Author Topic: ME Bank buys naming rights to Tigerland  (Read 8185 times)

10 FLAGS

Re: ME Bank buys naming rights to Tigerland
« Reply #15 on: December 23, 2010, 06:46:32 PM »
Where do ME have branches? Anyone know?

Offline Hard Roar Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #16 on: December 23, 2010, 07:03:51 PM »

I reckon we'd be lucky if it is was north of $200,000 a year. I wouldnt have had any issue if the sponsorship was for the entire Punt Road precinct. ME Park wouldn't have made any difference and increased the sponsorship dollars at the same time.

If thats what you really think then you have no concept of sponsorship value in the real world.  The club have signed off on a significant 5 year revenue source without compromising the strong and unique identity that is Punt Road Oval (that many many supporters regard as sancrosanct) and have given every indication that they have major sponsorship(s) ready to announce in the New Year.  In the name of all things feasible, what more can the current administration be doing to appease you?   You will probably find something to complain about when we win our next premiership.

I guess to make that statement you must be an expert in sponsorship. What value do you think the naming rights are worth?
What evidence do you have based on your sponsorship experience that this is worth the $$$?
“I find it nearly impossible to make those judgments, but he is certainly up there with the really important ones, he is certainly up there with the Francis Bourkes and the Royce Harts and the Kevin Bartlett and the Kevin Sheedys, there is no doubt about that,” Balme said.

Offline Fishfinger

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • You can't put brains in an idiot
« Reply #17 on: December 23, 2010, 07:29:00 PM »
One in the city. One opened recently at Knox City. Not sure of any others.

I bank with them. Best move for me after outrageous bank charges when with NAB.
Bugger all charges because you don't bank at a branch. Bank online (or phone), messaging service online, instant answering and help if you phone them, free withdrawals at certain atms, deposit cheques at the post office. I get cash out at the supermarket with no charges.
It's 50 of one and half a dozen of the other - Don Scott

Offline RedanTiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #18 on: December 23, 2010, 07:49:44 PM »
One in the city. One opened recently at Knox City. Not sure of any others.

I bank with them. Best move for me after outrageous bank charges when with NAB.
Bugger all charges because you don't bank at a branch. Bank online (or phone), messaging service online, instant answering and help if you phone them, free withdrawals at certain atms, deposit cheques at the post office. I get cash out at the supermarket with no charges.
ME have only started opening branches recently. Have branches mainly just to open accounts I think. 8 in Melbourne, 2 in Canberra, one in Brisbane, Gold Coast, Perth.
As a flow-on from the Industry Super Funds, Members Equity initially got members thru those funds by offering mainly loans and term deposits.
As said by Flags above, they mostly operate online with cards for EFTPOS and ATM withdrawals.
See the details from the website below if you're interested.
http://www.membersequitybank.com.au/

BTW there should have been a link to ME on the club website at the same time as the announcement, as shown by the queries here.
Object lesson in how to gain and keep sponsors.
Wake up Richmond and make sure you don't do the same with ANY other sponsor announcements and squander publicity for the sponsor.

Offline Fishfinger

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #19 on: December 23, 2010, 08:01:37 PM »
As a flow-on from the Industry Super Funds, Members Equity initially got members thru those funds by offering mainly loans and term deposits.

And got members through unions.
If you're not either a member of a union or in one of the main industry super funds you won't qualify to bank with them.

One drawback, if you travel overseas you can't access cash like you can with banks such as the CBA.

Offline RedanTiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #20 on: December 23, 2010, 08:47:32 PM »
And got members through unions.
If you're not either a member of a union or in one of the main industry super funds you won't qualify to bank with them.

One drawback, if you travel overseas you can't access cash like you can with banks such as the CBA.

WTF.So we sign a new sponsor and you tell stories like that.

To quote from their product disclosure form for their PERSONAL savings accounts on their webiste,
Eligibility
3.5 To open an account you must be:
at least 12 years old;an Australian citizen or an Australian permanent resident; and
an individual opening and using an account in your personal
capacity and for personal use (you cannot open or use an
account for business or trustee purposes).

Offline Fishfinger

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #21 on: December 23, 2010, 08:58:05 PM »
Maybe they've relaxed the eligibility (?). When I joined I was eligible because of my super fund.
On the website under related links in Personal Banking there's a list of eligible unions and super funds.

jackstar is back again

« Reply #22 on: December 23, 2010, 09:29:26 PM »
need to go and see the MB bank to get a loan to pay off all the money I owe Luxbet, ::) ::)

Offline Francois Jackson

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #23 on: December 23, 2010, 09:50:11 PM »
Saw him last night at chadstone having a cofee

Chadstone xmas time surely you were only there for a perve.

cant stand that place at the best of times.
Currently a member of the Roupies, and employed by the great man Roup.

10 FLAGS

« Reply #24 on: December 23, 2010, 09:56:39 PM »

I reckon we'd be lucky if it is was north of $200,000 a year. I wouldnt have had any issue if the sponsorship was for the entire Punt Road precinct. ME Park wouldn't have made any difference and increased the sponsorship dollars at the same time.

If thats what you really think then you have no concept of sponsorship value in the real world.  The club have signed off on a significant 5 year revenue source without compromising the strong and unique identity that is Punt Road Oval (that many many supporters regard as sancrosanct) and have given every indication that they have major sponsorship(s) ready to announce in the New Year.  In the name of all things feasible, what more can the current administration be doing to appease you?   You will probably find something to complain about when we win our next premiership.

I guess to make that statement you must be an expert in sponsorship. What value do you think the naming rights are worth?
What evidence do you have based on your sponsorship experience that this is worth the $$$?

I dont know if that question is for me or smoke, from my end, I dont have any experience, but I amazed that someone would cough up so much money just so they stick there name onto a building.

Offline Smokey

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #25 on: December 23, 2010, 11:27:20 PM »

Nice first post.  Lexus paid ~$1.7m per annum for the Lexus Centre and Westpac upped that to ~$2m per annum when they took over.  Given the similarities of location and exposure, and minus the reduced coverage from our membership vs Collingwood, I would be confident with a guess at a minimum of many hundreds of thousands, most likely closer to a million a year, if not more.  Thats as close as I can get to apples for apples.  Whats your guess and what would you base it on?

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #26 on: December 24, 2010, 07:16:13 AM »
Whats your guess and what would you base it on?

FWIW smokey IMHO I reckon it is worth between 1.3-1.8 mil a year

Just my guess
"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Offline tigersalive

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #27 on: December 24, 2010, 08:16:19 AM »
Seems you are right in the pocket, WP.  :thumbsup

From RFC Official on BF. . .

Quote from: Coughlan
Would you be able to give us a idea of how much the ME Bank deal is worth?

Quote from: RFC_Official
All I can say is in the millions, sorry.
EAT EM ALIVE!

Offline 3rogerd

• Premiership Captain
« Reply #28 on: December 26, 2010, 09:20:32 PM »
very low key for an important announcement.

Offline Hard Roar Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #29 on: December 27, 2010, 09:02:46 AM »
Whats your guess and what would you base it on?

FWIW smokey IMHO I reckon it is worth between 1.3-1.8 mil a year

Just my guess

So if I am getting this right, the naming of the building is the same value as our major sponsorship.
I was of the understanding that Dick Smith was a $1.0-1.5m per year deal.
Seems like an incredible deal if that is the case, well done RFC  :thumbsup
“I find it nearly impossible to make those judgments, but he is certainly up there with the really important ones, he is certainly up there with the Francis Bourkes and the Royce Harts and the Kevin Bartlett and the Kevin Sheedys, there is no doubt about that,” Balme said.