Author Topic: Official Delistings  (Read 6359 times)

Offline Stripes

• RFC Hall of Fame
Re: Official Delistings
« Reply #30 on: October 15, 2010, 11:01:33 AM »
well that was very much needed, well done tiges

Just dissapointed we're wasting 2 rookie spots on Hislop and Miller.

Can you imagine if Tuck, White, Graham & King didn't save/extend their careers this season?  it would have been 15 changes - 29 changes in 2 seasons yikes!  :o

A bit of perspective for those who sometimes get ahead of themselves as to where this club is at

Good post. Istill think that people are judging the club's decision to take Miller and Hislop in the rookie draft is a bit harsh. I think if it was an uncompromised draft this criticism would be justified but given the diluted draft I think their inclusion is more than valid. While the talent pool in considered excellent this year in the early rounds, clubs are concerned about finding players in the later stages of the Nation Draft. By the time the PSD is finished the pickings will be incredibly slim come the Rookie Draft. Any players we would take in the 3rd and 4th rounds of the rookie draft would not even be speculative, they would be a waste if time and resources. At least with Hislop and Miller we can fill any holes for the short term until the draft is untampered with once again.

Godd delistings IMHO  :thumbsup

Stripes

Offline Heart of Darkness

• Premiership Captain
« Reply #31 on: October 15, 2010, 12:34:24 PM »
well that was very much needed, well done tiges

Just dissapointed we're wasting 2 rookie spots on Hislop and Miller.

Can you imagine if Tuck, White, Graham & King didn't save/extend their careers this season?  it would have been 15 changes - 29 changes in 2 seasons yikes!  :o

A bit of perspective for those who sometimes get ahead of themselves as to where this club is at

Couldn't agree more. These were terrific delistings and all part of the cleansing process but as i said earlier i still think another 8-9 will/need to go.

With the new interchange rules and the possibility of us drafting a ruckman i think there is a good chance that either graham or browne will be gone next year. Know that may sound harsh as they are both young but i dont think that both can remain on the list. Nahas seems like an obvious to go unless things change drastically. White, Farmer, King and Thursfield will need to perform i believe next year to consolidate their place on the list. Hislop and Miller (if they are indeed rookied) could be gone next year and some of the other rookies will need to perform to remain. Mcguane and Rance could potentially be traded (as i think they may have some currency, even if it aint much) if Gourdis, Grimes and Astbury continue to develop in the backline so i think it is very easy to see how at least another 8-9 could potentially be gone next year.

Still a long way to go indeed.

Offline Dice

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #32 on: October 15, 2010, 04:58:30 PM »
All up 11 changes this time around. Hardwick has done a terrific job cleaning out the list. thats 50%-60% in the space of about 13 months.

yep spot on ramps

and polo has paid the price for opening his mouth too much early in the season and having major attitude issues
What a load of rubbish that is !  He paid the price for not being able to get a game in a bottom team coz he's no good...simple
Tanking has put the club where it's at - Paul Roos

gerkin greg

« Reply #33 on: October 15, 2010, 05:18:10 PM »
Hey Pee Pee i think the link to your avatar is broken.

Offline Carvels Ring

• Premiership Captain
« Reply #34 on: October 15, 2010, 05:51:19 PM »
The new whippping boy is the same as the old whipping boy - Luke McGuane

Offline tdy

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #35 on: October 15, 2010, 06:04:41 PM »
Great delisting but I dont think people should get ahead of themselves, just because we have got rid of a bunch of players that couldn't do it for us, doesn't mean the young kids we have can.  

Drafting is a weeding process and we should draft as many new kids for as much possible talent as we can and weed out those who can't.  We aren't in any kind of finals shape and wont be so for 2 or 3 years at best.  

From last years draft of 14 new faces, we have already lost 1.  I would not be surprised if we lose 6 more in the next 2-3 years as it becomes obvious they can't perform at AFL level.  That would be a %50 hit rate which is about average.  

