Author Topic: 2011 Membership - "The Tiger is Stirring" [merged]  (Read 123827 times)

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
Re: 2011 Membership slogan - "The Tiger is Stirring"
« Reply #15 on: September 03, 2010, 01:51:26 AM »
The showed a "snippet" of the Membership campaign

About 30 seconds in all - ended with a Tiger Growling - it was the best thing I've seen form them in a long time

:thumbsup

:gotigers
The early-mid 90s advert had a Tiger with a footy growling at the end. The best membership ad the Club has ever made.
All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd

Offline RollsRoyce

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #16 on: September 03, 2010, 08:01:07 AM »

About 30 seconds in all - ended with a Tiger Growling - it was the best thing I've seen form them in a long time

The early-mid 90s advert had a Tiger with a footy growling at the end. The best membership ad the Club has ever made.

It was just such a simple and inspired concept: Take a bag of footy's along to the zoo, chuck them in the Tigers enclosure, and use the footage of him tearing them to pieces. Brilliant!

Offline Penelope

• Internet nuffer and sooky jellyfish
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #17 on: September 03, 2010, 08:45:50 AM »
I think that one was in the eighties rolls. I remember I was still at school and the old man knew someone involved in the making of it and the tigers actually ate most of the footies . I may still even have some posters from that campaign
“For My thoughts are not your thoughts,
Nor are your ways my ways,” says the Lord.

“For as the heavens are higher than the earth,
So are my ways higher than your ways,
And my thoughts than your thoughts."

Yahweh? or the great Clawski?

yaw rehto eht dellorcs ti fi daer ot reisae eb dluow tI

Offline Mr Magic

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #18 on: September 06, 2010, 07:24:40 PM »
Sounds good. I hope we match the hype.

Offline Chuck17

• The Shaun Grugg of OER
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #19 on: September 06, 2010, 07:53:58 PM »
Can someone slap that stirring tiger on the rs with a bit of 4x2

Offline tiger till i die

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #20 on: September 06, 2010, 08:48:25 PM »

It was just such a simple and inspired concept: Take a bag of footy's along to the zoo, chuck them in the Tigers enclosure, and use the footage of him tearing them to pieces. Brilliant!
Is there a way to see the sample?

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #21 on: September 06, 2010, 09:03:40 PM »

Here it is:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oK5OU7R-O5E

It was the ad for the 1994 membership
All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd

Offline Stripes

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #22 on: September 07, 2010, 11:38:09 AM »

Here it is:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oK5OU7R-O5E

It was the ad for the 1994 membership

Any footage of the 'snippet' shown from this year?

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #23 on: September 07, 2010, 12:01:22 PM »

Not at the moment

It was shown at the B&F (as I said previously it lasted 30 seconds) as a bit of "treat"

Will be released in full once they launch the membership campaign
"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Offline Stripes

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #24 on: September 07, 2010, 01:03:13 PM »

Not at the moment

It was shown at the B&F (as I said previously it lasted 30 seconds) as a bit of "treat"

Will be released in full once they launch the membership campaign

Oh well - worth asking anyway.  :P Thanks  :thumbsup

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #25 on: September 07, 2010, 01:05:45 PM »
From the Richmond_FC twitter page:

Q. When can we renew memberships?

A: We're looking at mid-october, we'll send out all details via web or email shortly.

Offline Tigermad20011

• Future Richmond star
« Reply #26 on: September 07, 2010, 07:48:51 PM »
I love the new slogan....10/10.

Its an inspired and appropriate choice.
Did we even have one this year.

Offline Owl

• Magnificent Bastard
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Bring me TWO chickens
« Reply #27 on: September 08, 2010, 07:12:20 AM »
What was the Tiger doing this year?  Hmm, well we ditched 14 players and next year the Tiger is stirring..... so it must of been... "The Tiger has evacuated it's bowel and is having a kip...Get on board 2009"
Lots of people name their swords......

Offline MADTIGER2010

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #28 on: September 08, 2010, 01:37:42 PM »
I hope the club post the memberships out in October before we pay. To activate the code, we just have to pay for it. That's how the Hawks do it anyway  8)

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
Membership Survey Results (RFC)
« Reply #29 on: September 17, 2010, 04:17:10 PM »
Membership Survey Results:

In early 2010, several focus groups for members were facilitated by the Club. At the conclusion of these focus groups, an online survey was e-mailed out to all members, who had a correct e-mail address, enabling them to provide valuable feedback to the Club.

The primary focus of the survey was to seek feedback on the Club’s “Reward & Recognition” (R&R) program. The R&R program provides rewards in the way of caps, scarves, key rings and invites to special member functions, for RFC members who have maintained their membership over extended periods.

This program has been in place for quite a few years now and, while the program is seen as vitally important, it does come at a significant cost to the Club. Therefore, it was important for the Club to identify ways to improve the program and, potentially, save money on elements of the program that were not seen as important to our members.

The following is a summary of the research outcomes:

Reward & Recognition

• 29% of members said they wanted the (R&R) to remain as it is currently, with the choice of a cap or scarf.
• 33% said they would prefer a $10 voucher to the Tiger Den to contribute towards purchasing something of their own choice.
• 12% were unsure of what they wanted.
• 26% said they would prefer the Club saved the money and put it towards improving resources within the football department.

There was a 37% response rate to the survey, which is incredible. Clearly, the results are from a strong cross-section of Richmond members.

As a result of this feedback, the Club will offer all members a choice in 2011. Members, who are entitled under the R&R program, can have their choice of:
1. Cap or scarf
2. $10 voucher to the Tiger Den
3. Elect to leave the money with the Club, to be invested into football department resources.

Recognition of membership on merchandise

Research also indicated that recognition of consecutive years of membership was important, however, not necessary with regards to merchandise. This is an important point as research also indicated that members, who are new to the Club, found it intimidating to wear merchandise that highlighted they had been members for only a limited time therefore making them feel less important.

As a result of this feedback, recognition of consecutive years of membership will be removed from caps and scarves and recognised on lanyards and membership cards.

In the focus groups, another suggestion was made that long-term members should have the ability to purchase quality merchandise, made available only to members within that membership category. As a result of that feedback, the merchandise team are developing a range of Gold, Platinum and Yellow & Black jackets that will be available only to members of those specific categories. The success or otherwise of this range of clothing will be measured and assessed in 2011.

Membership Moratorium

The Club also investigated the possibility of a moratorium, whereby former members could return and have their previous years of financial membership recognised. In effect, this meant that someone who was a member in 2006, 2007 and 2008, could come back to the Club in 2011 and, rather than being recognised as a first-year member, they would receive fourth-year member recognition.

The Club was considering a moratorium for 2011, however, feedback from the survey indicated that only 63% of members were fully supportive, with 17% opposed. The remaining 20% were undecided. That figure of 17% was seen as to high to make such a decision and, as a result, the moratorium will not go ahead.

http://www.richmondfc.com.au/portals/0/richmond_docs/survey.pdf