Author Topic: RFC Official - We're on board!  (Read 399760 times)

Offline RFC_Official

• RFC Hall of Fame
Re: We're on board!
« Reply #15 on: January 05, 2011, 08:57:10 AM »
Thanks for joining - great to have someone from the club to answer some of the passionate Tigers supporters questions!

A question from me -

What is the best way to get my young fellow a response letter/signed photo etc from a player. Writing via the mail hasn't worked this year and my son became a little dispondent - is it better to write vai email?

Thanks

The players about the place obviously, it's just a matter of finding the time for them to sign something else. When you say signed photo, are you sending in the photo and askign for it to be signed? Or are you wanting both, just for clarity's sake.

Cheers

Offline RFC_Official

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #16 on: January 05, 2011, 08:58:28 AM »
Another question RFCO ......... will there be an open day or at least some opportunity for members to view the inside of the new ME Bank Centre facilities?

There will be, and once we're officially launched we'll have some dates for you. We don't even know just yet.

Offline RFC_Official

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #17 on: January 05, 2011, 08:59:31 AM »
Welcome Mr RFC_Official  :thumbsup

I saw a flyer pre-Xmas at the Tiger Den for the Family day in Feb out at Craigieburn but couldn't remember the start time when I posted about it here  :P

Can you confirm the date & start time please

:cheers

Feb 13, day after our NAB Cup matches, 10.30am - 2pm at Cragieburn

jackstar is back again

« Reply #18 on: January 05, 2011, 09:04:14 AM »
think there is abit of ''baiting " going on here ;)

Offline Coach

• Hardly A Prude
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Depend on Schulzy
« Reply #19 on: January 05, 2011, 09:30:44 AM »
Great to see and as someone who has been on pretty much every Tiger forum this is clearly the best forum which has the highest quality posting and easily the best and most constructive admin and moderators.
You really should've come here first but I'm sure everyone on OER will allow you 1 mistake!

Second that. Not another forum comes close ;D

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #20 on: January 05, 2011, 10:31:15 AM »
Feb 13, day after our NAB Cup matches, 10.30am - 2pm at Cragieburn

Thanks  :cheers
"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Offline F0551L

• One Eyed Richmond Gold member "eat em alive" Marching on to Victory in the
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Strong and Bold
« Reply #21 on: January 05, 2011, 01:02:01 PM »
who is our new major sponsor and when will the announcement be made ? And welcome to the forum

Well at least you're to the point. We don't have a major sponsor yet, but hopefully there will be announcement in Jan.
  appreciate the reply
EAT EM ALIVE 2016 TIGERS

Retired to the Bench

tony_montana

« Reply #22 on: January 05, 2011, 03:19:38 PM »
welcome aboard rfc official.

Question - Why was the club so adamant on keeping the name Punt Road oval when selling the naming rights to ME Bank? Giving them the rights to the whole complex would have brought in more $$$ no doubt.

10 FLAGS

« Reply #23 on: January 05, 2011, 03:31:12 PM »
welcome aboard rfc official.

Question - Why was the club so adamant on keeping the name Punt Road oval when selling the naming rights to ME Bank? Giving them the rights to the whole complex would have brought in more $$$ no doubt.

Thats a real good question TM. Our supporters are too emotional about the name of the oval. The club should have sold the name of completely and taken the money. :gotigers

Offline Stripes

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #24 on: January 05, 2011, 03:52:21 PM »
Thanks for joining - great to have someone from the club to answer some of the passionate Tigers supporters questions!

A question from me -

What is the best way to get my young fellow a response letter/signed photo etc from a player. Writing via the mail hasn't worked this year and my son became a little dispondent - is it better to write vai email?

Thanks

The players about the place obviously, it's just a matter of finding the time for them to sign something else. When you say signed photo, are you sending in the photo and askign for it to be signed? Or are you wanting both, just for clarity's sake.

Cheers

Thanks for the reply. I'm more referring to some type of response from the player or club just acknowleding that they appreciate the latter from the child. Doesn't always have to come directly from the player, as I understand they have a very taxing schedule, but some sort of return item/letter etc goes a long way to creating lifelong supporters from those young kids who have made the effort to write to their heroes.

Once again thanks for taking the time to reply. I think everyone on here really appreciates the effort you are making!  :thumbsup

Stripes

tony_montana

« Reply #25 on: January 05, 2011, 05:07:24 PM »

A question from me -

Thanks

Cheers

Thanks for the reply. I'm more referring to some type of response from the player or club just acknowleding that they appreciate the latter from the child. Doesn't always have to come directly from the player, as I understand they have a very taxing schedule, but some sort of return item/letter etc goes a long way to creating lifelong supporters from those young kids who have made the effort to write to their heroes.

Once again thanks for taking the time to reply. I think everyone on here really appreciates the effort you are making!  :thumbsup

Stripes

Say what you want about Fawley but he replied to a few of my letters! back in the day when i was a pseudo coach wannabe   :lol

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #26 on: January 05, 2011, 06:13:56 PM »
Another question RFCO ......... will there be an open day or at least some opportunity for members to view the inside of the new ME Bank Centre facilities?

There will be, and once we're officially launched we'll have some dates for you. We don't even know just yet.
Cheers RFCO.
All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd

Offline Infamy

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #27 on: January 05, 2011, 06:18:21 PM »

A question from me -

Thanks

Cheers

Once again thanks for taking the time to reply. I think everyone on here really appreciates the effort you are making!  :thumbsup

Stripes
Just on this one, this is certainly something that other clubs are doing, even Collingwood with their millions of fans ferals
« Last Edit: January 05, 2011, 07:25:27 PM by Infamy »

Offline Fruity Morgan

• Jack Dyer medallist
« Reply #28 on: January 05, 2011, 06:55:57 PM »
good onya Phil  :clapping

Offline tiger till i die

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #29 on: January 05, 2011, 11:43:28 PM »
im am a young supporter living in sydney and obviously were not going well.... Which raises me to my question why should i buy a membership if what every one says we will start wining in four years?

Thanks! :gotigers