Author Topic: Difference in match day membership "rooms"  (Read 1210 times)

Offline 747sardine

• Tiger Rookie
Difference in match day membership "rooms"
« on: August 03, 2010, 01:11:08 PM »
HI there,

Just came across this site after braving the hail to watch us escape against the Crows (thankyou Crows forward line).  When I was at the MCG I noticed in the Northern Stand there was some Tigers function on in the Jim Stynes room (or near to it).  Does anyone know which membership category gets you access to this?  Would have been nice on such a horrible day to watch behind glass ;-)

Also, wandering around the southern stand post match I took a quick peek at the Locker Club room.  Is this the same room used for the Player's club or is that room suitably more upmarket for the extra price?

Thinking about Locker Room next year but wondering if there is anything to be gained over premium plus membership (except reserved seat for every home match).

Thanks for any info.
Go Tiges.

Offline Beren

• RFC Hall of Fame
Re: Difference in match day membership "rooms"
« Reply #1 on: August 03, 2010, 01:16:36 PM »
Players' Club is in the Miller Room.... right next to the AFL Members' enclosure. We don't share it with other coterie groups.
In a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act.

FNM

« Reply #2 on: August 03, 2010, 01:49:48 PM »
Players' Club is in the Miller Room.... right next to the AFL Members' enclosure. We don't share it with other coterie groups.
The Players' Club room is terrible - no tables and chairs, unless they've rectified that since i last went

Offline Penelope

• Internet nuffer and sooky jellyfish
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #3 on: August 03, 2010, 02:22:53 PM »
Going back a few years  you used to be able to get into the Lindsay Hassett room during richmond home games, except for the big games (scum filth etc).

Was a great place to watch from on those cold wet days (even beer served in glass).

Not too sure what they do with that room now though.
“For My thoughts are not your thoughts,
Nor are your ways my ways,” says the Lord.

“For as the heavens are higher than the earth,
So are my ways higher than your ways,
And my thoughts than your thoughts."

Yahweh? or the great Clawski?

yaw rehto eht dellorcs ti fi daer ot reisae eb dluow tI

Offline Beren

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #4 on: August 03, 2010, 02:33:32 PM »
The Players' Club room is terrible - no tables and chairs, unless they've rectified that since i last went

Must have been a while since you were in the Players' Club.
There are tables & chairs, - food & drink a plenty at half time too.

Offline 747sardine

• Tiger Rookie
« Reply #5 on: August 03, 2010, 02:46:54 PM »
Well the Locker Club room has furniture and a bar but it all seemed a little dark and dingy to me.  Hence my question about what you have to do to get into whatever is going on over in the Jim Stynes room....double height windows, great view, etc....

FNM

« Reply #6 on: August 03, 2010, 03:02:47 PM »

Must have been a while since you were in the Players' Club.
There are tables & chairs, - food & drink a plenty at half time too.
Only two years.  Had friends leave it to go to another group because of it.
It's an okay option, but hard to convince me now that a membership with a reserved seat on the other wing isn't the best option for me and a hell of a lot cheaper  :thumbsup

Offline Beren

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #7 on: August 03, 2010, 03:06:38 PM »
Don't mind paying the extra as the benefits & interaction of player sponsorship far outweigh the $$$$

richmondrules

« Reply #8 on: August 03, 2010, 03:10:50 PM »
Well the Locker Club room has furniture and a bar but it all seemed a little dark and dingy to me.  Hence my question about what you have to do to get into whatever is going on over in the Jim Stynes room....double height windows, great view, etc....

I think that's the presidents room and they have the presidents lunch there. I used to go their with my company who were major sponsors. It's mainly corporate. This was before the redevelopment of the Northern stand so it was in the Southern stand at that time.

Don't mind paying the extra as the benefits & interaction of player sponsorship far outweigh the $$$$

It sounds very attractive but I can't afford it. I've got 2 kids and a wife with A reserve seating and I still pay less than a single Players Club membership. If I was to pay for my whole family ... well I'd need a second job.  ;D

FNM

« Reply #9 on: August 03, 2010, 04:12:24 PM »
Did it for a number of years - I don't miss it at all.
It's good value though for those that want to hang with the players once and a while, get a bit of inside goss before the game
But it goes up every year and the benefits you get seem to disappear each year as well
The people are nice there and friendly atmosphere if you're thinking of joining.
But after doing it for so long, I'd rather save my money
I've got the finals option on my membership, so no worries there

Tigermonk

« Reply #10 on: August 04, 2010, 01:23:44 AM »
lmao paying to hang with the players  ;D

richmondrules

« Reply #11 on: August 04, 2010, 09:19:35 AM »

Can't all be as well connected as you TM.

lmao @ needing to lmao @ people simply enjoying their lives.

FNM

« Reply #12 on: August 04, 2010, 10:30:42 AM »
It was never a big deal for me.  It was great meeting them, but a bit ho hum after 20 or so years of doing so. Each to their own Monk, I say, and what you can afford to pay.  Me, I'm just a battler, so whatever support I give the club is usually above my means. But you do it because you love the club, love beign involved and it's a great ride whatever membership you choose.
 :gotigers

Tigermonk

« Reply #13 on: August 04, 2010, 02:48:59 PM »
It was never a big deal for me.  It was great meeting them, but a bit ho hum after 20 or so years of doing so. Each to their own Monk, I say, and what you can afford to pay.  Me, I'm just a battler, so whatever support I give the club is usually above my means. But you do it because you love the club, love beign involved and it's a great ride whatever membership you choose.

Just stiring  ::) bit of Tongue in Cheek  ;D dont take it the wrong way, Your driven by your passion old girl you cant buy PASSION
The passion for the club is enough for me, l have renewed faith, have seen huge improvement since Benny Gale become CEO & we have a new coach in Hardwick the TEACHER because that is what he is best at. Win Lose or Draw we are playing better football & the club is alive. It will take time but its a better footy season.

Long have we seen people who couldnot or didnot want to take the club forward & now in a short year we are well ahead of exspectations  :thumbsup

Offline Beren

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #14 on: August 04, 2010, 02:57:13 PM »

I'm a battler too, I pay what I can afford which is Players' Group. And you can't put a price on the friends made through the group which has extended into other aspects of life in general.