Author Topic: Election results  (Read 8971 times)

Offline bg25

• Jack Dyer medallist
  • For We're From Tigerland
Re: Election results
« Reply #15 on: December 18, 2004, 05:37:59 PM »
MT...did he offer congratulations to the incumbents on their victory and say that they accepted the umpires decision? Sounds like they're still blaming everyone but themselves for the result.

Don't they credit any supporters with being able to make up their own minds....I for one was vtoing Casey prior to Miller putting up his hand to stand.

Macek keeps talking about all their support within in the club. This may well be true, but hardly helps us all to move foward.

You gave it your best shot Charles and it wasn't good enough...please be gracious now.

froars

« Reply #16 on: December 18, 2004, 05:52:43 PM »
Come on guys, you're being far too polite for my liking lol

Nah, nah, nah, nah to those idiots lol

Online mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #17 on: December 18, 2004, 05:53:53 PM »
MT...did he offer congratulations to the incumbents on their victory and say that they accepted the umpires decision? Sounds like they're still blaming everyone but themselves for the result.

Well I haven't heard it bg25 and I've listened to Macek on 3aw and just before on Sports Tonight. In fact at the end of his ch. 10 interview he made a snide and weird remark about things being different if Miller's past had been revealed  ???

Don't they credit any supporters with being able to make up their own minds....I for one was voting Casey prior to Miller putting up his hand to stand.

Same here bg25.

In fact a couple of callers on 3aw after Macek was on bagged him for this.  

All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #18 on: December 18, 2004, 08:03:18 PM »
I saw Charles Macek on Channel 9 news and he didn't congratulate the incumbents, he made some comment about the finances and the clubs's performances and how the subsequent election result was surprising.  :-\

The final numbers are a stunning result for the Casey ticket - that Anthony Mithen got the second highest number of votes was probably the greatest surprise to me.

the result is clear cut and everyone needs to accept it and unite.

"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

2JD

« Reply #19 on: December 18, 2004, 08:16:00 PM »
lmaooo moi, I totally agree :cheers

froars

« Reply #20 on: December 18, 2004, 08:22:16 PM »
Might not get another chance to sink the boot lol
Make hay while the sun shines my motto 

And boy is it shining today ;D

Offline Puntroadroar

• Premiership Captain
  • Our Very own Top Gun
« Reply #21 on: December 18, 2004, 10:03:05 PM »
Up yours Caro and the other reporters who have hammered our club all year, even when we did a few things right (although limited) !!!!

Up yours PRE for using your site and a Pro alternative voice

Up yours Schwabby about time your name at Tigerland disappeared into the past

Up yours Up yours Up yours

;D

LOL

« Last Edit: December 18, 2004, 10:07:37 PM by Puntroadroar »
There's no I in team, but there is 5 i's in Individual Brilliance.

Offline harry bosch

• Premiership Captain
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #22 on: December 18, 2004, 10:06:54 PM »
disappointed that casey and march gets another chance but
oh well , hopefully they have learnt from their mistakes and can
 do better

would have like to see mike humphries get on but perhaps in
the end it was best that it was a clear win to one of the tickets..

hopefully everyone can now get behind the club
and we can move on and up..

Life goes on

« Reply #23 on: December 18, 2004, 11:32:30 PM »
Puntroadroar, a sensational POST

As for the guy who goes by a first name and a intital, you are a total disgrace !
As for the alternative ticket, :birthday :cheers  I wonder how you clowns are feeling tonite :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol

Offline Fishfinger

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • You can't put brains in an idiot
« Reply #24 on: December 18, 2004, 11:47:33 PM »
I hope members of the alternative don't feel too disheartened or rejected.
I'm extremely happy with the election result but would like some of the unsuccessful candidates to work with the board and use their passion and skills to help the club move forward.
None of them are an evil scourge, they're all Richmond supporters.
It's 50 of one and half a dozen of the other - Don Scott

Life goes on

« Reply #25 on: December 18, 2004, 11:51:03 PM »
I am going to disagree with you on this one fishfinger. I say get lost Macek, Wood, Schwab,welsh, Barrot , Humphris, the club doesnt need people like yourself and even some of there supporters, go and follow someone else. ;)
these people never had the RFC at heart

Ox

« Reply #26 on: December 19, 2004, 12:46:44 AM »
Up yours Caro and the other reporters who have hammered our club all year, even when we did a few things right (although limited) !!!!