From this years 11 (I really do hope we take 11 new faces and not 9) we will keep about 5, with half a dozen or so originals, 7 from last year and 5 from this year in 2 years we could have a competitive team.  

I still think we will need this years and the next two years drafts to go well too.

We are so far away from being finals competitive at the moment, only 3 players have player 100+ games and 13 in total 50+, lets not get ahead of ourselves.  

TigerTimeII

« Reply #36 on: October 15, 2010, 06:26:37 PM »
All up 11 changes this time around. Hardwick has done a terrific job cleaning out the list. thats 50%-60% in the space of about 13 months.

yep spot on ramps

and polo has paid the price for opening his mouth too much early in the season and having major attitude issues
What a load of rubbish that is !  He paid the price for not being able to get a game in a bottom team coz he's no good...simple

shows how much u know, sweet FA

Offline Judge Roughneck

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Sir
« Reply #37 on: October 15, 2010, 06:33:05 PM »
Inwould much rather giving relton Roberts another chance

ahead of getting brad miller  >:(

Hellenic Tiger

« Reply #38 on: October 15, 2010, 07:10:08 PM »

That's funny. :rollin

Roberts aint coming back to Punt Rd.

TigerTimeII

« Reply #39 on: October 15, 2010, 07:27:21 PM »

That's funny. :rollin

Roberts aint coming back to Punt Rd.

Offline Francois Jackson

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #40 on: October 15, 2010, 07:49:14 PM »

yep spot on ramps

shows how much u know, sweet FA

this the same bloke who thought "Dimma had a role earmarked for Tambo all year hence the way he performed all year"

Give me a spell i been reading your crap and it is you pal who has NFI

Currently a member of the Roupies, and employed by the great man Roup.

Offline MADTIGER2010

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #41 on: October 15, 2010, 08:24:29 PM »
I've seen nothing about hislop being rookied. I've just heard a rumour

gerkin greg

« Reply #42 on: October 15, 2010, 08:46:56 PM »
yeah some wink wink coterie insider types in love with his pecks have been jizzing that rumour all over the internet since Hissy went under the knife mid-season  ;) ;) ;)

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #43 on: October 16, 2010, 02:22:18 AM »
Great delisting but I dont think people should get ahead of themselves, just because we have got rid of a bunch of players that couldn't do it for us, doesn't mean the young kids we have can.  

Drafting is a weeding process and we should draft as many new kids for as much possible talent as we can and weed out those who can't.  We aren't in any kind of finals shape and wont be so for 2 or 3 years at best.  

From last years draft of 14 new faces, we have already lost 1.  I would not be surprised if we lose 6 more in the next 2-3 years as it becomes obvious they can't perform at AFL level.  That would be a %50 hit rate which is about average.  

From this years 11 (I really do hope we take 11 new faces and not 9) we will keep about 5, with half a dozen or so originals, 7 from last year and 5 from this year in 2 years we could have a competitive team.  

I still think we will need this years and the next two years drafts to go well too.

We are so far away from being finals competitive at the moment, only 3 players have player 100+ games and 13 in total 50+, lets not get ahead of ourselves.  

Top post tidyman  :clapping  :thumbsup. I agree we are a fair way away from finals. Not sure where Craig Cameron gets 2012 from  ???.

The problem in the past is we've not only been well below the 50% hit rate but we've compounded the problem by having/using so few picks on kids to begin with :-\. Hopefully using 7 ND picks last year and 5 ND picks this year (with one up our sleeve for the future) are of sign we're starting to understand how to use the National draft properly. It of course could've been much better if we had tanked (less than 4 wins in each of 2009-10) and collected another top 4 and top 20 pick ;).

For mine if you gain 3 best 22 players from one draft then your on par. Anything below that is a shocker. Gaining 4 best 22 players is a good draft and 5+ is an excellent draft (such as Geelong in 1999, 2001 and the Pies in 2006). You also want to find at least one A-grader per year in that lot. So going through our list ...

