Author Topic: The Fighting Tiger Fund - "Giving 110%" [merged]  (Read 72155 times)

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
Re: The Fighting Tiger Fund
« Reply #45 on: February 11, 2011, 12:37:36 AM »
Just arrived back from the Fan Night too. Firstly I was very impressed by the new board room we were ushered into. The Premiership Cups were on diplay along with other significant memorabila. The balcony that the room spilled out onto was a source of inspiration for one of Benny's passionate visions where he said our next cup will be presented to the jubulant fans who would look up from the new Punt Rd ground below.

We were all given drinks and food (who was served by a remarkably attractive blond lass - morale lifter perhaps :shh  ;) ) and we were presented a broucher which outlined the new 'Fighting Tiger Fund' (sent to all members early next week). Benny spoke to us about the club vision and rationale behind the push.

The first step is to draw donations from the rank and file ($10, $20, $50 or $100 etc). The next step is to invite our wealthy backers to the opening of the new facilities. It is hoped that these more financially capable personalities will be inspired by what the common supporters were willing to give and collectively donate the remainder of the debt balance.

From this point the club will then evaluate the next steps which will include a large fundraiser revolving around the Carlton game plus other events throughout the year.

The reason why we were invited were because of our use of the digital media ie Tiger Forums. They wanted our support and suggestions on such mediums use. I made a few suggestions (time will tell whether these will be adopted) and others also offered suggestions plus asked questions about the use of the raised money, punt roads redevelopment, etc

If you have any questions I, plus any others who attended i'm sure, would be more than willing to reply.

Thanks

Stripes
I should have looked at this thread before typing out that long post in the fan night thread lol.

The Boardroom was fine but you couldn't fit anymore in. I think by the time they hold the next fan night the social club will be finished and they could probably hold it in there or alternatively the conference room/player theatre.
All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd

Online WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #46 on: February 11, 2011, 07:08:56 AM »
Since Wright left the debt has again increased, albeit only by a half million or so.

Really?

From the 2010 Financial Statements

Total interest bearing liabilities (debt) 2010: $4.500 mil -v- 2009 $4.912
"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #47 on: February 11, 2011, 03:54:22 PM »

Offline Stripes

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #48 on: February 11, 2011, 04:03:11 PM »
The Club has a new website for donations

https://secure.memberdesq.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=main&OrgID=1751

I've already donated using the first website but running through the second site is infinitely easier. Good move by the club. I hope the last site didn't scare many people away from donating.

10 FLAGS

« Reply #49 on: February 11, 2011, 04:03:44 PM »

DOES IT allow for people to make a donation without using a credit card?

Offline Stripes

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #50 on: February 11, 2011, 04:06:53 PM »

DOES IT allow for people to make a donation without using a credit card?

There's a brocher that will be sent to all members in the mail at the start of next week where you can donate using a check etc

Offline Loui Tufga

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Beaver BLT
« Reply #51 on: February 11, 2011, 07:10:38 PM »

Yes heaps better :clapping I managed to come up with $720 just from hitting up mates and family, it doesn't hurt to ask, even the old duck next door who is a die hard Bombers suporter threw in ten bucks ;D ;D

10 FLAGS

« Reply #52 on: February 11, 2011, 07:49:14 PM »
It'll be good to get some innitial numbers on how much has already been donated. Anyway, whatever people can put in ... it all helps. Ill be in for $200 when the papers arrive.

Online Francois Jackson

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #53 on: February 11, 2011, 08:33:50 PM »
im in for $125 over 6 months and if we beat the Blues ill double it. Not kidding either
Currently a member of the Roupies, and employed by the great man Roup.

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #54 on: February 12, 2011, 11:12:46 PM »
What do you think tonight's results will do for the Fighting Fund?

I thought it was strange that we'd release it the week we decide to play such an inexperenced side without our name players to excite supporters. As expected we got thrashed. I hope that first half of the first game when our energy levels and fitness were the highest and we could maintain a high intensity and run gives supporters enough faith to donate and belief that in a few years the cubs will be okay with a few more preseasons under their belt. There's talent there coming through at the youth end that needs to be developed but we are still carrying a lot of deadwood. Just shows we need this plan to invest heavily in all areas of the footy dept. as we are daylight behind the best.

Offline Penelope

• Internet nuffer and sooky jellyfish
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #55 on: February 13, 2011, 12:38:07 PM »
Perhaps, on the flip side, it shows why it is so important to improve spending on the football dept?
“For My thoughts are not your thoughts,
Nor are your ways my ways,” says the Lord.

“For as the heavens are higher than the earth,
So are my ways higher than your ways,
And my thoughts than your thoughts."

