Author Topic: Official Delistings  (Read 6411 times)

Online wayne

• Fame of Hall
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • In Absentia
Official Delistings
« on: October 14, 2010, 05:03:49 PM »
Richmond list changes

Richmond has trimmed its playing list after the completion of the 2010 trade period.

During the trade period, Richard Tambling and Andrew Collins moved to Adelaide and Carlton respectively, while Shaun Grigg arrived at Punt Road from Carlton.

Ben Cousins, Graham Polak and Troy Simmonds all announced their retirements in 2010.

Tom Hislop, Jordan McMahon, Dean Polo, Adam Thomson, Relton Roberts and rookie Alroy Gilligan have been delisted.

The Tigers return to training in early November, ahead of the 2010 National Draft on November 18.

http://www.richmondfc.com.au/news/newsarticle/tabid/6301/newsid/104150/default.aspx
And you may not think I care for you
When you know down inside that I really do

Offline Muscles

• RFC Hall of Fame
Re: Official Delistings
« Reply #1 on: October 14, 2010, 05:13:17 PM »
This looks like a clean out of nine midfield type places on the list
1.  Bling
2.  Collo
3.  Cuz
4.  Sloppy
5.  Jordie
6.  Deano
7.  Thomson
8.  Relton
9.  Gilligan

We already have Grigg.  Assuming that Houli gets to RFC (wonders why) and that Sloppy gets rookied, is it reasonable to think that we will be looking for at least six mids and, say, two talls in the ND and rookie drafts?

Ramps

« Reply #2 on: October 14, 2010, 05:22:49 PM »
All up 11 changes this time around. Hardwick has done a terrific job cleaning out the list. thats 50%-60% in the space of about 13 months.

TigerTimeII

« Reply #3 on: October 14, 2010, 05:28:57 PM »
All up 11 changes this time around. Hardwick has done a terrific job cleaning out the list. thats 50%-60% in the space of about 13 months.

yep spot on ramps

and polo has paid the price for opening his mouth too much early in the season and having major attitude issues

Offline Heart of Darkness

• Premiership Captain
« Reply #4 on: October 14, 2010, 05:37:10 PM »
Well done Hardwick and the football dept. I would think another cleanout of 8-9 next year and we will have turned our list over and should have the core list capable of playing finals footy for many years.

Offline torch

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • 28YrM&8YrMRC 🏆🏆🏆 ‘17, ‘19-‘20; 2 x Attendee 🐯
« Reply #5 on: October 14, 2010, 07:05:30 PM »
Richmond has trimmed its playing list after the completion of the 2010 trade period.

During the trade period, Richard Tambling and Andrew Collins moved to Adelaide and Carlton respectively, while Shaun Grigg arrived at Punt Road from Carlton.

Ben Cousins, Graham Polak and Troy Simmonds all announced their retirements in 2010.

Tom Hislop, Jordan McMahon, Dean Polo, Adam Thomson, Relton Roberts and rookie Alroy Gilligan have been delisted.

The Tigers return to training in early November, ahead of the 2010 National Draft on November 18.

http://www.richmondfc.com.au/tabid/6301/default.aspx?newsid=104150
« Last Edit: October 14, 2010, 07:23:02 PM by torch »

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #6 on: October 14, 2010, 07:20:53 PM »
25 gone in the space of 12 months isn't it?

Agree X. It's all been downhill for Deano since making one of the best debuts and having one of worst hairstyles (leopard). In the end he just wasn't good enough. Not overtly, not highly skilled and never found a position on the ground to settle into.

Not Hardwick's fault but 5 of those 6 delistings were brought to the club in just the past 3 draft years. Rookies are always a risk but the other three were all recycled players who should never have been picked up in the first place. A 2nd, 3rd and 4th round picks down the drain. Almost a full drafts worth of decent picks :P.
All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd

Offline torch

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • 28YrM&8YrMRC 🏆🏆🏆 ‘17, ‘19-‘20; 2 x Attendee 🐯
« Reply #7 on: October 14, 2010, 07:28:32 PM »
all of them ... waste of time!

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #8 on: October 14, 2010, 07:30:51 PM »
7 spots now free on our senior list with Cuz, Simmo, Tambo, Collo, Jordie, Polo, Thomson, Hislop gone and Grigg coming in.

So that gives us 6 ND picks (6, 29, 46, 50, 63, 80) plus the PSD pick (Houli). Pick 80 will be used for a promoted rookie (Gourdis) so that's 5 live National draft picks.

4 spots on our rookie list are now free - Polak, Roberts, Gilligan, Gourdis (promoted) out. Hislop and Miller will take two of those four spots  ::). So two live rookie draft picks at 8 and 25.

All up that'll give us 9 new faces on our whole list for next year including Grigg and Houli.

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #9 on: October 14, 2010, 07:40:28 PM »
This looks like a clean out of nine midfield type places on the list
1.  Bling
2.  Collo
3.  Cuz
4.  Sloppy
5.  Jordie
6.  Deano
7.  Thomson
8.  Relton
9.  Gilligan

We already have Grigg.  Assuming that Houli gets to RFC (wonders why) and that Sloppy gets rookied, is it reasonable to think that we will be looking for at least six mids and, say, two talls in the ND and rookie drafts?
Cuz is the only genuine midfielder lost from that group. This seems to be a midfielders draft so I think you'll be right Muscles with us going for around 6 mids including Grigg and Houli. Although the latter two I wouldn't call genuine mids either  :-\. Hislop is another waste of a rookie spot.

TigerTimeII

« Reply #10 on: October 14, 2010, 07:59:17 PM »
hislop ::)

why why why did we ever get him

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #11 on: October 14, 2010, 08:00:48 PM »
and polo has paid the price for opening his mouth too much early in the season and having major attitude issues

That's very funny very funny indeed  :rollin :jump :jump
"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Offline MADTIGER2010

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #12 on: October 14, 2010, 08:12:38 PM »
Well done Hardwick and the football dept. I would think another cleanout of 8-9 next year and we will have turned our list over and should have the core list capable of playing finals footy for many years.

Highly doubt it. I'd say Nahas and Tuck will probably go next year and maybe White. Hard to write any others off

Online Francois Jackson

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #13 on: October 14, 2010, 08:21:19 PM »
These delistings or trades have really brought a smile to my face.

Never would i have imagined that all of Hislop, Tambling, Mcmuffin and Thomspson would all be gone at seasons end.

Hardwick is right on the money what a great job his doing with this list.

Hislop is a joke but that Thompson is something else. Honestly those recruiters must have been on ice or that Meow stuff for recruting him.

Currently a member of the Roupies, and employed by the great man Roup.

Hellenic Tiger

« Reply #14 on: October 14, 2010, 08:35:55 PM »
With a turnover of 25 players since he has arrived leaves only 20 players left from the full list both senior and rookie in 2009. Hardwick has turned over this list by somewhere in the vicinity of about 55-60%.  There could be another half dozen from that list at a minimum that may be in the firing line next year.

Newman Thursfield Deledio Riewoldt Cotchin
Edwards McGuane Rance Connors Morton
Tuck Jackson Graham Nahas King
Vickery White Post Moore Foley