Author Topic: Kane Cornes' big Richmond questions ahead of 2023 (SEN)  (Read 2199 times)

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
Kane Cornes' big Richmond questions ahead of 2023 (SEN)
« on: December 23, 2022, 05:16:14 PM »
KANE CORNES' BIG QUESTIONS AHEAD OF 2023

Does Dustin Martin want to play in the AFL in 2023?

Richmond sold the farm for Tim Taranto and Jacob Hopper. Will that be a good investment?

https://www.sen.com.au/news/2022/12/22/kane-cornes-18-big-afl-questions-ahead-of-2023/

Offline georgies31

• RFC Hall of Fame
Re: Kane Cornes' big Richmond questions ahead of 2023 (SEN)
« Reply #1 on: December 23, 2022, 06:40:22 PM »
Lol what did Port do to get JHF mind you a big sooky.

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #2 on: December 24, 2022, 08:11:17 AM »
KANE CORNES' BIG QUESTIONS AHEAD OF 2023

Does Dustin Martin want to play in the AFL in 2023?
If Dusty didn't want to play in the AFL in 2023 then why is he doing preseason training Kane with a smile on his face?!  :facepalm

All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd

Offline Hard Roar Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #3 on: December 24, 2022, 08:30:31 AM »
I am presuming he asks questions of various clubs over the summer to secure content for his radio show?
On that basis, both are valid questions.
“I find it nearly impossible to make those judgments, but he is certainly up there with the really important ones, he is certainly up there with the Francis Bourkes and the Royce Harts and the Kevin Bartlett and the Kevin Sheedys, there is no doubt about that,” Balme said.

Offline the claw

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #4 on: December 24, 2022, 11:45:19 PM »
Reckon a more pertinant and reasonable question would be, will dusty get back to somewhere near his best or has father time caught him up a bit.

As for selling farm i think they all forget we bought in a pick 2 at age 24  and a pick 7 at  age 25. So instead of bringing in  kids who would have had to do a three or four year development period for the long haul if we got the picks right we bought in two ready to go players for the medium haul and know we have two proven very good players.

My only question about this with the age of the premiership players was it the right thing to do.

What we did was Very similar to what we did with Prestia who was originally a pick 9 and we got him at age 24 for pick 7 and a future second and have had 6 good seasons from him and counting.
The difference with Prestia and will add the Nankervis and Caddy gets in 2016,  was the age of our list and better players in 2016 compared to now with Taranto and Hopper coming with most of  our better players aging..

While i tend to focus on the negative even i can manage to acknowledge the positives that come out of these things

We effectively have lost picks 12, 19 31 and future first imo  at worst a pick around  12 at best a  pick around 18.
For what effectively is  picks  2, 7 but mature medium term players  and  53 Smith  and 63 Green.

My hope was we would facilitate a few trades and get back into the draft which we all know did not happen.

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #5 on: November 24, 2023, 02:24:43 PM »
Cornes today revisited his questions from earlier in the year.

Q: Does Dustin Martin want to play in the AFL in 2023?

Cornes: “I was questioning Dustin Martn’s motivation… he certainly did (want to play) and had an excellent season and looks like he wants to play far beyond 2024.”

Q: Richmond sold the farm for Tim Taranto and Jacob Hopper. Will that be a good investment?

Cornes: “I think the jury is out because there’s still six years left on the two of those contracts.”

https://www.sen.com.au/news/2023/11/23/kane-cornes-asked-18-burning-questions-for-2023-now-weve-got-answers/