2000 - FAIL
Chris Newman - National Draft (No.53)

2001 - FAIL ..... so much for the superdraft  :P

2002 - FAIL
Kelvin Moore – Rookie Draft (No.3) – promoted to senior list 2004

2003 - PAR  :o. .....Foley being injured though has hurt us.
Daniel Jackson – National Draft (No.53)
Shane Tuck - National Draft (No.71)
Nathan Foley – Rookie Draft (No.4) – promoted to senior list 2005

2004 - FAIL ....Lids is A-grade but Thursty and McGuane on borrowed time for mine. All those other picks goneski  :P
Brett Deledio – National Draft (No.1)
Luke McGuane - National Draft (No.36)
Will Thursfield – Rookie Draft (No.1) – promoted to senior list 2005

2005 - FAIL ...... just 3 picks in the ND was pathetic for a club meant to be rebuilding.
Matthew White – Pre-Season Draft (No.5)
Angus Graham – Rookie Draft (No.5) – promoted to senior list 2008

2006 - PAR-ish .... Jack is A-grade but jury still out on the rest. Kingy on borrowed time for mine despite his year
Jack Riewoldt – National Draft (No.13)
Shane Edwards – National Draft (No.26)
Daniel Connors – National Draft (No.58)
Jake King – Rookie Draft (No.24) - promoted to senior list 2007

2007 ..... Cotch has the ability to be A-grade. Need at least two of the other 3 to make it to score a PAR.
Mitch Morton - Exchange period (traded by West Coast)
Trent Cotchin – National Draft (No.2)
Alex Rance – National Draft (No.18 )
David Gourdis - Pre-Season Draft (No.1)

2008 ..... Jury still out on TV, Postie and Browne as talls take longer to develop. Nahas will be lucky to survive this time next year. Tempting to give it a FAIL just for the fact that there's only 4 left just two years later and only 2 picks on kids in the National draft was a disgrace  ::).
Tyrone Vickery - National Draft (No.8 )
Jayden Post - National Draft (No. 26)
Robin Nahas - Rookie Draft (No.8 )
Andrew Browne - Rookie Draft (No.39)

2009 ..... Too early to tell after just one year. Has the potential to be our only above-par to excellent draft of the past decade. No guarantees at this stage though. Here's hoping we get 5+ best-22ers and even a couple of future A-graders from this group
Mitch Farmer - Exchange period (traded by Port Adelaide)
Dustin Martin - National Draft (No.3)
Ben Griffiths - National Draft (No.19)
David Astbury - National Draft (No.35)
Matthew Dea - National Draft (No.44)
Troy Taylor - National Draft (No.51)
Jeromey Webberley - National Draft (No.67)
Ben Nason - National Draft (No.71)
Dylan Grimes - Pre-Season Draft (No.2)
Robbie Hicks - Rookie Draft (No.7)
Pat Contin - Rookie Draft (No.23)
Nick Westhoff - Rookie Draft (No.51)
Jamie O'Reilly - Rookie Draft (No.70)

2010 ..... yet to conclude. At least we'll have 5 picks in the ND
Shaun Grigg - Exchange period (traded by Carlton)
All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd

Offline H Tiger

• Premiership Captain
  • Tigers the biggest hunter
« Reply #44 on: October 16, 2010, 02:47:33 AM »
We have de-listed/retired 5 players who were originally taken from opposition clubs - Thomson, Hislop, Polak, Cuz and Simmonds.

Cuz is the only clear win from the group, the foreign legion approach has not worked for 10 years.

Actually Simmonds was an excellent pick-up and the only reason Cuz is more of a win is positive PR which cost nothing at the trade table.

* He was needed when traded for, we had just lost the Donut to Geelong.

* We got him by sending Fiora to St Kilda (genius)

* He had an almost All Australian season in 2006 and another good season in 2008.

The fact is we gave him too long a contract and he was injured too often in his time for the Tiges. But are either of those his fault?