Author Topic: RFC Official - We're on board!  (Read 399599 times)

Offline JVT

• RFC Hall of Fame
Re: We're on board!
« Reply #210 on: September 19, 2011, 03:18:04 PM »
Cheers RFCO.

Can I ask if the decision makers at the club are aware of our concern over Daniel Jackson's alleged contract extension and us paying too much for Ivan Maric? These are two issues were supporter's sentiment appears to be almost unanimous. Do you take this into account?
Yes, RFCO, can you please make any comment on the above 2 issues. I don't know what is more disturbing, Jackson given 2 years or Maric costing us a priority pick (allegedly of course).  :banghead

Edit: edited quote
« Last Edit: September 19, 2011, 03:32:12 PM by one-eyed »

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #211 on: September 19, 2011, 03:38:11 PM »
We do need to wait for the schedule to come out though.

Do we?

I would think not really - we know that we have 11 home games in total of which 2 will interstate meaning and we will get 2 away games in Melb as compensation

The only question is how many interstate away games will we have - my guess same as 2011

And if the scenario listed above isn't the what we get then I reckon then the club wil have a lot to answer for (again) re the selling of the home games interstate
"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Offline RFC_Official

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #212 on: September 19, 2011, 04:46:37 PM »
Cheers RFCO.

Can I ask if the decision makers at the club are aware of our concern over Daniel Jackson's alleged contract extension and us paying too much for Ivan Maric? These are two issues were supporter's sentiment appears to be almost unanimous. Do you take this into account?

Edit: moved question here so RFCO can find it more easily

I won't be asking the decision makers about rumors.

Offline Smokey

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #213 on: September 19, 2011, 05:21:00 PM »
Cheers RFCO.

Then you obviously haven't fully embraced the spirit of this forum.  We thrive on............. nay, seek rumours to sustain us through all seasons!     ;D

Offline Willy

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • All up inside ya.
« Reply #214 on: September 19, 2011, 05:37:29 PM »
Cheers RFCO.

think you need to re-read my post. Perhaps I was unclear. I was simply asking if the club takes into account supporters' opinions on these two issues, as they appear to be fairly strong on both fronts.

Dont want u to ask anyone about rumors.

Offline Willy

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • All up inside ya.
« Reply #215 on: September 19, 2011, 05:37:51 PM »
I appreciate the prompt reply, though.

Offline RFC_Official

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #216 on: September 19, 2011, 06:40:23 PM »
Cheers RFCO.

think you need to re-read my post. Perhaps I was unclear. I was simply asking if the club takes into account supporters' opinions on these two issues, as they appear to be fairly strong on both fronts.

While I don't speak for them, no, I don't think the football department listens to fans opinions on players. They have a system they grade every single player in the league on and so I reckon they'd stick to that.

Offline Willy

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • All up inside ya.
« Reply #217 on: September 19, 2011, 06:56:42 PM »
Cheers RFCO.

While I don't speak for them, no, I don't think the football department listens to fans opinions on players. They have a system they grade every single player in the league on and so I reckon they'd stick to that.

fair enough. I thought that might be the case.
Cheers.

Offline Coach

• Hardly A Prude
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Depend on Schulzy
« Reply #218 on: September 19, 2011, 08:20:24 PM »
it's worked well for 30 years, why change it. get Rampsy on board as list manager ;D

Offline Owl

• Magnificent Bastard
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Bring me TWO chickens
« Reply #219 on: September 20, 2011, 02:38:40 PM »
lol sweet Geez
Lots of people name their swords......

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #220 on: September 29, 2011, 01:41:49 PM »
Hey Mr RFC_O

What's going on with all the pavers that moved into storage while the development was being done.

Club said once the builing was complete they would be re-laid.

When's it happening and where?

:cheers

Offline RFC_Official

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #221 on: September 30, 2011, 11:08:28 AM »
Hey Mr RFC_O

What's going on with all the pavers that moved into storage while the development was being done.

Club said once the builing was complete they would be re-laid.

When's it happening and where?

Sorry, all the pavers?

Offline Oiafi

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Against logic there is no armour like ignorance.
« Reply #222 on: September 30, 2011, 12:05:59 PM »
There was an initiative a few years back where you could give money to the club and you got a paver with your name on it which was laid at Punt Road. When the development occurred they were put into storage with the view that they would be relaid once the development was complete. At least that was the theory.

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #223 on: September 30, 2011, 12:23:36 PM »
There was an initiative a few years back where you could give money to the club and you got a paver with your name on it which was laid at Punt Road. When the development occurred they were put into storage with the view that they would be relaid once the development was complete. At least that was the theory.

Thanks's Oiafi, that's what I am talking about

It was back in 2005 or 2006 when the Club had a major drive for raising funds for the Jack Dyer Foundation for the re-development, this was before we got all the govt funding.

People paid money for pavers that were out the front of the old social club. When the old social club was pulled down the pavers were taken up and put into storage. Everyone with pavers got a letter from Benny Gale saying that once the re-development was finished the pavers would be re-laid most likely near the Jack Dyer statue.

Considering the amounts some people paid (and yes I include myself here because it was a 4 figure amount donated) I was just wondering what was going on with the pavers, when were they going to be re-laid

WP

Offline RFC_Official

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #224 on: September 30, 2011, 03:31:15 PM »
Right, before my time. I'll ask around for you :)