Author Topic: RFC Official - We're on board!  (Read 399667 times)

Offline F0551L

• One Eyed Richmond Gold member "eat em alive" Marching on to Victory in the
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Strong and Bold
Re: We're on board!
« Reply #30 on: January 06, 2011, 12:07:02 AM »
RFC-O
when will interstaters memberships be mailed out? ( resigned up in November )
EAT EM ALIVE 2016 TIGERS

Retired to the Bench

Offline Infamy

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #31 on: January 06, 2011, 12:45:57 AM »
im am a young supporter living in sydney and obviously were not going well.... Which raises me to my question why should i buy a membership if what every one says we will start wining in four years?

Thanks! :gotigers
Why should buying a membership be dependent on the team doing well now or in the 4 years time
People who jump on only when things are going well are called bandwagoners

Offline tiger till i die

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #32 on: January 06, 2011, 02:35:49 AM »
im am a young supporter living in sydney and obviously were not going well.... Which raises me to my question why should i buy a membership if what every one says we will start wining in four years?

Why should buying a membership be dependent on the team doing well now or in the 4 years time
People who jump on only when things are going well are called bandwagoners

did i ask you? ;D ;D

FNM

« Reply #33 on: January 06, 2011, 06:18:29 AM »

More memberships equates to better resources around the club for them to succeed. You jump on board, that helps the bottom line. If everyone decided not to join until we got better, chances are we probably won't be around in four years.
You either want to buy one or you don't - your choice!

Offline Smokey

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #34 on: January 06, 2011, 09:30:28 AM »
RFC-O
when will interstaters memberships be mailed out? ( resigned up in November )

Got mine delivered to sunny  :o Brisbane yesterday 632 (including #6 grandson's Tiger Cub pack) although mine is a normal 11 gamer, not the interstate one.  Mine is auto-renewed via the roll over plan so that would have been November also.

Offline Smokey

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #35 on: January 06, 2011, 09:37:24 AM »
Question for you RFCO:

Why can't I use my 11 game membership to attend our home games in Queensland (Carrara in the past, Cairns this year, Darwin for NT members)?  Seems that this membership is biased towards Melbourne-based members by allowing them to convert one of our interstate home games to a local one, yet when we play a home game interstate, members that reside in that state are not given the option to use their memberships unless they have the lesser value Country/Interstate pack.  Strong disincentive to get us interstate members to buy higher value memberships I would think.

Offline Penelope

• Internet nuffer and sooky jellyfish
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #36 on: January 06, 2011, 11:49:20 AM »
This is something I was wondering about too smokey. I thought that being a home game any member could get in rather have having to use one of my two interstate game nominations.

I rang the club and the issue is that although we are the home team in these games, from a ticketing point of the view they are not treated as home games. This is because members get access to an away melbourne game to replace each interstate game, ie an 11 game membership still gets you access to 11 games in melbourne, 9 home and two away.

Gee i hope round 2 against the saints is one of the replacement games so the social club will be open.
“For My thoughts are not your thoughts,
Nor are your ways my ways,” says the Lord.

“For as the heavens are higher than the earth,
So are my ways higher than your ways,
And my thoughts than your thoughts."

Yahweh? or the great Clawski?

yaw rehto eht dellorcs ti fi daer ot reisae eb dluow tI

Offline Smokey

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #37 on: January 06, 2011, 01:11:37 PM »
This is something I was wondering about too smokey. I thought that being a home game any member could get in rather have having to use one of my two interstate game nominations.

I rang the club and the issue is that although we are the home team in these games, from a ticketing point of the view they are not treated as home games. This is because members get access to an away melbourne game to replace each interstate game, ie an 11 game membership still gets you access to 11 games in melbourne, 9 home and two away.

Gee i hope round 2 against the saints is one of the replacement games so the social club will be open.

Been a bugbear of mine for a few years now Al.  I don't see how it is fair that interstate-domiciled members get disadvantaged because they choose an elevated level of membership!  Flies in the face of trying to increase the level (extra revenue for the club) and satisfaction of membership for mine.

Offline RFC_Official

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #38 on: January 07, 2011, 04:04:34 PM »
Thanks for joining - great to have someone from the club to answer some of the passionate Tigers supporters questions!

A question from me -

What is the best way to get my young fellow a response letter/signed photo etc from a player. Writing via the mail hasn't worked this year and my son became a little dispondent - is it better to write vai email?

Thanks

Cheers
The players about the place obviously, it's just a matter of finding the time for them to sign something else. When you say signed photo, are you sending in the photo and askign for it to be signed? Or are you wanting both, just for clarity's sake.

Cheers

Thanks for the reply. I'm more referring to some type of response from the player or club just acknowleding that they appreciate the latter from the child. Doesn't always have to come directly from the player, as I understand they have a very taxing schedule, but some sort of return item/letter etc goes a long way to creating lifelong supporters from those young kids who have made the effort to write to their heroes.

Once again thanks for taking the time to reply. I think everyone on here really appreciates the effort you are making!  :thumbsup

Stripes

We didnt reply? PM me your details and I'll fix it up

Offline RFC_Official

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #39 on: January 07, 2011, 04:06:44 PM »

Mate thats completely up to you, I know we'd love your support.

Offline Penelope

• Internet nuffer and sooky jellyfish
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #40 on: January 07, 2011, 04:11:24 PM »
RFCO perhaps the indigenous all stars game could be for the Maurice Rioli trophy?
“For My thoughts are not your thoughts,
Nor are your ways my ways,” says the Lord.

“For as the heavens are higher than the earth,
So are my ways higher than your ways,
And my thoughts than your thoughts."

Yahweh? or the great Clawski?

yaw rehto eht dellorcs ti fi daer ot reisae eb dluow tI

Offline Fruity Morgan

• Jack Dyer medallist
« Reply #41 on: January 07, 2011, 07:21:18 PM »
RFC Official, which sites are you on and how do u rank them from best to worst. I think this is very important because if someone contacted the club and wanted a site to join then it would be best if the club could steer them in the right direction!

Offline Obelix

• Jack Dyer medallist
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #42 on: January 07, 2011, 07:44:09 PM »
RFC Official, which sites are you on and how do u rank them from best to worst. I think this is very important because if someone contacted the club and wanted a site to join then it would be best if the club could steer them in the right direction!

Uh.... it's probably best to let this one slide RFCO. :whistle

Good to see you around the traps though

Offline bojangles17

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Platinum member 33 years
« Reply #43 on: January 07, 2011, 08:00:39 PM »

umm err, do you reasonably expect an objective response to that ::)
RFC 1885, Often Imitated, Never Equalled

Offline Hard Roar Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #44 on: January 07, 2011, 08:01:45 PM »

That is a pretty subjective topic and it wouldn't be fair on the RFC to make a call on 1 site and put others off side.

I
“I find it nearly impossible to make those judgments, but he is certainly up there with the really important ones, he is certainly up there with the Francis Bourkes and the Royce Harts and the Kevin Bartlett and the Kevin Sheedys, there is no doubt about that,” Balme said.