Author Topic: NAB Cup  (Read 28195 times)

Online Go Richo 12

• Richmond tragic, bleeding heart, hopeless cricketer and terrible fisherman.
  • RFC Hall of Fame
Re: NAB Cup
« Reply #30 on: February 08, 2011, 08:50:17 PM »
Ch 7 news tonight said we'll be fielding a young side on Saturday night while Collingwood and Carlton will be fielding full strength sides. Hopefully it doesn't get ugly for us even over 20 minute halves  :-\.
It may get ugly but a young side can hang in for the first half of normal games! The second game may be an issue though! I am finding it difficult to get excited over the Nab Cup, i think the Nab challenge will be a better indicator!

Offline wayne

• Fame of Hall
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • In Absentia
« Reply #31 on: February 08, 2011, 09:20:33 PM »
I heard Judd isn't playing. Carlton will be at half strength  :lol
And you may not think I care for you
When you know down inside that I really do

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #32 on: February 09, 2011, 03:40:12 AM »
Astbury has the right attitude going into the games...

Richmond defender David Astbury said the games against two of last year's finalists was a perfect opportunity for the young Tigers to show off their pre-season gains.

"We've got a young list," Astbury said. "I suppose Saturday night is going to be a real opportunity to showcase the improvement that we've made."

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/afl/we-want-nab-cup-magpies/story-e6frf9jf-1226002308002

Offline Stripes

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #33 on: February 09, 2011, 11:27:47 AM »
We will be fielding a very young team on Saturday Night as the coaches don't want the more senior or 'important' players having an interrupted buildup to the season proper. Players such as Cotchin, Martin, Lids, Newy and Jack won't play until NAB 2.

Stripes

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #34 on: February 11, 2011, 02:30:28 AM »
From AstuteTiger on BF:

"Ok all just to give a heads up for people who want to sit near or in the cheer squad....the cheer squad will be located at Aisles 20 and 21, near the pocket at the La Trobe St end...collingwood have one end being the bourke st end and carl have the other end la trobe st end aisle 24 and these aisle locations for all the cheer squads were placed by the AFL..."

http://www.bigfooty.com/forum/showpost.php?p=20139781&postcount=1

Dubstep Dookie

« Reply #35 on: February 11, 2011, 03:21:37 AM »
We will be fielding a very young team on Saturday Night as the coaches don't want the more senior or 'important' players having an interrupted buildup to the season proper. Players such as Cotchin, Martin, Lids, Newy and Jack won't play until NAB 2.

Stripes

NAB round 2? what is this mysterious and elusive round you speak of?  :rollin

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
Tiger cubs prepare for 'Flagpies' (Age)
« Reply #36 on: February 11, 2011, 03:49:07 AM »
Tiger cubs prepare for 'Flagpies'
Jon Pierik
February 11, 2011

RICHMOND coach Damien Hardwick says the scoreboard may be irrelevant when an inexperienced Tigers line-up takes on a Collingwood team featuring up to 16 premiership players in the NAB Cup round-robin opener tomorrow night.

While the Magpies appear keen to make an early statement and quash any concerns about a premiership hangover, the Tigers have opted for a more conservative approach.

The likes of skipper Chris Newman, Brett Deledio and Jack Riewoldt will miss matches against Carlton and the Magpies, so too key recruits Bachar Houli and Shaun Grigg.

Hardwick said the focus was on round one of the season proper, despite suggestions an impressive start to the pre-season would help kickstart the club's $6 million fundraising campaign.

''Whatever side we put out there, we think will be competitive,'' Hardwick said yesterday. ''There are a lot of things we are looking to gain from it, and the scoreboard is not necessarily one of them. We have a lot stuff that we have put into practice over the course of the pre-season that we are looking to come out on Saturday night.

''We are going to go in with a relatively young squad, an inexperienced squad but looking with eager eyes to see how the likes of [Reece] Conca, [Jake] Batchelor and [Tom] Derickx that we have just brought into our club go which is very exciting for our fans to see.''

Conca, a highly skilled midfielder, was the Tigers' No. 1 pick, sixth overall, in last year's national draft. Batchelor, a defender, was the club's second pick, while Derickx, a mature ruckman, was a late selection.

''That's probably what we are dead-set against, a short-term fix. That's one thing this footy club I think has decided - there are no more short cuts,'' Hardwick emphasised.

''We won't compromise anything we do. Our preparation for the NAB Cup is effectively round one. Whatever is best for our players come round one is how we suit up.''

The Tigers play in games one and two, against Carlton at 7.15pm and Collingwood at 8.20pm. The Magpies will be without skipper Nick Maxwell, Dane Swan, Travis Cloke, Alan Didak, Nathan Brown and Tyson Goldsack.

http://www.smh.com.au/afl/afl-news/tiger-cubs-prepare-for-flagpies-20110210-1aooa.html

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #37 on: February 11, 2011, 08:57:59 PM »
Our game is too fast and too difficult to have a last touch out of bounds rule. The umps don't have a clue. We'll never see it again after this NAB Cup.

All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #38 on: February 11, 2011, 09:58:00 PM »
Dees through to the second round 2 winning both games. It's a mickey mouse comp. but their list is coming together  :-\.
All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd

Offline tiger101

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #39 on: February 11, 2011, 10:04:07 PM »
Our game is too fast and too difficult to have a last touch out of bounds rule. The umps don't have a clue. We'll never see it again after this NAB Cup.

agree thank goodness its only a rule for the first round of the nab cup.

Hellenic Tiger

« Reply #40 on: February 11, 2011, 10:20:29 PM »
Found it difficult to get motivated tonight watching the footy with all these rule changes.
I know tomorrow night will be different but these NAB rules are just sh1te. Puts me off.

gerkin greg

« Reply #41 on: February 12, 2011, 01:42:09 PM »
bloody hysterical all the crows fans cheering melbourne when they were playing port  :lol

Offline Hes My Hero

• Premiership Captain
« Reply #42 on: February 12, 2011, 01:50:26 PM »
Does anyone know if MMM will be telecasting the game tonight ? I dont mind SEN but to pick up AM on a tranny is hard at The Dome. But FM on the phone works a treat. I dont always listen to the broadcast at the game but i thought it might be a good idea for keeping track of our new guys.  :)

Offline Penelope

• Internet nuffer and sooky jellyfish
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #43 on: February 12, 2011, 02:57:55 PM »
“For My thoughts are not your thoughts,
Nor are your ways my ways,” says the Lord.

“For as the heavens are higher than the earth,
So are my ways higher than your ways,
And my thoughts than your thoughts."

Yahweh? or the great Clawski?

yaw rehto eht dellorcs ti fi daer ot reisae eb dluow tI

Offline mat073

• Perth's biggest tiger tragic.
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #44 on: February 12, 2011, 03:01:20 PM »
I hate to be negative but I wonder what its going to feel like to lose twice in one day. :banghead

I just want us to be competitive.
Unleash the tornado