Author Topic: The Fighting Tiger Fund - "Giving 110%" [merged]  (Read 66736 times)

Gigantor

Re: The Fighting Tiger Fund [merged]
« Reply #705 on: June 26, 2013, 05:51:45 PM »
I don't want to contribute to the fighting tiger fund anymore and I wont.I buy my annual membership and my Maurice Rioli membership and that's enough.In my own small way not contributing to this fund anymore  might force the club to look at other more sustainable revenue streams

Hellenic Tiger

« Reply #706 on: June 26, 2013, 05:57:42 PM »
How about some on field success for us fans. STF. Successful Tiger Fund.
Donations should be voluntary and not crammed down our throats.
Time for the club to repay the faith we have shown this admin.
It can't all be give, give, give.

Gigantor

« Reply #707 on: June 26, 2013, 06:00:31 PM »
yep..couldn't agree more tucker

Online WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #708 on: June 26, 2013, 07:57:45 PM »
Spot on Tucker.

That's what I mean by constantly going back to the same well. It will dry up!

I'm like you Gigantor, I won't be giving anymore to the FTF. I reckon I've done my bit and to be honest the Club cant keep asking at some point enough becomes enough. Sure it's a personal choice but I just feel at the moment they just keep putting out their hand for more and more

Great example is over a 7 week period, we had the FTF jumper offer thing ($300), then a few later trying to sell tickets to the HoF ($390 for a 2 tkts) and then 2 weeks after that they start selling the FTF Scratch 'n' Win tickets for $200. That's just on $1k over 7 weeks. Would think that's a bit much for most people

Again just my take

"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Offline cub

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • "Tigertime!"
    • bantigertrade
« Reply #709 on: June 27, 2013, 01:15:57 AM »
With you guys, they will get enough from me as it is anyway.

gerkin greg

« Reply #710 on: June 28, 2013, 10:55:37 AM »
If you don't want to give the club more money then don't and STFU

The FTF Patron program is worth formalising, some will take this up over membership where they cant get to games, others will use it as an add on to their current membership

Great example is over a 7 week period, we had the FTF jumper offer thing ($300), then a few later trying to sell tickets to the HoF ($390 for a 2 tkts) and then 2 weeks after that they start selling the FTF Scratch 'n' Win tickets for $200. That's just on $1k over 7 weeks. Would think that's a bit much for most people

Did you want the jumper for free and a free night out? lmao shock footy clubs sell merch and put on functions and charge for them  :o

That's not sticking an empty hand out, that's offering a tangible product in return for money

Don't think the club expect anyone to take them all up anyway  ::)

Online WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #711 on: June 28, 2013, 11:37:58 AM »

Did you want the jumper for free and a free night out? lmao shock footy clubs sell merch and put on functions and charge for them  :o

That's not sticking an empty hand out, that's offering a tangible product in return for money

Don't think the club expect anyone to take them all up anyway  ::)

No I wasn't expecting a free jumper or night out. I am happy for them to do all those things but it is about timing

IMV it was extremely poorly timed to have 3 major renevue raisers so close together at those prices.

People can't afford to be forking out all the time and then the Club scratch their heads and wonder why they get less than 900 paying folks to the HoF when they were hoping for over 1200, why they struggle to sell the scratchie tickets

Did you recieve phone calls about any of them? I did; got a call about all of them and for one of them was made to feel like I was a scumbag because I said no.

You'd be surprised at what the club seems to expect  ;)

Offline Darth Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Dimmasty RFC!
« Reply #712 on: June 28, 2013, 11:40:27 AM »
There was a recent article discussing the Charity Fatigue Syndrome where donors where bombarded with charitable requests becuase they had given once.

The requests were accompanied with messages & cheap gifts to play on guilt so that the donors would recompense out of obligation.

Sometimes marketeers will focus on the existing rather than do the hard yards and gain new customers to diversify the funding base.

Online WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #713 on: June 28, 2013, 11:41:39 AM »
There was a recent article discussing the Charity Fatigue Syndrome where donors where bombarded with charitable requests becuase they had given once.

The requests were accompanied with messages & cheap gifts to play on guilt so that the donors would recompense out of obligation.

Sometimes marketeers will focus on the existing rather than do the hard yards and gain new customers to diversify the funding base.

So true Darth, so true

gerkin greg

« Reply #714 on: June 28, 2013, 12:51:52 PM »
see there you go whinging again

i thought it was about the well drying up, now it's the timing and someone making you feel bad

:'( :'( :'(

dwaino

« Reply #715 on: June 28, 2013, 01:02:29 PM »
 :lol

Online WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #716 on: June 28, 2013, 01:19:56 PM »

i thought it was about the well drying up, now it's the timing and someone making you feel bad

Ultimately it is about the well drying up because they keep putting there hands out saying "please sir can I have some more......  but this time you get a jumper, or this time you get a chance at winning $30k or and by the way sir for something completely different want to come to a dinner"

Eventually people will say no and the $2mil they got last year will be $1.5mil this year and then $900k the next and they'll think "hmm what's happening here? why aren't they kicking in $$$ to us for the FTF"

And BTW I reckon I'm allowed to have whinge. Get bombarded with emails, txts and then phone calls and you say no and you become the worst person in the world. But at least I can take comfort in knowing "they pass the feedback on"

Rampstar

« Reply #717 on: June 28, 2013, 01:45:44 PM »
my view on it is that every year Ill just get my membership and stick an extra $100 on top for the fighting fund and maybe buy some merchandise but thats as far as the budget goes for me so thatll be how I continue to contribute.

Offline JVT

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #718 on: June 28, 2013, 01:47:37 PM »
my view on it is that every year Ill just get my membership and stick an extra $100 on top for the fighting fund and maybe buy some merchandise but thats as far as the budget goes for me so thatll be how I continue to contribute.
That is the best way for it to work IMO.

Offline Yeahright

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #719 on: June 28, 2013, 02:51:07 PM »

Ultimately it is about the well drying up because they keep putting there hands out saying "please sir can I have some more......  but this time you get a jumper, or this time you get a chance at winning $30k or and by the way sir for something completely different want to come to a dinner"

Eventually people will say no and the $2mil they got last year will be $1.5mil this year and then $900k the next and they'll think "hmm what's happening here? why aren't they kicking in $$$ to us for the FTF"

And BTW I reckon I'm allowed to have whinge. Get bombarded with emails, txts and then phone calls and you say no and you become the worst person in the world. But at least I can take comfort in knowing "they pass the feedback on"

Would think it was good to get that extra 2.4mil in the next year until the well dries up. No point declaring it dry already