 PM »
tambling is a real worry

He needs to be dropped, even look at trading.
Vickery was shocking as well in the ruck, Bring in Browne maybe try Vickery at CHF for a week or two see how he goes.

A bad week so what. :gotigers

Offline the_boy_jake

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #66 on: July 18, 2010, 07:01:54 PM »

Vickery was shocking as well in the ruck, Bring in Browne maybe try Vickery at CHF for a week or two see how he goes.

Vickery did some pretty foolish things around the ground too, collision with Thursfield and spoiling when either McGuane or Tuck were about to mark. I think he really needs to go back to Coburg and dominate some games. He simply isn't big enough to be a good tap ruckman IMO and if we want him to develop into a ruck/forward then he isn't anywhere near developed enough to get by in the AFL in this role

Offline wayne again

• Jack Dyer medallist
« Reply #67 on: July 18, 2010, 07:15:40 PM »
I agree Boy_Jake. I was going to say drop him as well, but he has done OK here and there, i reckon give him a spell in the ruck and help out in the forward line for a week or two he is big enough.
Bring in Browne/ Grahame as well and have three bigs running around.

Offline crannyvegas

• Premiership Captain
« Reply #68 on: July 18, 2010, 07:28:54 PM »
tambling is a real worry

He needs to be dropped, even look at trading.

A bad week so what. :gotigers

what would another club give up for him??
Detka! Detka! Detka!

Offline cub

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • "Tigertime!"
    • bantigertrade
« Reply #69 on: July 18, 2010, 07:53:53 PM »
who cares.

i've already gotten enough out of this year. 

we can have no more wins for the rest of the year and i'll still come away happy

We'll get 1 or 2

Offline cub

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • "Tigertime!"
    • bantigertrade
« Reply #70 on: July 18, 2010, 07:58:52 PM »
And so much for a wet weather side  :rollin We have a side that will play a lot better in the dry.
A lot of factors went against us today the umpys at the start! Norths (How do I say) footy smarts at the contest in the wet, just a bit of luck Norths way (Bounce of the ball) and it all fell into place for them, like I say all the time confidence is a great thing in sport, they got it however they got it and then just went with it and we went the other way.
No great loss or drama !!!

I am wet and cold and having a warm shower, dinner and in bed.... ;D

Offline wayne again

• Jack Dyer medallist
« Reply #71 on: July 18, 2010, 07:59:07 PM »
Not much, but it is worth a look IMO. He is not playing a role this year, i wish he was but his efforts are not good enough.

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #72 on: July 18, 2010, 08:02:29 PM »
We just looked flat from go to woe. We never got into any rhythm as a team which meant we were sloppy at best and just plain dumb at worst  :scream. I think we left our brains back in the rooms as we were always a sec or so too slow with our decision making and we just didn't support each other. North seemed to have more numbers in defence, through the middle and up forward whenever the ball hit the ground :P. We got killed out of the centre. I was surprised Gus and Vickery matched hitouts with Goldstein and McIntosh as the North rucks watching live looked to be having a field day. I think the wet conditions exposed our young and lighter bodies at the stoppages. North were by far more a unit and after half-time worked harder than us.

Oh well we shouldn't be too surprised at a young side having a downer of a day and typically that downer is a real shocker  :P.
All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd

tony_montana

« Reply #73 on: July 18, 2010, 08:28:40 PM »
was on the cards, last week freo worked us over physically in a major way, we were always going to struggle to come up tbh...

.....and whilst I respect nth and their young underrated talent, i wouldnt expect them to beat us let alone smash us at the contest like they did all day, clearly we weren't 'on'. Good learning curve on how to deal with being carved up after running around like they were bullet proof for the last 6 weeks.

Browne and Gourdis need a run NOW

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #74 on: July 18, 2010, 08:56:59 PM »
I think our worst effort this year.

Forgotten that gem down at geelong Pope? Or what about Dream Time at the 'G, our game against Melb perhaps or Sydney up in Sydeny that was truly special

Seriously folks let's not get carried away here with the doom & gloom

We have a very young team who have given us a very good 6-7 weeks that have been probably better than some of us could have imagined.

History tells us young teams when they hit a wall will have a shocker and that's what happened today. We lost, it it the end of the improvement in 2010 - NOPE

No it wans't pretty but please let's put it into perspective of where started the season, what we have achieved in the last 6 weeks and what we are striving for long term. There are going to be some bumps along the way but it's still a ride worth taking and I for one aint going anywhere

:gotigers
"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)