Author Topic: The Fighting Tiger Fund - "Giving 110%" [merged]  (Read 72141 times)

gerkin greg

Re: The Fighting Tiger Fund
« Reply #165 on: March 08, 2011, 03:44:31 PM »
Where's that being held? Wondering how many numbers can fit. 300 people?

How much do you have to pledge just to get an invite? $3000?

Should be pushing over $1M before the doors even open.

:clapping :cheers

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #166 on: March 08, 2011, 04:27:06 PM »
Where's that being held? Wondering how many numbers can fit. 300 people?

At Punt Road in the new Social Club part of the building I believe. Seats about 300-350. I think they are plaaning for around 280-300

How much do you have to pledge just to get an invite? $3000?

That was what the email said. It read that they were expecting those attending to pledge "a minimum of $3k"

Should be pushing over $1M before the doors even open.

:clapping :cheers

yep would think so

it should be a good night  ;D
"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Offline Infamy

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #167 on: March 09, 2011, 05:35:55 PM »
Just made my donation and will be attending the gala on the 17th
Will try to send in some reports

Offline Infamy

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #168 on: March 09, 2011, 05:37:58 PM »
That was what the email said. It read that they were expecting those attending to pledge "a minimum of $3k"
Is that on top of the $3k+ they spent to get an invite or is this for those big ticket supporters who were just invited to come?

Online Hard Roar Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #169 on: March 09, 2011, 06:50:34 PM »
Is that on top of the $3k+ they spent to get an invite or is this for those big ticket supporters who were just invited to come?

How much for a ticket?
“I find it nearly impossible to make those judgments, but he is certainly up there with the really important ones, he is certainly up there with the Francis Bourkes and the Royce Harts and the Kevin Bartlett and the Kevin Sheedys, there is no doubt about that,” Balme said.

Offline Infamy

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #170 on: March 09, 2011, 06:59:55 PM »
How much for a ticket?
I think if you're invited it's around $300 but if you donate over $3k to the FTF you also get a ticket if you want one

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #171 on: March 09, 2011, 08:43:35 PM »
How much for a ticket?
I think if you're invited it's around $300 but if you donate over $3k to the FTF you also get a ticket if you want one

Not sure what you mean Infamy

My understanding of the night is it is by invitation only, it doesn't cost anything to go as the people who are attending are (as I mentioned) are expected to pledge a minimum of $3k. On the night how much people pledge/donate is up to them

But my understading is you cannot buy a ticket to night

Offline Infamy

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #172 on: March 09, 2011, 10:54:02 PM »
How much for a ticket?

Not sure what you mean Infamy

My understanding of the night is it is by invitation only, it doesn't cost anything to go as the people who are attending are (as I mentioned) are expected to pledge a minimum of $3k. On the night how much people pledge/donate is up to them

But my understading is you cannot buy a ticket to night
If you donate over $3k you get an invite to the March 17th function at the ME Bank centre (if you want it)
It's part of the incentives program they have for larger donations

VIP Donor Entitlements

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #173 on: March 10, 2011, 06:58:16 AM »
If you donate over $3k you get an invite to the March 17th function at the ME Bank centre (if you want it)

VIP Donor Entitlements

Exactly what I was saying Infamy - so I am not sure where you got it this it is/was $300 for a ticket to go from ??? because my understanding is there are NO tickets on sale for this event - invite only

Edited because I my crap typing  ;D
« Last Edit: March 10, 2011, 10:26:29 AM by WilliamPowell »

Offline Infamy

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #174 on: March 10, 2011, 09:39:55 AM »

VIP Donor Entitlements

Exactly what I was saying Infamy - so I am not sure where you got it this it is/was $300 for a ticket to go from ??? because my understanding is there are NO tickets on sale for this event - invite only 
Sorry, I just read it somewhere before, I may be completely wrong though. I think there are some invites sent out to people who haven't donated yet but they will be expected to pay upfront for attending. I'm sure the club has a register of who has made some significant donations before and wants them to come along to lean on them to make a decent contribution on the night.

Edited because I WP's crap typing  ;D
« Last Edit: March 10, 2011, 10:31:49 AM by WilliamPowell »

Offline Stripes

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #175 on: March 10, 2011, 10:54:20 AM »

VIP Donor Entitlements

Sorry, I just read it somewhere before, I may be completely wrong though. I think there are some invites sent out to people who haven't donated yet but they will be expected to pay upfront for attending. I'm sure the club has a register of who has made some significant donations before and wants them to come along to lean on them to make a decent contribution on the night.

Edited because I WP's crap typing  ;D

You must be a man of mean Infamy...how many million's are you donating on the night? :shh

Offline Infamy

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #176 on: March 10, 2011, 11:25:17 AM »

VIP Donor Entitlements

Edited because I WP's crap typing  ;D

You must be a man of mean Infamy...how many million's are you donating on the night? :shh
Haha, if I won Tatts maybe.
I went for the 6 month payment plan so I can hopefully donate a bit more, problem is the timing is terrible, one of my places is up for sale in early April and I won't really know how much more I can chip in until then. To be honest it won't be much more than I have just spent to get my name on the jumper.
« Last Edit: March 10, 2011, 11:50:14 AM by Infamy »

gerkin greg

« Reply #177 on: March 10, 2011, 11:31:47 AM »
C'mon Inf, surely you can trade the Z3 down to an MX5 ?

Offline Infamy

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #178 on: March 10, 2011, 11:47:00 AM »
C'mon Inf, surely you can trade the Z3 down to an MX5 ?
Haha, no Z3 in my garage mate
Its a C63 and its not going anywhere, it's too much fun.

gerkin greg

« Reply #179 on: March 10, 2011, 12:03:41 PM »
Ah, upgraded. Nice. Hope you got a good price for the Z3  ;D