Author Topic: Sponsorship and Marketing Coordinator job (Richmond FC)  (Read 4546 times)

Offline Coach

• Hardly A Prude
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Depend on Schulzy
Re: Sponsorship and Marketing Coordinator job (Richmond FC)
« Reply #15 on: January 20, 2011, 09:06:52 PM »
 :shh

Offline Hard Roar Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #16 on: January 20, 2011, 09:21:01 PM »
I wonder if this vacancy has anything to do with our lack of a major sponsor?

Certainly has that smell about it.

That would surprise me.

The role is a very basic service provider and more likely would deal with a 2nd and 3rd tier sponsors.
The major sponsors are normally looked after by the sponsorship manager.

The fact the role is vacant puts even more pressure on the more senior guys at the club - they are doing more than 1 job AND trying to land a major sponsor.

Talk about burning the midnight oil.
“I find it nearly impossible to make those judgments, but he is certainly up there with the really important ones, he is certainly up there with the Francis Bourkes and the Royce Harts and the Kevin Bartlett and the Kevin Sheedys, there is no doubt about that,” Balme said.

Online WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #17 on: January 20, 2011, 09:25:42 PM »
I wonder if this vacancy has anything to do with our lack of a major sponsor?

Certainly has that smell about it.

That would surprise me.

The role is a very basic service provider and more likely would deal with a 2nd and 3rd tier sponsors.
The major sponsors are normally looked after by the sponsorship manager.

The fact the role is vacant puts even more pressure on the more senior guys at the club - they are doing more than 1 job AND trying to land a major sponsor.

Talk about burning the midnight oil.

Agree again

This is getting spooky  ;D
"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Offline Smokey

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #18 on: January 20, 2011, 09:30:43 PM »
That's a type? I thought everyone did that?  :shh

Not at my age.

10 FLAGS

« Reply #19 on: January 21, 2011, 12:45:41 AM »
After some serious consideration I have decided to put forward my ideas for this position.

Sponsorship and Marketing Coordinator (Richmond)

After some serious consideration I have decided to put forward my ideas for this position.

Sponsorship and Marketing Coordinator (Richmond)
A Nice job title usually equals a poor paying job most of the time

ORGANISATION: Richmond Football Club
And a good working class operation it is too  ;D

REPORTS TO: Sponsorship Services Manager
Never heard of him is this the bloke trying to get us a major sponsor?  

KEY LINKS: General Manager Commercial Operations, Football Operations Manager, Brand and Marketing Manager
Having so many links would be good for heading to the pub and having some beers   :cheers

DIRECT REPORTS: None

TYPE OF EMPLOYMENT: Permanent
Not for long when they work out the crap I usually peddle on OER   :lol

POSITION OBJECTIVE: This role requires a high level of operational acumen, focusing on delivering exceptional client service through leveraging all RFC sponsorship accounts and identifying opportunities to add value.
Mumbo jumbo right there IMHO.  :lol

KEY OBJECTIVES:

1. Key contact for servicing sponsor accounts
How hard is it to pick up the phone and talk it up! This is in the bag!  :gotigers

2. Primary match day organiser (Sponsorship Services)
Organising drinks and souvlaki – Hollywood on Bridge Rd just around the corner! What a great job!
Outsource everything! Food Drinks Menus Dinners Signage Entertainment – OUTSOURCE OUTSOURCE OUTSOURCE- the less amount of work for me the better.
  :clapping

3. Assist in co-ordination of Club’s marketing activities
I can co-ordinate anything! Especially in a team where everyone else is doing the work
That’s easy! I can plan – just make up the ideas, plan them and get someone else to execute
  :lol

4. Manage general administration and correspondence for Sponsorship Services department
I hope this means getting the club receptionists and the secretary’s to do the dirty work HAHAHAHAHA. This is easy!  :clapping

5. Assist with generation of sponsorship proposals/report writing and sponsor leads.
I can write the crap with the best of them. When I pull out the the big words like FIASCO, they’ll all be in awe down there at Punt Road! They won’t know what hit them!
 :whistle

RESPONSIBILITES:

1. Key Contact for Sponsors
Yes well picking up the phone and stonewalling is easy. Common that’s easy. Is there a challenge here at all?  :laugh:

2. Primary Match Day Organiser (sponsorship)
Discussed that before but if they need entertainment I can look up the yellow pages and find strippers and other entertainers.   :santa

4. Responsible for all general administration correspondence for sponsorship and internal contact for RFC staff
Doesn’t the club have secretary’s running around? I am good at delegation! I really am!  ;D

5. Assist with generation of sponsorship proposals, report writing and
sponsor leads
Reports are easy. As for sponsor leads – just make them up as I go along I reckon!   ;D

KEY PERFORMANCE INDICATORS:

1. Timely service delivery of contractual deliverables to all sponsors
Of course I will   ;D

2. Ability to build and maintain relationships with key stakeholders and suppliers
Does this mean that I just have to get one or two players to acknowledge the existence at functions and they’ll be happy for the year! 2 functions a year should just about see us out! The things clubs do to get money from sponsors, politicians, and suppliers etc.   :gotigers

3. Timely and effective administration support
Well I would hope so! I’d be disappointed if the admin staff didn’t do a good job for the Sponsorship and Marketing Co-ordinator. Now where is that work people!  :lol

4. Ability to meet sponsorship deadlines and produce quality presentations.
Deadlines are easy! Quality Presentations are like Pizza – same crap different toppings. Just change the names and the dates and away you go! :lol

ESSENTIAL QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE:

1. Excellent written and verbal communication skills
Yes well I usually start sentences without capital letters! I wonder if that would hurt my application! :P
2. Ability to develop and maintain strong working relationships with internal and external stakeholders
Avoidance of working with others will ensure a happy workplace! No open door policy here!
 ;D

Proficient in Microsoft Office applications
Does the receptionist know how to mail merge? 8)

4. Highly motivated and driven towards delivering exceptional client service
For the right salary anything is possible  ;D

5. Demonstrated ability to meet deadlines, work as part of a team and autonomously
I can meet deadlines, and work autonomously. I can prove it too! I started an internet operation and closed it in 7 months- met the deadline with distinction right there IMHO. I was working on my own when this conglomeration known as Tariffs was going under!  ;D

6. Highly organised, ability to think analytically and generate ideas.
Yes! Yes! Yes! If you want ideas go to OER – Boy have I put up some doozies over the years!   ;D

DESIRABLE EXPERIENCE:

1. A Bachelor’s Degree in Marketing, Sport Management or equivalent preferred
Bachelors Degree – Yep got one of those :cheers

2. 1-2 years previous experience in the sports marketing industry
Does posting on OER for 7 years count?  :lol

3. A proven understanding of sport marketing, sponsorship and the AFL.
Of course I understand – and besides how hard can it be … oh hang on its nearly February and we ain’t got no major sponsors! :scream

I look forward to my new career

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #20 on: January 21, 2011, 07:09:25 PM »
POSITION OBJECTIVE: This role requires a high level of operational acumen, focusing on delivering exceptional client service through leveraging all RFC sponsorship accounts and identifying opportunities to add value.
Mumbo jumbo right there IMHO.  :lol
Equals playing golf and long lunches with clients

KEY OBJECTIVES:
1. Key contact for servicing sponsor accounts
How hard is it to pick up the phone and talk it up! This is in the bag!  :gotigers

I can co-ordinate anything! Especially in a team where everyone else is doing the work
That’s easy! I can plan – just make up the ideas, plan them and get someone else to execute
 :lol

4. Manage general administration and correspondence for Sponsorship Services department
I hope this means getting the club receptionists and the secretary’s to do the dirty work HAHAHAHAHA. This is easy!  :clapping

5. Assist with generation of sponsorship proposals/report writing and sponsor leads.
I can write the crap with the best of them. When I pull out the the big words like FIASCO, they’ll all be in awe down there at Punt Road! They won’t know what hit them!
 :whistle
More golf and long lunches.

RESPONSIBILITES:

1. Key Contact for Sponsors
Yes well picking up the phone and stonewalling is easy. Common that’s easy. Is there a challenge here at all?  :laugh:

4. Responsible for all general administration correspondence for sponsorship and internal contact for RFC staff
Doesn’t the club have secretary’s running around? I am good at delegation! I really am!  ;D

5. Assist with generation of sponsorship proposals, report writing and
sponsor leads
Reports are easy. As for sponsor leads – just make them up as I go along I reckon!  ;D
Yep and even more golf and long lunches.

KEY PERFORMANCE INDICATORS:

1. Timely service delivery of contractual deliverables to all sponsors
Of course I will  ;D

2. Ability to build and maintain relationships with key stakeholders and suppliers
Does this mean that I just have to get one or two players to acknowledge the existence at functions and they’ll be happy for the year! 2 functions a year should just about see us out! The things clubs do to get money from sponsors, politicians, and suppliers etc.  :gotigers
Plus more long lunches at the city's top restaurant all at the club's expense as well as you letting the client win at golf after your unexplainable 20 shots on the last hole par 4.

ESSENTIAL QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE:

2. Ability to develop and maintain strong working relationships with internal and external stakeholders
Wow non-stop golf and long lunches lol.

DESIRABLE EXPERIENCE:

1. A Bachelor’s Degree in Marketing, Sport Management or equivalent preferred
Bachelors Degree – Yep got one of those :cheers

2. 1-2 years previous experience in the sports marketing industry
Does posting on OER for 7 years count?  :lol
Posting on OER makes you over-qualified  :lol

Btw here's your diploma from OER Ramps  ;)

All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd

10 FLAGS

« Reply #21 on: January 21, 2011, 08:56:38 PM »
I'm no good at Golf  :'(

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #22 on: January 21, 2011, 09:51:29 PM »
I'm no good at Golf  :'(
Even better. No chance of upseting the client by beating them lol.
All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd