Author Topic: THE MATTHEW NEWTON MEDAL.  (Read 3655 times)

Ramps

Re: THE MATTHEW NEWTON MEDAL.
« Reply #45 on: August 26, 2010, 03:26:53 PM »
lol Im paying Daniel that one for best use of the monkey phonics system I have ever seen lol I think I shat my pants a bit laughing

I agree with Owl, Dan wins on the manaja twa spelling job lol.

Offline Owl

• Magnificent Bastard
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Bring me TWO chickens
« Reply #46 on: August 26, 2010, 03:32:10 PM »
Well Ramps in all fairness, French is his second language lol
Lots of people name their swords......

Ramps

« Reply #47 on: August 26, 2010, 03:33:24 PM »
Well Ramps in all fairness, French is his second language lol

in all fairness I would have spelt it the same because I couldnt be stuffed looking it up  ;D

Ox

« Reply #48 on: August 26, 2010, 03:34:34 PM »
i enjoyed the Ozbonics too.

FNM

« Reply #49 on: August 30, 2010, 10:19:26 PM »
Watched the Current Affair interview with Patti and Bert and felt sorry for them for the most part.  Clearly shattered. But right at the end, Patti said the reason they were doing the interview was because Bert has had a 60 year career in showbiz and she didn't want to see him remembered for this incident. Can't imagine anyone blaming Bert for his psycho son, but interesting comment  ???  Did they do it for themselves or their son?
Not sure what to make of why they did it, but it was a good interview.

Offline Owl

• Magnificent Bastard
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Bring me TWO chickens
« Reply #50 on: August 31, 2010, 08:55:48 AM »
Heart wrenching.  The tale of the successful Television celebs spoilt brat going bad.  I am trying to squeeze out some tears but its not working.  Don't get sucked into Moonfaces spin FNM, he is a cunning old operator from way back, he is one of Australia's television pioneers and knows just how to tug those heart strings.  He will be more worried about not being loved by the grey set than the fact his son is a little stuff.
Lots of people name their swords......

Offline Infamy

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #51 on: August 31, 2010, 11:17:56 AM »
The whole "fell in with a bad crowd" comment from them is a massive cop out.
I've never met a bad crowd that teaches you to beat up your girlfriend/finance.
In fact even the worst crowd will look down on that and often you will face some repercussions by people your own size, or much bigger.

FNM

« Reply #52 on: August 31, 2010, 12:16:25 PM »
Heart wrenching.  The tale of the successful Television celebs spoilt brat going bad.  I am trying to squeeze out some tears but its not working.  Don't get sucked into Moonfaces spin FNM, he is a cunning old operator from way back, he is one of Australia's television pioneers and knows just how to tug those heart strings.  He will be more worried about not being loved by the grey set than the fact his son is a little eff.
No, I'm not getting sucked in. Bert lost me years ago when he whinged and moaned when he lost his job at Nine that all the good jobs were going to younger people.  FFS, he'd had a 40 year career at Nine and he was stale.  Still is.
His facelifts give me nightmares lol
As for his wife, well, she's just plain nauseatingly nice, I can't stand her  :lol
And the children are a reflection of them, just spoilt little brats who live off their father's name and get jobs because of it.

Online Francois Jackson

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #53 on: August 31, 2010, 12:43:10 PM »
comedy at its best last night.

FNM was right on the money. The last line was the most interesting.

"Berts Career to be remembered by what the son has done" I said to the mrs last year there was something odd about that family and watching berts face last night further proved my point. That bloke has a face like the Bubble boy from Seinfeld.
In fact a cross between Bubble boy and Newman describes him to a tee

They looked like a couple trying to save a career as opposed to a couple trying to save their son. In fact why would they go on air if they really cared about their son or anything he did to those girls.

He has hit  girl before remember so why did they flex their muscles and he was allowed to walk. I have no sympathy for people who beat up on others.

They should lock him up and throw away the key. Bashing anyone u should get locked up full stop but girls what a eff-in loser.

Currently a member of the Roupies, and employed by the great man Roup.

Tigermonk

« Reply #54 on: August 31, 2010, 07:50:02 PM »
maybe they should have brought him up on plastic spoon  ;D Throw him in jail  ;D

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #55 on: August 31, 2010, 08:18:53 PM »
Watched the Current Affair interview with Patti and Bert and felt sorry for them for the most part.  Clearly shattered. But right at the end, Patti said the reason they were doing the interview was because Bert has had a 60 year career in showbiz and she didn't want to see him remembered for this incident. Can't imagine anyone blaming Bert for his psycho son, but interesting comment  ???  Did they do it for themselves or their son?
Not sure what to make of why they did it, but it was a good interview.
It was a weird comment by Patti and it did make them come across at least in part in trying to protect Bert's tv and public image rather than what should have been an interview focussed 100% on their psycho son's violence issues.
All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd