Author Topic: SEN wanting Richmond to draft Brad Fisher  (Read 4838 times)

Offline mat073

• Perth's biggest tiger tragic.
  • RFC Hall of Fame
Re: SEN wanting Richmond to draft Brad Fisher
« Reply #30 on: October 21, 2010, 02:19:55 PM »
and yes X , i am awake, been up since 5.30. just run 10k, i think you should do the same son !

What time did you pull Jack ?.......Did you break the hour ?
Unleash the tornado

TigerTimeII

« Reply #31 on: October 21, 2010, 04:42:23 PM »
and yes X , i am awake, been up since 5.30. just run 10k, i think you should do the same son !

why would i wanna run 10km when i have no cartilage in my knees and i could go fishing instead

can think of a million better ways to exercise than running 10km

ps jump on a bike is quicker and not as taxing on ur knees

TigerTimeII

« Reply #32 on: October 21, 2010, 04:44:30 PM »
greg denham knows his stuff

kb asked him today "will anyone pick up fisher?"

denham replied "no!"

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #33 on: October 21, 2010, 06:18:19 PM »
ps jump on a bike is quicker and not as taxing on ur knees

Absolutely agree  :thumbsup

"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Offline Fishfinger

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • You can't put brains in an idiot
« Reply #34 on: October 21, 2010, 06:26:20 PM »
I jumped on my bike a couple of years back because it was too hard to pedal up hills.
It's 50 of one and half a dozen of the other - Don Scott

jackstar is back again

« Reply #35 on: October 21, 2010, 08:06:35 PM »

What time did you pull Jack ?.......Did you break the hour ?

jackstar is back again

« Reply #36 on: October 21, 2010, 08:07:32 PM »
most of you posters amaze me.
You bag me, when the club has picked up players who couldnt play over the past few years. eg McMahon, Hislop, Thomson etc :banghead :banghead :banghead
At least Fisher can play, yes injury has ruined his career over the past 2 years.
A change of clubs would do him good.
My past involvement recall when we played Carlton, he was exteremely hard to match up on,as he could easily outmark most of our players when isolated.
He would be a risk, but if fit, a good risk as he can play. Hislop and Thomson couldnt play, as for McMahon  ::)

you are correct about his hands and how difficult he was to match up on, perfect 3rd tall that was a great foil BUT
has never been able to kick, and hurt you on the scoreboard, injury has now ruined him, hes expired - wont get picked up.

Totally agree,although he might get picked up

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #37 on: October 21, 2010, 11:06:25 PM »
most of you posters amaze me.
You bag me, when the club has picked up players who couldnt play over the past few years. eg McMahon, Hislop, Thomson etc :banghead :banghead :banghead
At least Fisher can play, yes injury has ruined his career over the past 2 years.
A change of clubs would do him good.
My past involvement recall when we played Carlton, he was exteremely hard to match up on,as he could easily outmark most of our players when isolated.
He would be a risk, but if fit, a good risk as he can play. Hislop and Thomson couldnt play, as for McMahon  ::)
I didn't bag you over us picking up those 3 duds especially Thomson who I probably bored everyone to death here saying he couldn't kick before we even traded for him.
All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd

Offline Smokey

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #38 on: October 22, 2010, 06:54:51 AM »

...................... who I probably bored everyone to death here saying he couldn't kick before we even traded for him.

You don't bore us to death MT.

And btw, I don't think tanking is the right strategy.

:P   ;D   ;D

Offline Owl

• Magnificent Bastard
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Bring me TWO chickens
« Reply #39 on: October 22, 2010, 08:04:47 AM »
Nothing wrong with running if you do it right, wont hurt your knees at all, weak excuse.  I have done both my knees in motor bike accidents and I run anywhere up to 24km in a hit.  Good footwear and not running like a quamby help.  Get into it!
Mind you the last time the missus made me run 24km I went into shock at the end of it...
Lots of people name their swords......

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #40 on: October 22, 2010, 09:38:46 PM »

...................... who I probably bored everyone to death here saying he couldn't kick before we even traded for him.

:lol :rollin
All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd

Offline tdy

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #41 on: October 22, 2010, 10:19:53 PM »

This I don't get.  Hawthorn tanked for a flag, St Kilda tanked for 2 grand finals appearances, Collingwood tanked for a flag, West Coast tanked for a flag.

While you don't have to tank, it is becoming clear that tanking as a strategy has worked for a number of clubs and with Martin's pickup last year, Cotchin 2 years before and potentially another good to great player this year, it seems a very valid strategy for Richmond to pursue.  Given the shape of our list and the rules as they stand, why wouldn't we?  we clearly aren't going to be any good next year with the inexperience of our list.

Offline Infamy

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #42 on: October 22, 2010, 11:23:38 PM »

This I don't get.  Hawthorn tanked for a flag, St Kilda tanked for 2 grand finals appearances, Collingwood tanked for a flag, West Coast tanked for a flag.

While you don't have to tank, it is becoming clear that tanking as a strategy has worked for a number of clubs and with Martin's pickup last year, Cotchin 2 years before and potentially another good to great player this year, it seems a very valid strategy for Richmond to pursue.  Given the shape of our list and the rules as they stand, why wouldn't we?  we clearly aren't going to be any good next year with the inexperience of our list.
Hawthorn didn't win a flag from tanking, they players they drafted from tanking mostly just got delisted
Saints have won nothing
Collingwood was down for one year to get Pendlebury & Thomas, if that's all it took we should have 3 flags in the last 5 years
West Coast never tanked for a flag either, they had one injury affected year where they finished 14th and picked up Chris Judd who was the only one left from the standout top 3 that year. Hardly tanking. They've been tanking recently, but it hasn't got them anywhere and the players they've picked have been poo

Offline Danog

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #43 on: October 22, 2010, 11:44:58 PM »

Hawthorn didn't win a flag from tanking, they players they drafted from tanking mostly just got delisted
Saints have won nothing
Collingwood was down for one year to get Pendlebury & Thomas, if that's all it took we should have 3 flags in the last 5 years
West Coast never tanked for a flag either, they had one injury affected year where they finished 14th and picked up Chris Judd who was the only one left from the standout top 3 that year. Hardly tanking. They've been tanking recently, but it hasn't got them anywhere and the players they've picked have been poo
Hodge, Ellis, Roughead, Buddy

Offline Smokey

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #44 on: October 23, 2010, 09:49:56 AM »

Hodge, Ellis, Roughead, Buddy

They picked up Hodge at the end of 2001 after finishing 6th and got the priority pick from Fremantle in a trade so it had nothing to do with any tanking.

Roughead and Franklin were taken at the end of a miserable season that saw Hawthorn on the bottom of the ladder at the half way point with 2 wins from 11 games.  In Round 19 they beat the 3rd bottom side by 11 points and in round 21 they beat the bottom side by 23 points.  Both of these sides they beat also qualified for priority picks they were so bad and Hawthorn's performance was so good it then went out and sacked it's coach.  So please point out to me just 1 game in 2004 that Hawthorn tanked in to allow themselves to pick up a priority pick - just 1 game to back up the theory that they tanked to get Roughead and Franklin.

They picked up Ellis at the end of 2005 after finishing 14th and he was always going to be their 1st pick regardless - Kennedy was always going to Carlton with their 2nd pick and Pendlebury was always going to Collingwood with theirs so Hawthorn were always getting Ellis, priority pick or not.  Their #6 pick is the 'actual' extra player they got and that pick (Beau Dowler) hasn't exactly changed the face or fortunes of the club has he?

So summing all that up it would appear you are suggesting that Ellis won Hawthorn their flag?  I disagree.

And regardless, their tanking appears to be paying off in spades now doesn't it?  Karma is a funny thing and I don't want to invite it into our club in any negative sense whatsoever - we have been paying for the sins of our past for way too long as it is.