Author Topic: RFC Official - We're on board!  (Read 404495 times)

Offline RFC_Official

• RFC Hall of Fame
RFC Official - We're on board!
« on: January 04, 2011, 09:37:41 PM »
Alright I've had a few people ask me to join here, even had an email saying they would reconsider their membership if I didnt...and we don't want that, so here we are.

My initial problem to begin with was that the club has so many forums, I cant be answering everyone's questions all the time but I am here and will be able to get to any posts here every few days, or as soon as I humanly can.

So, fire away

My only groundrules: No footy stuff, I'm not Dimma so I can't tell you why X isn't playing or why Z is...but I can answer other things. Go for it, happy to be here!

Offline F0551L

• One Eyed Richmond Gold member "eat em alive" Marching on to Victory in the
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Strong and Bold
Re: We're on board!
« Reply #1 on: January 04, 2011, 10:17:58 PM »
who is our new major sponsor and when will the announcement be made ? And welcome to the forum
EAT EM ALIVE 2016 TIGERS

Retired to the Bench

TigerTimeII

« Reply #2 on: January 04, 2011, 10:38:42 PM »
X is playing lol

Offline Hard Roar Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #3 on: January 04, 2011, 10:41:25 PM »
Great to see and as someone who has been on pretty much every Tiger forum this is clearly the best forum which has the highest quality posting and easily the best and most constructive admin and moderators.
You really should've come here first but I'm sure everyone on OER will allow you 1 mistake!
“I find it nearly impossible to make those judgments, but he is certainly up there with the really important ones, he is certainly up there with the Francis Bourkes and the Royce Harts and the Kevin Bartlett and the Kevin Sheedys, there is no doubt about that,” Balme said.

FNM

« Reply #4 on: January 04, 2011, 10:44:46 PM »
Alright I've had a few people ask me to join here, even had an email saying they would reconsider their membership if I didnt...and we don't want that, so here we are.

My initial problem to begin with was that the club has so many forums, I cant be answering everyone's questions all the time but I am here and will be able to get to any posts here every few days, or as soon as I humanly can.

So, fire away

My only groundrules: No footy stuff, I'm not Dimma so I can't tell you why X isn't playing or why Z is...but I can answer other things. Go for it, happy to be here!
Thanks for coming on board  :thumbsup
Cheers

Froars
 :gotigers

Offline Smokey

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #5 on: January 04, 2011, 11:06:01 PM »
who is our new major sponsor and when will the announcement be made ? And welcome to the forum

Yep.  At the least, what timeframe (and not the catch-all "sometime in the New Year") can we expect the announcement.

And to reiterate what some others have posted - this forum really does stand out from most for it's varied, robust and mature discussion.  Thanks for joining.

Offline Infamy

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #6 on: January 04, 2011, 11:12:30 PM »
I really don't get the chicken little reactions to the sponsorship issue, today is the first working day back for the new year, we've just had the xmas break, no company wanting exposure from a sponsorship announcement is going to make it right now when so many people are away on holidays.
It will be announced when it's ready to be announced and expecting RFCO to let the cat out of the bag on this forum is just pure stupidity

Offline Stripes

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #7 on: January 04, 2011, 11:14:24 PM »
Thanks for joining - great to have someone from the club to answer some of the passionate Tigers supporters questions!

A question from me -

What is the best way to get my young fellow a response letter/signed photo etc from a player. Writing via the mail hasn't worked this year and my son became a little dispondent - is it better to write vai email?

Thanks

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #8 on: January 04, 2011, 11:22:42 PM »
Welcome aboard OER RFCO  :)

Stealing 10 Flags' thunder here but what does the Club think of his idea to encourage lapsed members to return to the fold?

http://oneeyed-richmond.com/forum/index.php?topic=12305.0

One thing the club should look at IMHO is what to do with members who allow there memberships to lapse but who come back into the fold. For example when you purchase a membership now it says for example that you have been a consecutive member for say 5 years but what happens if you have been a member over your life for say 12 years or 15 years. I understand these things are difficult but I think if the club has the computer records they should offer members who have held members over a number of years but for one reason or another became lapsed over a  year or two to buy out the lapsed period.

This would allow those members to accrue better membership benefits but also provide an opportunity for the club to make some money. I think a one-off fee of say $200 or maybe $50 a year for every lapsed year of membership would be fair.

Members would go onto a better level of membership and the club would make some extra money.

In order to give it more cred maybe revenues made from this could go debt reduction.

I just put up some basic ideas, hopefully someone from the club takes all these things into account and then we see some sort of action.

Whether its a 10 year period or say 6 years maximum then thats for the club to decide. If you go with say 6 years maximum then they should just charge the $79 a year 3 game membership for every year required-that would then take the 6 year charge to $474 all up to buyout 6 years and thats not a bad amount at all.

1 year lapse- $79
2 year lapse- $158
3 year lapse- $237
4 year lapse- $316
5 year lapse- $395
6 year lapse- $474

Financially it really works for the club and supporters who need say 3years+ get a real benefit but of course they pay for the priviledge.  :thumbsup
All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd

Offline Smokey

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #9 on: January 04, 2011, 11:25:08 PM »
I really don't get the chicken little reactions to the sponsorship issue, today is the first working day back for the new year, we've just had the xmas break, no company wanting exposure from a sponsorship announcement is going to make it right now when so many people are away on holidays.
It will be announced when it's ready to be announced and expecting RFCO to let the cat out of the bag on this forum is just pure stupidity

Not asking for "cat out of bag" statements Infamy.  Just looking for a "still in negotiation so a number of weeks away" or a "already committed, waiting for the best time" or a " nearly over the line, expect it in a few weeks", something like that.  You should know me well enough to know that Chicken Little is not my go, but some information good or bad is much easier to swallow and much more appreciated than no information at all.

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #10 on: January 04, 2011, 11:46:02 PM »
Another question RFCO ......... will there be an open day or at least some opportunity for members to view the inside of the new ME Bank Centre facilities?
All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd

Offline Mr Magic

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #11 on: January 05, 2011, 12:35:43 AM »
even had an email saying they would reconsider their membership if I didnt...

Really? That's funny. :lol
Welcome aboard RFCO.

Offline Penelope

• Internet nuffer and sooky jellyfish
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #12 on: January 05, 2011, 12:58:20 AM »
That caught my eye too.
Amazing!
“For My thoughts are not your thoughts,
Nor are your ways my ways,” says the Lord.

“For as the heavens are higher than the earth,
So are my ways higher than your ways,
And my thoughts than your thoughts."

Yahweh? or the great Clawski?

yaw rehto eht dellorcs ti fi daer ot reisae eb dluow tI

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #13 on: January 05, 2011, 07:04:45 AM »
Welcome Mr RFC_Official  :thumbsup

I saw a flyer pre-Xmas at the Tiger Den for the Family day in Feb out at Craigieburn but couldn't remember the start time when I posted about it here  :P

Can you confirm the date & start time please

:cheers

"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Offline RFC_Official

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #14 on: January 05, 2011, 08:54:43 AM »

Well at least you're to the point. We don't have a major sponsor yet, but hopefully there will be announcement in Jan.