Author Topic: One game wonders  (Read 5433 times)

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
Re: One game wonders
« Reply #30 on: January 14, 2005, 03:00:25 AM »
I could be mixing him up with someone else but IIRC is it Pym's photo towards the end of the RFC book "Tigerland" with a little spiel next to it saying he is one of the exciting young Tiger cubs coming through with a big future? ???.
« Last Edit: January 14, 2005, 03:03:13 AM by mightytiges »
All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #31 on: January 15, 2005, 07:26:41 PM »
I could be mixing him up with someone else but IIRC is it Pym's photo towards the end of the RFC book "Tigerland" with a little spiel next to it saying he is one of the exciting young Tiger cubs coming through with a big future? ???.

Spot on MT - page 215 to be precise and it says under his pic ....

"Chris Pym building up in the gym ( ::)). Pym played some exceptional games in 1988 and is a player for the future"
"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #32 on: January 16, 2005, 05:22:30 AM »

Spot on MT - page 215 to be precise and it says under his pic ....

"Chris Pym building up in the gym ( ::)). Pym played some exceptional games in 1988 and is a player for the future"

So much for a young Matty Knights  ???

Offline Struggletown

• Premiership Captain
« Reply #33 on: January 16, 2005, 09:26:28 PM »
LMAO @ the names in this thread.
I went to school and played a lot of footy with Terry Keays,his old man was a negative influence on him IMO.Always loved playing the superstar,but not the training,chasing,tackling ect.Super talented though!
I 'met' Chris Pyms girlfriend on holidays in Bali in 1991,she didn't appear to miss him too much :shh

I was wrapt when we picked up Stevan Jackson from WCE.....LMAO@ being majorly disappointed shortly afterwards!
Drink,Drugs and Shagging models.
The rest l just wasted.
  George Best on where his millions went

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #34 on: January 17, 2005, 03:24:28 AM »
Whenever anyone mentions Terry Keays I always think of the first time he played against his old side (Pies) at Victoria Park and being turned inside out by Daicos  :(.

Bulluss

« Reply #35 on: January 17, 2005, 08:18:30 AM »
When Terry Keays was playing i was only a early teenager, but i do remember us playing against Fitzroy at Princess Park and him tearing them apart in the last qtr to help us to a win.

I think he ended up kicking about 5 goals, but i remember some of the BIG pack marks that he took that day. He could play when he wanted to.

Life goes on

« Reply #36 on: January 17, 2005, 01:29:30 PM »
Keays could play cricket as well . St Marys Uniting Cricket club ?

Offline Harry

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Fighting injustice and incompetence
« Reply #37 on: January 17, 2005, 04:16:11 PM »
Jamie Elliot - what a waste.

So much hype about him and he eventually showed nothing.  Was probably the skinniest and weakest player ever to don on the boots - weaker and thinner than Fiora.
Does anyone have half an idea on anything?

Offline Struggletown

• Premiership Captain
« Reply #38 on: January 17, 2005, 04:32:06 PM »
Keays could play cricket as well . St Marys Uniting Cricket club ?

Bundoora as far as I last knew.
Drink,Drugs and Shagging models.
The rest l just wasted.
  George Best on where his millions went

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #39 on: March 15, 2005, 06:57:04 PM »
SEN had Nick Jewell on their one game wonder segment. Now playing for St Kilda in district cricket.

Round 19, 1997 - 4 kicks, 1 HB, 1 mark against Freo at the WACA. Lost by 7 goals. One of Giesch's caretaker coach games.

Started on the bench after being told he was playing ahead of Holland 45 mins before the game. Giesch thought he was more mobile (mates think his the slowest bloke in the cricket side). Came on for Richo up forward (Richo gave the bench a huge spray lol). First contest Jewell tried to take a mark from behind and got wacked in the chin from a flying elbow and was concussed for 3-4 mins. Giesch sent the runner out to say good contest lol. Anyway was played on and off the bench and then dropped. Our reserves had the bye the following week so he didn't play footy for a few weeks. At the end of year TJ said keep the cricket up son lol. Smart dad as Nick was delisted.