Author Topic: Australian Politics thread [merged]  (Read 751466 times)

Offline 1965

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Don't water the rocks
Re: Australian Politics thread [merged]
« Reply #5340 on: July 28, 2020, 03:24:06 PM »

Now Greg Hunt is having a sook.

https://www.theage.com.au/national/coronavirus-updates-live-victoria-braces-for-more-deaths-as-nsw-clusters-grow-australian-death-toll-stands-at-161-20200727-p55fyz.html

Emotional Hunt says he will not 'hear a word against' aged care nurses
By Mary Ward
Health Minister Greg Hunt has said he will not "hear a word against" aged care nurses in Victoria, saying that it is a dangerous and inaccurate statement to say the cases in Victorian facilities are a consequence of anything other than high levels of transmission in the community.

"My father lived in [an aged care facility], and we knew that that meant he was in the latest stages of his life," Mr Hunt said, visibly emotional.

"I cannot imagine better care that my family and my father could have got, and I speak, I think, for hundreds of thousands of families around the country.

"The idea that our carers, that our nurses, are not providing that care, I think, is a dangerous statement to make, they are wonderful human beings. And I won't hear a word against them."

« Last Edit: July 29, 2020, 09:50:53 AM by 1965 »

Online Andyy

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #5341 on: July 28, 2020, 08:08:52 PM »
Most of them aren't nurses, they're just care assistants.

There's maybe 1 nurse/shift for 30-100+ residents.

Registered nurses are now manning the posts at the nursing homes to clean up their messes.

Not the carers' fault. They are so under resourced it's criminal!

Offline 1965

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Don't water the rocks
« Reply #5342 on: July 28, 2020, 08:13:30 PM »
Most of them aren't nurses, they're just care assistants.

There's maybe 1 nurse/shift for 30-100+ residents.

Registered nurses are now manning the posts at the nursing homes to clean up their messes.

Not the carers' fault. They are so under resourced it's criminal!

Exactly my point. 👍

Offline 1965

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Don't water the rocks
« Reply #5343 on: July 29, 2020, 05:04:23 AM »

This from NEWS corp.

https://www.news.com.au/finance/economy/australian-economy/why-jobseeker-jobkeeper-reductions-could-cause-economic-crisis/news-story/ef34055edd63ec13d552e5e8d20b746e

The worst is coming. There’s a fiscal cliff on the horizon for the economy and it will affect everyday Aussies and big businesses alike.

It’s not just JobKeeper. There is also a cut in the JobSeeker supplement. The maximum payment was an extra $550 on top of the usual unemployment payment, Now it will be just $250. That’s going to hurt spending in the economy, and it won’t just kick in once the payment is cut. People are likely to start saving their welfare payments now, to help them cover the fall.

Offline Rampsation

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #5344 on: July 29, 2020, 08:16:36 PM »
Thats a normal reaction IMO.

Offline Rampsation

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #5345 on: July 29, 2020, 08:17:55 PM »
If ya can't feed 'em don't breed 'em... :shh

When youre writing this stuff are you laughing as your typing. I just wanna know coz this is very decent comedy imo.

Offline Francois Jackson

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #5346 on: July 30, 2020, 07:16:48 AM »
JobSeeker is another well thought out plan that ScoMo has delivered on. There are jobs out there so go and find one. If not that should be enough to live on, if not go and rent somewhere cheaper or move back with your parents.

Not the commonwealths issue. Too many dole bludgers out there and not genuine unemployment types who I feel sorry for.

ScoMo performance has shown why he was voted in, and will be around for a long time yet.
Currently a member of the Roupies, and employed by the great man Roup.

Offline 1965

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Don't water the rocks
« Reply #5347 on: July 30, 2020, 09:34:06 AM »
HomeBuilder program changes.

A great program this one. Middle class welfare that helps shore up Scotty from Marketing's voter base.

Except...

https://www.heraldsun.com.au/news/national/new-homebuilder-guidelines-reveal-2022-timeline-buyer-beware/news-story/9a8a680a2a304ba2531c6a7e4c62abee

Australians hoping to get the $25,000 HomeBuilder grant could be waiting years for the cash after guidelines for the scheme were updated Tuesday.

In one of the biggest updates since the program was announced over a month ago, the Victorian State Revenue Office released key updates and a few warnings.

Buyers risk missing the grant if their builder takes on more work than is “reasonable” or they quit contracts signed before June 4 hoping to cash in.

They also confirm applicants will be shelling out thousands of dollars in their own money before they receive the grant and indicate off-the-plan unit buyers will wait until their name is on the title to be paid.

As a result, the federal government could still be making HomeBuilder payments to buyers at large-scale developments and apartment towers until October 31, 2022.

Offline Francois Jackson

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #5348 on: July 30, 2020, 01:07:31 PM »
stating the obvious. Dont like it then dont reply? or answer the questions posed instead of dismissing it

Offline 1965

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Don't water the rocks
« Reply #5349 on: August 01, 2020, 03:55:22 PM »
All hail Caesar.

Interesting article (pro Morrison I think) that is worth a read

It finishes with this:

So at the end of a week where a panicking Trump was toying with the idea of delaying the US election, Morrison continues his evolution from Trumpian tribal warrior to unifying national leader. Which is, needless to say, a supreme relief for Australia's national interest.

Which Morrison will emerge post-pandemic? There is an old stand-by for journalists who have to report on an unfinished event: only time will tell.

https://www.theage.com.au/politics/federal/the-ascent-of-scott-morrison-from-trump-s-mini-me-to-national-leader-20200731-p55hbc.html

Offline 1965

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Don't water the rocks
« