Author Topic: Reece Conca [merged]  (Read 425047 times)

Offline Assange Tiger 😎

• Bong Lord
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Leader Of AT's Outsiders
Re: Reece Conca plays his 100th this week [merged]
« Reply #2610 on: June 28, 2018, 10:08:18 PM »
I’m not a fan of his but that was bad luck for the bloke no player deserves that. Just rotten luck.

Hope it’s not as bad as it looked and hope he gets back to playing again soon.

:clapping

I was concerned about what you would say after that incident. Very pleased to read this  :clapping  :cheers

I work in Africa and they were taking the pee out of me for saving Africa.......
"Living the dream ,not as a slave to the system. If that makes me a tosser, then I'm a proud tosser... I have plenty of time to toss"

Online Damo

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Member of famed “Gang Of Four”. Ground the airbus!
« Reply #2611 on: June 28, 2018, 10:10:16 PM »
He’s in all thoughts you would think

But tonight showed a couple of things

1- how much his teammates love him
2- what it means to Reece with the fist pump

All the best to him

100 game tiger and that can’t be taken off him

Offline tdy

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #2612 on: June 28, 2018, 10:11:30 PM »
Bad luck to him, get well soon.

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #2613 on: June 28, 2018, 10:33:49 PM »

All the best to him

Amazingly gutsy by Reece to think of the team when he was obviously in immense pain and knowing his season is over and will miss out once again on a chance to play in a premiership. Just horrible hearing him scream out in pain  :(.

Makes you proud to be a Tiger supporter when we see the team walk over to the stretcher and each individual Tiger pat Reece on the head. That connection the players always talk about with each other.

Credit too to Gary Rohan who went over to Reece as well. Rohan did the same injury in 2012. Apparently, it took him 9 months to get back.
All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd

Offline eliminator

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #2614 on: June 28, 2018, 10:37:37 PM »

All the best to him

Amazingly gutsy by Reece to think of the team when he was obviously in immense pain and knowing his season is over and will miss out once again on a chance to play in a premiership. Just horrible hearing him scream out in pain  :(.

Makes you proud to be a Tiger supporter when we see the team walk over to the stretcher and each individual Tiger pat Reece on the head. That connection the players always talk about with each other.

Credit too to Gary Rohan who went over to Reece as well. Rohan did the same injury in 2012. Apparently, it took him 9 months to get back.

Totally agree. Great sportsmanship by Rohan. Great support by the team. Really feel for Reece. Terrible injury. He has had appalling luck with injuries.

dwaino

« Reply #2615 on: June 28, 2018, 10:48:11 PM »
That's was savage. Great reactions after though.

Offline Tigeritis™©®

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Richmond, Premiers 2017.2019
« Reply #2616 on: June 28, 2018, 10:52:29 PM »
Just saw the replay of the player reaction and Rohan on tv.  Very good by the fellas
 Also noticed Rioli have him a kiss on the forehead. Great brotherly love by the boys.
The club that keeps giving.

Online The Machine

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #2617 on: June 28, 2018, 10:55:20 PM »
Absolutely gutted for him

Offline MintOnLamb

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • You have to think anyway, so why not think big? DT
« Reply #2618 on: June 28, 2018, 10:59:51 PM »
Well obviouslly far more important to the ethos of the team than i and most of the flog conca knockers on here thougjt, good luck to him

Offline lamington

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #2619 on: June 28, 2018, 11:00:46 PM »
i really feel for him. All the best with recovery. his fist up when he was getting stretchered off probably captures what he means  to the players and the club and why they always backed him

Offline Slipper

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #2620 on: June 29, 2018, 12:05:10 AM »
Have heard that it may not be as bad as first thought, but no doubt his season looks over.

Offline ¾ T!geɹ

• Jack Dyer medallist
« Reply #2621 on: June 29, 2018, 12:05:49 AM »
Wasn't a fan of the young man, but he has certainly come of age this year, with well improved skill levels and looks like fitness levels as well.
Will be happy to see him back next year.
Always hard to see a Tiger (any player from any club really) go down , especially that badly.
Good Luck Conc and congrats on reaching the 100 game mark  :clapping
The third quarter, the premiership quarter, it's Dusty time. He starts to shine and then delivers in the most AWESOME fashion.

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
Jayden Short says the Tigers ‘wanted to win for Reece’ (Herald-Sun)
« Reply #2622 on: June 29, 2018, 03:01:48 AM »
Richmond defender Jayden Short says the Tigers ‘wanted to win for Reece’

Herald-Sun
29 June 2018

REECE Conca was supposed to play a key role on Thursday night and not be a key motivator behind Richmond’s impressive win over Sydney at Etihad Stadium.

But this game can be cruel sometimes. Very cruel.

Instead of leading Richmond off after his 100th game with another win in the bank and another step closer to playing in September, Conca was carted off the ground halfway through the opening quarter with a badly broken ankle and another season in tatters.

The game stood still for more than five minutes while the West Australian was attended to by doctors, before being loaded onto the medi-cart.

By then, everyone had seen the state of his ankle on the big screens at the ground, inside living rooms and pubs around the country.

The fact Conca had played every game this season after managing just 15 in the past three years, including just six as Richmond went all the way last year, made the injury even worse.

But in a moment that emphasised the Tiger’s deep bond, the group engulfed Conca before the cart wheeled him off the ground.

It was a small moment, but it proved significant, given Damien Hardwick’s men slotted the next five goals to grasp the ascendancy.

“To see him go down like that in his 100th game, with all the injuries he has been through is pretty upsetting,” Richmond defender Jayden Short told foxfooty.com.au after the Tigers’ 26-point win.

“We said, ‘we want to win this for Reece’. We played as well as we could and got the win for Reece.

“It is so disappointing. Reece is an absolute character of the club and one of the most liked blokes.

“He will be back better than ever. It was disappointing to see, but we will get around him.”

https://www.perthnow.com.au/sport/afl/richmond-defender-jayden-short-says-the-tigers-wanted-to-win-for-reece-ng-6b64871f1e511bbe7ded14a345b30790

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #2623 on: June 29, 2018, 03:03:36 AM »
... his fist up when he was getting stretchered off probably captures what he means  to the players and the club and why they always backed him

Photo: Scott Barbour/Getty Images

Offline Slipper

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #2624 on: June 29, 2018, 08:19:34 AM »
I think we might really feel the loss of Conca.

On our march to last year's flag, we had a number of players who came in to the side and really performed beyond expectations. Graham and Townsend just emerged to play pivotal roles. In 1980 we had Peter Welsh.

Conca looked to be doing similar this year. Maybe not as spectacularly, but I felt he was performing at that much higher level and impacting. It seems to me that those sort of players give you the extra dimension that can really propel you towards a flag at seasons end.

I really hope that some of our other younger players can sense an opportunity here and seize it. They might not come in this week, but no doubt there will be chances, so Menadue, Ellis, Mrakov and co. need to be busting their butts and getting ready for it.