Author Topic: Jake King re-signed for 2 years?  (Read 3778 times)

Ramps

Re: Jake King re-signed for 2 years?
« Reply #15 on: July 30, 2010, 03:40:43 PM »
like it or not kingy happens to be one of our not that big but big names.. Collingwood all know who is for sure ;) and he has improved heaps from last year and is doing all he is requierd to do and he has proven he can be a good tagger (how many big players has he injured? some of ours :P but for a small body he is worth an extra year ... he shows that he is a tiger beacue he is alwasy doing stuff for teh club and i am happy to have him again

you NOOO sayers sorry but you must be blind to not see the impacts he has on some games and his improvments  :)

lol ... clubs going nowhere if decisions like this are true. People seem to have forgotten.

WE ARE 15H ON THE LADDER!

WE HAVE A SHOCKING LIST!

WE NEED ANOTHER CLEAN OUT!

Kings played 50 games, he gave it his best shot. And he contributed- noone can deny that but the question is will he be in Richmonds next Premiership team. The answer is NO so that makes this potential decision a bad one.

Offline tiger till i die

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #16 on: July 30, 2010, 03:47:56 PM »
like it or not kingy happens to be one of our not that big but big names.. Collingwood all know who is for sure ;) and he has improved heaps from last year and is doing all he is requierd to do and he has proven he can be a good tagger (how many big players has he injured? some of ours :P but for a small body he is worth an extra year ... he shows that he is a tiger beacue he is alwasy doing stuff for teh club and i am happy to have him again

you NOOO sayers sorry but you must be blind to not see the impacts he has on some games and his improvments  :)

do u belive he has improved ? and we aint gonna get any really good players for teh next couple of years so we have to use what we have.. is what im trying to say

lol ... clubs going nowhere if decisions like this are true. People seem to have forgotten.

WE ARE 15H ON THE LADDER!

WE HAVE A SHOCKING LIST!

WE NEED ANOTHER CLEAN OUT!

Kings played 50 games, he gave it his best shot. And he contributed- noone can deny that but the question is will he be in Richmonds next Premiership team. The answer is NO so that makes this potential decision a bad one.

Offline Danog

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #17 on: July 30, 2010, 04:46:02 PM »
If it's similar to Tucks (1, with triggers for 2), then I'm all for it.  He's a great leader.

whose a great leader?
Who do you think?

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #18 on: July 30, 2010, 07:34:59 PM »
Hardwick's first dumb decision  :banghead

Agree but was it his or someone elses?
Craig Cameron would make this decision wouldn't he? Not his first dumb list management decision that's for sure.

If this is true I'm absolutely stunned about the option of a 2nd year  :help. With another dip into the draft later this year, Kingy should be playing VFL next year if we are to move forward. Strange that we are so keen to sign him up in July when he is hardly a keeper ???.
All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd

Ramps

« Reply #19 on: July 30, 2010, 07:43:59 PM »
If it's similar to Tucks (1, with triggers for 2), then I'm all for it.  He's a great leader.

whose a great leader?
Who do you think?

Winston Churchill  ;D

By the way Dan if you think King or Tuck are great leaders than we are in some trouble at Punt Rd. Neither of them are leaders, neither of them are potential RFC Premiership players and any serious list manager would move them on.

Offline Penelope

• Internet nuffer and sooky jellyfish
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #20 on: July 30, 2010, 07:57:57 PM »

Craig Cameron would make this decision wouldn't he? Not his first dumb list management decision that's for sure.

If this is true I'm absolutely stunned about the option of a 2nd year  :help. With another dip into the draft later this year, Kingy should be playing VFL next year if we are to move forward. Strange that we are so keen to sign him up in July when he is hardly a keeper ???.

The option is exactly that, Mt, an option that no one is obliged to honur. All it is is a carrot, an incentive.
I'm far from King's greatest fan but I think he has earned another year on the list. He then has to earn the second year of the contract next year.
“For My thoughts are not your thoughts,
Nor are your ways my ways,” says the Lord.

“For as the heavens are higher than the earth,
So are my ways higher than your ways,
And my thoughts than your thoughts."

Yahweh? or the great Clawski?

yaw rehto eht dellorcs ti fi daer ot reisae eb dluow tI

Gordon Bennett

« Reply #21 on: July 30, 2010, 08:06:29 PM »

2nd dumb decision, 1st was Tuck! IMO.

Edwards, Polo, Nahas are in the gun IMO!

Two of them have to go!
Edwards in the gun? That's so ridiculous I just can't believe you said it.

Ramps

« Reply #22 on: July 30, 2010, 08:14:19 PM »

2nd dumb decision, 1st was Tuck! IMO.

Edwards, Polo, Nahas are in the gun IMO!

Two of them have to go!
Edwards in the gun? That's so ridiculous I just can't believe you said it.

Edwards is an improved player and he shouldnt even be talked about. Hes had a very good 12 months IMHO.

Online Go Richo 12

• Richmond tragic, bleeding heart, hopeless cricketer and terrible fisherman.
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #23 on: July 30, 2010, 08:21:49 PM »
Edwards is a keeper! Why would we cut him now when we are finally seeing reward?

Online Francois Jackson

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #24 on: July 30, 2010, 10:26:08 PM »
we need hard players like jake
get rid of softies like nahas

i have bagged King in the past but on this one i actually agree with you.

If given a choice between Patty Payne and Kingy im glad we chose King. He has flaws but he has improved this year since that Saints game.

ooh and i dont think we can be stupid to sign someone up before the end of the year. I think its all rubbish.

Currently a member of the Roupies, and employed by the great man Roup.

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #25 on: July 31, 2010, 05:37:56 PM »

The option is exactly that, Mt, an option that no one is obliged to honur. All it is is a carrot, an incentive.
I'm far from King's greatest fan but I think he has earned another year on the list. He then has to earn the second year of the contract next year.
True there are a number of others ahead of Kingy for the chop (which explains why we are a bottom club  :P ) and even before this news given Kingy is in our current 22 I thought deep down the Club may keep Kingy on for another year as cannonfodder while the cubs develop. However while the likes of King standard footballers are on our list we aren't going to climb up the ladder. The 2012 option may be incentive for Kingy but for the list's sake it should never be exercised. He's lucky he will still be on an AFL list in 2011.
All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd

Offline Penelope

• Internet nuffer and sooky jellyfish
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #26 on: July 31, 2010, 05:55:40 PM »
For sure King is probably not the sort of player to take us forward in the long term.
My take on how Hardwick is working is that he first is looking for a core of players who will play the game how he wants them to play.

The challenge is then up to the more skilled players on the list to take their spot, or more specifically to earn it. This is a pretty good culture to install in the club, even if initially it means that players not quite up to it are getting games.

While I would be concerned if King was still getting regular games this time next year, I hope that if he is, it's because he has improved more than most think he can, rather an indictment on those that should be challenging for his his position.
“For My thoughts are not your thoughts,
Nor are your ways my ways,” says the Lord.

“For as the heavens are higher than the earth,
So are my ways higher than your ways,
And my thoughts than your thoughts."

Yahweh? or the great Clawski?

yaw rehto eht dellorcs ti fi daer ot reisae eb dluow tI

Online WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #27 on: August 01, 2010, 11:15:47 AM »
Shouldn't believe rumours and jump at shadows  ;D

There's some signing announcements supposedly coming up shortly but who they are who knows

And at the minute to be honest I really don't care

"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Offline tiger till i die

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #28 on: August 01, 2010, 04:47:09 PM »
great game from Kingy today if he plays like that more in the future i would love have him for another year  :thumbsup

Offline bojangles17

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Platinum member 33 years
« Reply #29 on: August 01, 2010, 05:02:19 PM »
after todays game ,how about we make it 3  :shh
RFC 1885, Often Imitated, Never Equalled