Author Topic: Australian Politics thread [merged]  (Read 934085 times)

Offline Judge Roughneck

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Sir
Re: Australian Politics thread [merged]
« Reply #2715 on: September 21, 2014, 05:02:21 PM »

In truth this will take years until the job is done.

if history tells us anything, this will take years, and the job will never be done.

this whole mess is a direct result of Daniel's idols, Team America ( stuff yeah!). they armed and trained ISIS and ISIS would not have got the foothold they have in Iraq under Saddam. we also contributed,thus are obliged to try to fix the mess.

Too right al. Not sure if I wrote it in this thread or another one but it is very much the doing of the west and a result of forming sides in the Cold War. Doesn't change the fact that they have to be stopped though as the repercussions of leaving them unchecked are dire.

The invasion of Iraq resulting in the death of hundreds of thousands of civilians.

"Stopping" them merely results in waves of generations growing up hating the west in general and becoming more extremists. The cycle continues, the webs we weave.

I believe this is a good outcome for certain influential parities. And not so much for humanity as a whole.

Offline Francois Jackson

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #2716 on: September 21, 2014, 05:09:50 PM »

if history tells us anything, this will take years, and the job will never be done.

this whole mess is a direct result of Daniel's idols, Team America ( stuff yeah!). they armed and trained ISIS and ISIS would not have got the foothold they have in Iraq under Saddam. we also contributed,thus are obliged to try to fix the mess.

take it easy tiger. I have an opinion which is to support this country and any allies they have and that includes the US.

I dont care for conspiracy theories to be honest, and i'm not sure how you can blame the americans for these animals doing what they are doing. Did they kill all these innocent woman and kids did they.

Each to their own i guess and i have many family members who share your view.
Currently a member of the Roupies, and employed by the great man Roup.

Offline Judge Roughneck

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Sir
« Reply #2717 on: September 21, 2014, 05:21:53 PM »

take it easy tiger. I have an opinion which is to support this country and any allies they have and that includes the US.

I dont care for conspiracy theories to be honest, and i'm not sure how you can blame the americans for these animals doing what they are doing. Did they kill all these innocent woman and kids did they.

How many kids died in the Middle East in the last 10 years sir ? That wouldn't of, otherwise

Do we not support these killings via our support of the yanks and her allies

Is it somewhat not hypocritical to Mae take responbilty for the actions we support ?

The 3.2 million employed by the Pentagon make money...the weapons manufacturers make money...the private defense contractors make money...the intelligence agencies make money...the private intelligence corporations make money...the construction and industrial builders make money...the energy companies make money...the media companies make money...the technology and software companies make money...the transportation companies (airlines, trains, buses) make money...the medical device companies make money...the pharmaceutical companies make money...the lobbyists make money...the bankers make money...the attorneys make money...the investors make money...

arms and trains Al-qaeda
AQ turns against us
arms and trains ISIS
ISIS turns against us
arms and trains rebels to fight ISIS
I stuffing wonder where this is going
« Last Edit: September 21, 2014, 06:05:13 PM by Judge Roughneck »

Offline Penelope

• Internet nuffer and sooky jellyfish
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #2718 on: September 21, 2014, 05:39:39 PM »

Too right al. Not sure if I wrote it in this thread or another one but it is very much the doing of the west and a result of forming sides in the Cold War. Doesn't change the fact that they have to be stopped though as the repercussions of leaving them unchecked are dire.

The invasion of Iraq resulting in the death of hundreds of thousands of civilians.

"Stopping" them merely results in waves of generations growing up hating the west in general and becoming more extremists. The cycle continues, the webs we weave.

I believe this is a good outcome for certain influential parities. And not so much for humanity as a whole.
if you dont do anything about these mentals then you will still have generations of extremists growing up hating. this mob are pure evil. they promote hatred and intolerance with no respect for human life. they would ban all sports and have public executions as their entertainment.

as dwaino said, they are not some group of terrorist cells spread about living in caves or hiding like sewer rats in cities, but an organisation aiming to create a state of pure evil rather than just wage a guerrilla type warfare of terror. if they are allowed to do so the ramifications for the middle east and the world in general will be ugly. imagine hitler combined with pol pot and throw in a large dose of bastardised religious idealism, thats what we are dealing with.

sometimes the ramifications of doing nothing are worse than the fallout from taking action.
as Edmund Burke said “The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing.” .

these scum need to be eradicated and it is the responsibility of those who created this mess to try to fix it. Unfortunately that includes us and those that blindly followed team america into a war based on lies, with no real thought to the final outcome beyond flexing military might are out of the limelight and thus will not be held to account.

stuff yeah!
“For My thoughts are not your thoughts,
Nor are your ways my ways,” says the Lord.

“For as the heavens are higher than the earth,
So are my ways higher than your ways,
And my thoughts than your thoughts."

