Author Topic: Grand Final Tickets..  (Read 2562 times)

Offline Francois Jackson

• RFC Hall of Fame
Grand Final Tickets..
« on: September 20, 2010, 04:17:20 PM »
I cant believe how many friends i suddenly calling me up asking me if i know anyone who can get tickets.

I have 2 guys prepared to pay $1000 maybe more if anyone has a spare.

Gee i hope the Saints pull it off, i really do. it would almost be worth paying the money just to see Joffa's face..
Currently a member of the Roupies, and employed by the great man Roup.

Offline 2JD

• RFC Hall of Fame
Re: Grand Final Tickets..
« Reply #1 on: September 20, 2010, 06:09:46 PM »
I was going for the Saints too...then I saw Milne on the back of the HUN......

Offline cub

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • "Tigertime!"
    • bantigertrade
« Reply #2 on: September 20, 2010, 06:18:35 PM »
I can't bring myself to go - gunna give it a miss.

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #3 on: September 21, 2010, 01:50:50 AM »
I cant believe how many friends i suddenly calling me up asking me if i know anyone who can get tickets.

On the news last night they had offers of at least $2500

I'm probably being a sucker lol but this is why I'm dopey enough to pay that annual $77 for a guaranteed RFC grand final ticket. To miss out after waiting all these years for us to just play in a Granny would be spewing.
All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd

Offline Francois Jackson

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #4 on: September 21, 2010, 11:50:04 AM »

On the news last night they had offers of at least $2500

I'm probably being a sucker lol but this is why I'm dopey enough to pay that annual $77 for a guaranteed RFC grand final ticket. To miss out after waiting all these years for us to just play in a Granny would be spewing.

These once a year footy lovers who dont even have a membershp now all of a sudden want one. Give me a spell :banghead :banghead

I have just bought 2 for my brother and a friend. Geelong Corporate tickets for $1400bux each.

IMO they are very lucky to have got em for that price.

Now for a Saints win  :pray :pray :pray :pray

Offline cub

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • "Tigertime!"
    • bantigertrade
« Reply #5 on: September 22, 2010, 07:31:42 PM »
going again  :help lots of this  :cheers me thinks

jackstar is back again

« Reply #6 on: September 22, 2010, 09:12:12 PM »
i am there too, have to do the breaky lunch thing, mighten be any room for :cheers,lol

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #7 on: September 23, 2010, 12:01:35 AM »
It pathetic that we have a 100k seat stadium and each year only a quarter of the capacity will be filled by both competing clubs' supporters if we're lucky. So if we ever make it only about 11k out of 42k+ members will get a ticket  ::).

Offline cub

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • "Tigertime!"
    • bantigertrade
« Reply #8 on: September 23, 2010, 12:15:11 AM »
So if we ever make it only about 11k out of 42k+ members will get a ticket  ::).

And I will be one - currently have 3 avenues so will not be missing when we make the big dance.

And I agree it is not right at all .....

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #9 on: September 23, 2010, 12:39:19 AM »
So if we ever make it only about 11k out of 42k+ members will get a ticket  ::).

And I will be one - currently have 3 avenues so will not be missing when we make the big dance.

I'm in the same boat CUB. I'm a sucker lol paying the GF guarantee. As you say it still doesn't make it right that other RFC members who have stood by the club by going to games through the last 30 losing years will not be able to get a ticket to the GF when we eventually get there and enjoy the success.

Offline Penelope

• Internet nuffer and sooky jellyfish
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #10 on: September 23, 2010, 07:34:29 AM »
I dont think that makes you a sucker MT, although in saying thatI didnt purchase one this year and am doubtful to do so next year.  :-[ Given that so many club members miss out if their team makes the last week it's a pretty good option. Attending a GF that your team is in could be a once in a lifetime opportunity so to pay to guarantee a ticket is not silly. If we don't make it it's simple a donation to the club so the money is not wasted.

Does anyone know if there is a limit to the number of GF guarantees they sell?
“For My thoughts are not your thoughts,
Nor are your ways my ways,” says the Lord.

“For as the heavens are higher than the earth,
So are my ways higher than your ways,
And my thoughts than your thoughts."

Yahweh? or the great Clawski?

yaw rehto eht dellorcs ti fi daer ot reisae eb dluow tI

Offline Francois Jackson

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #11 on: September 23, 2010, 08:25:29 AM »

Yep.
I will always have 2 memberships as long as im alive. AFL and Club membership. One membership wont guarantee you a GF ticket. Its pathetic really and the AFL make millions by offloading these tickets to the highest bidder.

I like MT would dont ever want to go into a grand final not being able to get tickets.

Could you imagine a Collingwood/Richmond/Carlton Granny. Tickets would be almost impossible to get.

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #12 on: September 25, 2010, 12:15:06 AM »
I dont think that makes you a sucker MT, although in saying thatI didnt purchase one this year and am doubtful to do so next year.  :-[ Given that so many club members miss out if their team makes the last week it's a pretty good option. Attending a GF that your team is in could be a once in a lifetime opportunity so to pay to guarantee a ticket is not silly. If we don't make it it's simple a donation to the club so the money is not wasted.

I haven't heard of any cap on the GF guarantees al but I'd presume once we start making finals and supporters realise us making a GF is a real possibility then the Club will need to have a cap. That'll probably jack up the price of it as well due to supply-demand :-\.

ps. We had played in 4 GFs by the time I was 9. It's been stuff all ever since lol.

jackstar is back again

« Reply #13 on: September 25, 2010, 06:05:36 AM »
have a solution to grand final tickets, with RFC, just upgrade your membership package and enjoy the spolis of going to the footy each week. As WP does :thumbsup :gotigers

Offline Penelope

• Internet nuffer and sooky jellyfish
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #14 on: September 25, 2010, 07:32:57 AM »

I haven't heard of any cap on the GF guarantees al but I'd presume once we start making finals and supporters realise us making a GF is a real possibility then the Club will need to have a cap. That'll probably jack up the price of it as well due to supply-demand :-\.

ps. We had played in 4 GFs by the time I was 9. It's been stuff all ever since lol.

I hear you there. I was 11 in 80 so I do remeber it but was not really old enough to appreciate it for what it was. As for the other 3 when i existed, i know they happened because the history books say so.
“For My thoughts are not your thoughts,
Nor are your ways my ways,” says the Lord.

“For as the heavens are higher than the earth,
So are my ways higher than your ways,
And my thoughts than your thoughts."

Yahweh? or the great Clawski?

yaw rehto eht dellorcs ti fi daer ot reisae eb dluow tI