Author Topic: RFC Family Day 2011  (Read 11541 times)

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
Re: RFC Family Day 2011
« Reply #30 on: February 13, 2011, 05:58:19 PM »
Jack Riewoldt twitter:

"Family day was awesome! Best part was when a supporter was adamant that newy was Joel Bowden and forced him to sign a photo!"

:rollin

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #31 on: February 13, 2011, 06:10:51 PM »
Players in the new KooGa team polos - look super impressive. Was told by the merch team that as soon as the front of jumper is finalised the polos will be available to the public within a week to fortnight - just waiting on the announcement for the embroidery to be completed. Jumpers will be within 3-4 weeks after the announcement  :clapping

http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=46666&id=139068106117769

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #32 on: February 13, 2011, 06:52:27 PM »

yep that's them look really good

And to give the KooGa range another plug.

Asked the merch guys about the members jackets, if they were going to be the same design that were shown on Thursday at the Fans night - was told YEP!

Gotta say the actually product looks fantastic, don't go by this one:

Because as I said the actual product is brilliant and it is top quality (I am sure MT & stripes will back me on this  :pray  ;D)

Aftyer vowing not get one I am seriously looking at it now  :thumbsup
"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Offline RFC_Official

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #33 on: February 13, 2011, 09:30:00 PM »
Anyone from OER heading up to Craigieburn for the Family Day today?

Hopefully last night was seen in perspective with the young side we had and didn't damper the spirits of too many of the Tiger faithful.

Just got home

Long queues to the marques for autographs not sure if just having the players sitting in marques and having kids queue is the way to go to be honest - kids want to be out kicking the footy not standing in queues.... not sure what the answers is....

We had clinics out the back with young players (Derickx, Helbig, etc) for those who didnt want to line up. We also had about 7 different signing stations to spread it out. Serious question...how else could we have done it?

Offline RFC_Official

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #34 on: February 13, 2011, 09:31:14 PM »
Only issue, the event should be held at Punt Road.

For now, Punt Road is still a construction zone so we cant hold it there. I'd love to have it back there next year.

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #35 on: February 13, 2011, 09:50:31 PM »
We had clinics out the back with young players (Derickx, Helbig, etc) for those who didnt want to line up. We also had about 7 different signing stations to spread it out. Serious question...how else could we have done it?

yep I saw the clinics but they didn't seem to have that many kids there - they were sort of hidden behind behind the tiolets  ;D

In answer to your question I don't have an answer. I don't think there is an easy answer and I appreciate the Club does the best they can.

I remember in days gone by the players just walked around Punt Road and simply mingled with people, played a bit of kick to kick with the kids. But then again in those days the family day ran from about 11.00am to 4.00pm. Again I understand things have changed a fair bit.

I was wondering what other clubs do? And then saw on the news that Carlton was doing the same thing - so I reckon most clubs do what we do. Fortunately we aren't charging non-members $10 for adults and $5 for kids to get in like the Blues  :o; so we've certainly got that side of things right  :thumbsup

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #36 on: February 13, 2011, 10:02:08 PM »
by the way, only place to park in "Crazyburn" is the school behind the ovals ;)

No it isn't

Street across from the main oval  ;)

For now, Punt Road is still a construction zone so we cant hold it there. I'd love to have it back there next year.

I have no problem with it being out at Criagieburn, I had to travel for what seemed like forever when they had it Jells Park. Although now I still have a 40 min hike to Craigeburn, it's just seems like a leisurely Sunday drive

Actually it's a pity they didn't have the main building open at the main oval for short tours of it, could have let the masses see what a great facility it is out there

Offline Stripes

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #37 on: February 13, 2011, 10:21:36 PM »
I'm upset I missed the event today. First time in almost a decade - like a membership I start back at year one next year  :whistle

Can anyone give a brief summary of what Dimma & Benny said?

Stripes

Offline Infamy

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #38 on: February 13, 2011, 10:46:26 PM »
Fortunately we aren't charging non-members $10 for adults and $5 for kids to get in like the Blues  :o; so we've certainly got that side of things right  :thumbsup
Fortunately? I'm wondering why we don't do the same thing
Alternatively have a memership tent at the entrance and they get free entry if they sign up

Offline Rodgerramjet

• OER - CONTRIBUTOR
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Never cast pearls before swine.
« Reply #39 on: February 13, 2011, 11:01:51 PM »
Someone's got a serious crush on Mitch Morton, is it family? does he know who they are? Great little promotional machine he has got there. Just a note to them if they read this site. I really appreciate the photos but could we have some other pictures of players at training as well as mitch.
The lips of Wisdom are closed, except to the ears of Understanding.

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #40 on: February 13, 2011, 11:20:54 PM »
Fortunately? I'm wondering why we don't do the same thing
Alternatively have a memership tent at the entrance and they get free entry if they sign up

Because I reckon you've got more chance of someone buying a m'ship by not charging more than gold coin, especially if you are trying to get the locals (walk ups) to involved

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #41 on: February 14, 2011, 02:29:05 AM »

Tiger time: Richmond captain Chris Newman and coach Damian Hardwick with the huge crowd at the Richmond family day.
Picture: Michael Klein Source: Herald Sun

Offline cub

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • "Tigertime!"
    • bantigertrade
« Reply #42 on: February 14, 2011, 07:18:53 AM »

yep that's them look really good

And to give the KooGa range another plug.

Asked the merch guys about the members jackets, if they were going to be the same design that were shown on Thursday at the Fans night - was told YEP!

Gotta say the actually product looks fantastic, don't go by this one:

Because as I said the actual product is brilliant and it is top quality (I am sure MT & stripes will back me on this  :pray  ;D)

Aftyer vowing not get one I am seriously looking at it now  :thumbsup

Ordered 2 after seeing them  :thumbsup

jackstar is back again

« Reply #43 on: February 14, 2011, 11:40:17 AM »
by the way, only place to park in "Crazyburn" is the school behind the ovals ;)

No it isn't

Street across from the main oval  ;)

I have no problem with it being out at Criagieburn, I had to travel for what seemed like forever when they had it Jells Park. Although now I still have a 40 min hike to Craigeburn, it's just seems like a leisurely Sunday drive

Actually it's a pity they didn't have the main building open at the main oval for short tours of it, could have let the masses see what a great facility it is out there

I meant to say, thats where I park, its easy when there is a crowd there

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #44 on: February 14, 2011, 02:16:03 PM »
Photos from Family Day

http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=288680&id=298686323275&l=90e8b366c0

Thousands of Tiger fans attended the 2011 Richmond Family Day at Highgate Recreation Reserve, Craigieburn yesterday (Sunday, February 13).

The Family Day, presented by Stockland Highlands, provided supporters with the ideal opportunity to obtain autographs from the players, purchase their Tiger membership and merchandise, as well as enjoy a range of entertainment, including live music, rides and face painting.

Particularly popular were the interactive sponsor marquees, with big numbers going through the Bingle, ME Bank, Clive Peeters, KooGa and Stockland marquees.

The player guernsey presentation on stage was a major highlight, with coach Damien Hardwick handing the famous Tiger jumper to each member of the Club’s 2011 playing squad.

All in all, it was a great day for members of the Yellow and Black faith . . .

http://www.richmondfc.com.au/news/newsarticle/tabid/6301/newsid/107791/default.aspx