Yahweh? or the great Clawski?

yaw rehto eht dellorcs ti fi daer ot reisae eb dluow tI

Offline Penelope

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #2719 on: September 21, 2014, 05:59:20 PM »

blind support is dangerous. it is actually what these mentals rely on to induce their followers.

just like your view on so called conspiracy theories. you seem to think that because you like them, they must all be good people, again a dangerous mentality. head in the sand stuff. ( yet you happily believe that Scottish referendum was rigged?)

it is not a conspicy theory that the US armed and trained the rebels fighting the Assad regime in syria. It is fact and that is where ISAS has its roots.

nor is it conspiricy theory that the invasion of iraq took a stable dictatorship and left a fractured disorganised country, expecting various religious groups who have been fighting each other for centuries to govern with a commom goal.

if not for the yanks ISAS would not have the organisation or firepower, nor would iraq have been ripe for the picking.

it is their mess and they need to fix it, but their history of conflict since WW2 suggests that are incapable of doing so

Offline Judge Roughneck

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Sir

Offline Francois Jackson

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #2721 on: September 21, 2014, 09:37:29 PM »

blind support is dangerous. it is actually what these mentals rely on to induce their followers.

just like your view on so called conspiracy theories. you seem to think that because you like them, they must all be good people, again a dangerous mentality. head in the sand stuff. ( yet you happily believe that Scottish referendum was rigged?)

it is not a conspicy theory that the US armed and trained the rebels fighting the Assad regime in syria. It is fact and that is where ISAS has its roots.

nor is it conspiricy theory that the invasion of iraq took a stable dictatorship and left a fractured disorganised country, expecting various religious groups who have been fighting each other for centuries to govern with a commom goal.

if not for the yanks ISAS would not have the organisation or firepower, nor would iraq have been ripe for the picking.

it is their mess and they need to fix it, but their history of conflict since WW2 suggests that are incapable of doing so

that scottish comment was off the cuff and not factual at all as i dont really have any proof.

Most of the conspiracy theories i hear are also non factual. You blokes are as blinded as what you claim i am.

I stand by my comments that regardless what you think they have done, i hope they keep fighting and rid the world of these animals. The world is a better place without these fruitloops running around. Whatever it takes i hope they are destroyed, locally and internationally. Seeing locally aussies trying to fight overseas or supporting that regime over here makes me sick.

Does that not bother Al you seeing them hate all things Australian

Offline Penelope

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #2722 on: September 21, 2014, 10:09:56 PM »
id suggest you read my post with the intent of comprehension.
 pretty sure i have made my feelings on the mentals quite clear.

and it is not what i think they have done, but what i know.

coverings your ears and singing "la la la i cant hear you" does not change what is what.

unfortunately you will find that the yanks attempt to rid the world of these animals will be about as successful as it was in ridding the world of communism

Offline Francois Jackson

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #2723 on: September 21, 2014, 10:13:09 PM »
please. What you know.  :lol

dwaino

« Reply #2724 on: September 21, 2014, 11:12:08 PM »
You need to brush up on some history, Dan. Al isn't spewing some paranoid internet dribble like what keeps getting copied and pasted on here and I don't think you quite understood what he is saying. The west (the US and its allies) helped create this mess. This is repercussions of the Cold War which is about to heat up again itself. The beginning can be subjective on who you speak to but a good start is the US backing the mujahideen for no other reason than they were fighting the Soviets. This set in a motion a series of events that let to power vacuums and uprisings. Everytime one group rises up the west will back and arm the underdog. Blokes like Bin Laden come directly from these programs.

No one is denying that IS must be stopped but the west and in particular the US must accept responsibility. Whether they are doing so by regularly engaging in the conflict there remains to be seen. At the least this is a sectarian war between the Sunni and Shi'ite muslims which has some pretty dark history on its own (see the Wahhabi movement) and dangerous repercussions alone regarding Saudi Arabia. But the very reason they have been able to get a foothold is due to meddling by the west by playing Game of Thrones in the middle east.

Offline Penelope

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #2725 on: September 22, 2014, 08:06:04 AM »
as with most thinks, dan isnt interested anything that may force him to reassess his views.

and yes dan, it is what i know. these things were regularly reported as they unfolded are can be found on reputable sources now.

just out curiosity what parts do you challenge?

that iraq under saddamm was a stable dictatorship that quelled any threat with brutal efficiency?

that now iraq is a governed by a coalition of religious groups who have long history of conflict and each is as self serving as the other?

that the yanks backed the rebels in syria because they wanted the assad regime gone and that the arming and training of these rebels is what has fuelled this movement for a religious state by ISAS ?

which of these facts do you refuse to believe and why?

Offline tiga

• Exhaling Carbon in the
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Yes Hampson has taken a mark!
« Reply #2726 on: September 22, 2014, 10:12:01 AM »
The US have acted like a surgeon going in and cutting out a tumor and not stitching up the wound. Now blood is dripping on their nice new carpet and they need to decide to either stitch up the wound or just replace the carpet.

dwaino

« Reply #2727 on: September 22, 2014, 10:19:06 AM »
Don't forget that these are hardly ground breaking facts, al. I learned about the mujahideen in high school when I took modern history, then more about cold war period middle eastern affairs during a brief stint at TAFE post school.

Every single one of these groups, IS, Al Queda etc were supported, trained and armed in the late 70s/early 80s after the Soviet Union invaded Afghanistan. The groups of insurgents that came Afghanistan, Iran, Saudi Arabia,  Iraq and Syria formed a loose alliance called the mujahideen and the US helped them. There were two major groups,  Tehran Eight and Peshawar Seven. Peshawar seven trained in Pakistan and I think Tehran Eight in Iran, both trained and armed by the west and funded by the west. This is fact. It's the same as what we are doing with the Kurds now.

Offline Chuck17

• The Shaun Grugg of OER
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #2728 on: September 22, 2014, 10:46:27 AM »
Just as many Buddhists as Muslims in Australia

Offline Judge Roughneck

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Sir
« Reply #2729 on: September 22, 2014, 10:55:33 AM »
Too many