Yahweh? or the great Clawski?

yaw rehto eht dellorcs ti fi daer ot reisae eb dluow tI

10 FLAGS

« Reply #56 on: February 13, 2011, 01:03:48 PM »
What do you think tonight's results will do for the Fighting Fund?

I thought it was strange that we'd release it the week we decide to play such an inexperenced side without our name players to excite supporters. As expected we got thrashed. I hope that first half of the first game when our energy levels and fitness were the highest and we could maintain a high intensity and run gives supporters enough faith to donate and belief that in a few years the cubs will be okay with a few more preseasons under their belt. There's talent there coming through at the youth end that needs to be developed but we are still carrying a lot of deadwood. Just shows we need this plan to invest heavily in all areas of the footy dept. as we are daylight behind the best.

Theres 2 things:

1) I think the fighting fund should have been started in early April when most of the memberships had already been sold for the year.
2) The club should have wacked $10 onto the cost of most memberships as part of the debt reduction program and that would have raised around $500,000 this year.

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
Soapbox: Really, Richmond? (BigPond)
« Reply #57 on: February 15, 2011, 05:05:36 PM »
Soapbox: Really, Richmond?
By Nick Place
Tuesday, February 15, 2011
Source: BigPond Sport

Really, Richmond?

Seriously?

The way I've read it over the past week, unless Tiger supporters dig deep and come up with about $6 million, we can forget about success in the near to medium figure, maybe ever.

Collingwood spent a heap more money on assistant coaches and the like last year, which is why Richmond remains uncompetitive.

If supporters don't find the cash, we'll lose star players, won't be able to pick anybody decent up in free agency as it kicks in, and the players will end up wearing hand-me-down boots from a richer club.

Or something like that. Did I miss anything?

This all comes as something of a disappointment to me, as a lifelong Richmond fan. As somebody who did dig deep in the infamous days of Save Our Skins.

As someone who has allowed his fragile, bruised Tiger heart to beat a little more confidently over the past year and a half, as Benny Gale and Damien Hardwick showed signs of leading the club out of the endless wilderness.

But no. Both those men have now confirmed that the club remains screwed. Unless I can personally find $6 million in a hurry.

Well, me and fellow devotees of the yellow and black.

But here's the thing: isn't the AFL currently negotiating a media deal in the vicinity of $1 billion? And isn't the current TV deal worth at least three-quarters of that amount? Before you get to league and club sponsorships, and the steadily increasing river of gold that is club memberships, gate receipts and merchandise profits.

It doesn't strike me that AFL footy is an industry where ready cash is in short supply.

Yet Richmond fans – 31,241 of whom have already dug into their pockets this year to buy a membership (cheapest: $84 for MCC member – which gives access to exactly one home game at Etihad Stadium in round 24; dearest: $900; standard: $287 for 16 games) – are now being asked to come up with millions more to make the club "competitive".

When are AFL clubs going to stop leaning on fans and their fears and emotions?

There is money in the system. It seems unfair that Collingwood, Geelong and other successful clubs have so much more to spend on football departments and standalone reserves teams, when Richmond, North Melbourne and other clubs don't.

If the salary cap allegedly standardises player salaries across all teams, why can't football department spending also be standardised, and subsidised by the AFL?

It's not North's fault it has so few fans. Give the Kangaroos and Tigers the money they need to compete pound for pound with the Magpies, Bombers, Eagles, Crows, et al.

And Richmond, for once appreciate how loyal your fans have been when, by all rights, nobody could begrudge them giving it up as a lost cause a long, long time ago.

Or here's another idea. Instead of hitting us with a fear campaign cash-grab, present us with a business proposal: if we put up the $6 million, you guarantee, in writing, success.

But if you fail (again), you pay us back, with interest. And pay us back all the long lost membership fees that we've forked out over the years to watch failure after failure.

Football's a business, right? Seems fair.

http://www.bigpondsport.com/soapbox-really,-richmond/tabid/91/newsid/67611/default.aspx

10 FLAGS

« Reply #58 on: February 15, 2011, 05:37:56 PM »
Within 20 years I reckon all AFL clubs will be privatised. Football budgets are increasing by 7 figures every single  year, supporters wont be able to keep up with the requirements. This will inevitably lead to privatisation IMHO.

Online Francois Jackson

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #59 on: February 15, 2011, 08:46:59 PM »
I think its a stupid article. A lot of our issues are brought on by ourselves noone else. If we build it, it will come.

Eliminate the debt yes, but ask the league to start salary capping assistant coaches, well im sorry thats stuffin wrong.

The only reason the RFC is still going around is because of us, the people who poor $$ into that club when it has delivered us very little.

Ramps the day clubs are privatized is the day football becomes like that rubbish EPL where the same teams win every year

Currently a member of the Roupies, and employed by the great man Roup.