Author Topic: Bachar Houli [merged]  (Read 333538 times)

Offline Yeahright

• RFC Hall of Fame
Re: Bachar Houli [merged]
« Reply #1365 on: July 06, 2019, 03:48:08 PM »
I reckon I have been pretty consistent over the years on players I don’t rate and pretty consistent why.
Beliis from almost his first game, Houli in the last 3 or 4 years and to a lesser extent Grigg.
The first 2 are as soft as I have ever seen at AFL level. Ever!

So I reckon if I see things I feel are soft I’ll say it and I do not see it with Short. Not even a little bit.

Ellis poos me in a weird way that yes he’s soft. But then he goes back with the flight and takes good marks at times or at least spoils (like today)

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #1366 on: July 16, 2019, 12:33:39 PM »
Houli again was one of the best for Richmond, in its 27-point victory over Greater Western Sydney at the MCG last Sunday, racking up a team-high 30 disposals, along with five inside-50s, eight marks and 647 metres gained.

It was the sixth time in his 13 games this season that Houli has had 30 disposals or more.

To underline the important run-and-carry Houli consistently provides the Tigers’ team with, he is ranked third competition-wide for total bounces.

He’s also ranked seventh for metres gained per game, ninth for effective disposals per game, and 10th for uncontested possessions per game.

Read more: https://www.richmondfc.com.au/news/2019-07-15/houli-keeps-on-running

Dougeytherichmondfan

« Reply #1367 on: July 16, 2019, 12:37:11 PM »
He was allowed total free reign of the half back.

Leon Cameron admitted at quarter time they weren't going to try and negate him at all for the rest of the game, despite his impact.

I sincerely doubt he'll be allowed that kind of freedom going forward.

Offline big tone

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #1368 on: July 16, 2019, 07:23:52 PM »
Houli again was one of the best for Richmond, in its 27-point victory over Greater Western Sydney at the MCG last Sunday, racking up a team-high 30 disposals, along with five inside-50s, eight marks and 647 metres gained.

It was the sixth time in his 13 games this season that Houli has had 30 disposals or more.

To underline the important run-and-carry Houli consistently provides the Tigers’ team with, he is ranked third competition-wide for total bounces.

He’s also ranked seventh for metres gained per game, ninth for effective disposals per game, and 10th for uncontested possessions per game.

Read more: https://www.richmondfc.com.au/news/2019-07-15/houli-keeps-on-running
No mention of his man, a first gamer, kicking a third of their entire score and getting in their best players??
He is a backman after all....

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
Re: Bachar Houli - 200th game [merged]
« Reply #1370 on: July 21, 2019, 01:23:10 PM »
Houli plays his 200th against the Pies on Friday night  :clapping.

Essendon (2007-10)     26
Richmond (2011-19*) 174*
---------------------------------
Total                         200*

He's statistically having his best year by far averaging 28 disposals per game. He racked up another 28 yesterday against Port.

https://afltables.com/afl/stats/players/B/Bachar_Houli.html

Offline big tone

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #1371 on: July 21, 2019, 04:07:31 PM »
Houli plays his 200th against the Pies on Friday night  :clapping.

Essendon (2007-10)     26
Richmond (2011-19*) 174*
---------------------------------
Total                         200*

He's statistically having his best year by far averaging 28 disposals per game. He racked up another 28 yesterday against Port.

https://afltables.com/afl/stats/players/B/Bachar_Houli.html
Serious question

Do kick ins after a point is scored count to the kickers stats when they run out of the square?

Offline Assange Tiger 😎

• Bong Lord
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Leader Of AT's Outsiders
« Reply #1372 on: July 21, 2019, 04:43:05 PM »
Yep.

That is literally why his stats are so high. Up to this point I thought I was the only person who had recognised it while people in the media keep writing about how good his year has been... :shh
I work in Africa and they were taking the pee out of me for saving Africa.......
"Living the dream ,not as a slave to the system. If that makes me a tosser, then I'm a proud tosser... I have plenty of time to toss"

Offline Owl

• Magnificent Bastard
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Bring me TWO chickens
« Reply #1373 on: July 21, 2019, 09:06:46 PM »
Blessings be upon the bearded one !
Lots of people name their swords......

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #1374 on: July 24, 2019, 03:01:40 PM »
You could, in fact, mount a case that Houli is playing the best football of his AFL career this season.

He is averaging averaging 27.9 disposals, 6.0 marks and 5.0 rebound-50s per game.

And, to underline the important run-and-carry Houli consistently provides Richmond’s team with, he is ranked second in the competition for bounces. He’s also ranked 10th for uncontested possessions per game, 12th for metres gained per game and 19th for disposals per game.

Six times in his 14 games this season, Houli has racked up 30 disposals or more, with an AFL career-high 38 touches against North Melbourne at Marvel Stadium in Round 11.

Read more: https://www.richmondfc.com.au/news/2019-07-24/major-afl-milestone-for-houli

Offline Diocletian

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Proud Gang of Four member #albomustgo
« Reply #1375 on: July 24, 2019, 03:48:34 PM »
The Kick-In King... :shh
"Much of the social history of the Western world, over the past three decades, has been a history of replacing what worked with what sounded good...."

- Thomas Sowell

FJ is the only one that makes sense.

Offline Assange Tiger 😎

• Bong Lord
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #1376 on: July 24, 2019, 03:53:05 PM »
I mean, look at what the courageous Outsiders Leader has been saying.......:shh :shh
I work in Africa and they were taking the pee out of me for saving Africa.......
"Living the dream ,not as a slave to the system. If that makes me a tosser, then I'm a proud tosser... I have plenty of time to toss"

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #1377 on: July 24, 2019, 08:59:35 PM »
He is 2nd on the comp for bounces because he runs 5 metres and 8 times out of 10 and bounces the thing

Meaningless stat IMO
"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Offline Assange Tiger 😎

• Bong Lord
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #1378 on: July 24, 2019, 09:02:26 PM »
:shh

Offline Owl

• Magnificent Bastard
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Bring me TWO chickens
« Reply #1379 on: July 25, 2019, 02:28:02 PM »
Shaddap you pack of infidels, Bachar is my man, he is just smart enough to focus on what needs to be done and not get his magnificent beard all mussed up for no good reason, may a thousand virgin mobile phones await him in valhalla.
Lots of people name their swords......