Up yours PRE for using your site and a Pro alternative voice

Up yours Schwabby about time your name at Tigerland disappeared into the past

Up yours Up yours Up yours

;D

LOL

ON THE FLOOR ROLLIN AROUND LAFFIN MY ARS OFF. :rollin

Online mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
It's Miller's Richmond
« Reply #27 on: December 19, 2004, 02:39:52 AM »
It's Miller's Richmond
By Stathi Paxinos
The Age
December 19, 2004

Richmond director of football Greg Miller yesterday emerged as the clear saviour of the incumbent Clinton Casey board, which was elected in a clean sweep over the rebel Macek ticket.

All nine members of the Casey ticket were elected, but Casey himself could run only third, nearly 1500 votes behind Miller, who topped the poll of Richmond members.

After the vote was declared yesterday, however, Miller hinted he may not continue to sit on the board, after his candidacy drew widespread criticism over its alleged conflict of interest, and Casey said he would step down in a year if Richmond's financial performance had not improved.

Casey said he took the result of the election, in which more than 13,000 members voted, as a second chance from the faithful to build on the momentum gained during the second half of the year.

Casey, who with 7549 votes ranked behind the popular Miller (8917) and Anthony Mithen (7641), promised a new management style to bridge differences with the Macek-led rebel ticket and disgruntled sections of the club.

None on the Macek ticket received enough votes to claim any of the nine vacant positions, despite the presidential hopeful's belief that the board would be split.

Macek yesterday conceded the result, where the best-performed of his ticket, former player Bryan Wood (6019), was almost 1000 votes behind Casey's ninth ticket member Maurice O'Shannassy (6988), could be described only as a "decisive" defeat.

He said the result confirmed the incredible support Miller was able to bring to the Casey ticket. However, he maintained his criticism of Miller's position of being on the board while also working as football director.

"It's just untenable," Macek said. "It just undermines the (chief executive) and just puts him in impossible conflict."

Miller yesterday said he was honoured to be voted onto the board and would hold both positions for the time being, but would review the situation in the coming months.

Casey said it would be "just terrific" to lead a united board. "It will be the last part of our club that . . . was fractured over the last six or eight months, (where) just about every section of the club has had something done to it - a new coach, CEO, football department, so many new young players, our list," he said.

"And now we have finally got a board that we can truly, hand on heart, say to our members is fully united, fully behind our vision and our plan and hopefully over the next years you are going to see a major difference, both in the finances of this footy club and with onfield success."

However, Casey said he was aware the vote had given him a "second chance" and he reiterated that he would step aside next year if the club's financial situation - it finished on the bottom of the AFL ladder this year for the first time since 1989 and lost $2.2 million - did not improve.

He said members of the rival ticket would be welcomed back at Tigerland. "The main thing is that they don't get disenchanted," he said. "What they did, they did in the best interest of the footy club."

http://www.realfooty.theage.com.au/realfooty/articles/2004/12/18/1103312785485.html

Online mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #28 on: December 19, 2004, 03:17:33 AM »
I hope members of the alternative don't feel too disheartened or rejected.
I'm extremely happy with the election result but would like some of the unsuccessful candidates to work with the board and use their passion and skills to help the club move forward.
None of them are an evil scourge, they're all Richmond supporters.

Let's hope so FF.

It's going to be difficult as the personal sniping during the election campaign was pretty nasty. The last thing we need is for some in the alternative to be bitter about the losing and lurk around in the background waiting for the Club to fail so they can pounce.

Life goes on

« Reply #29 on: December 19, 2004, 09:10:42 AM »
I agree MT, the not welcome sign should be displayed prominently ;D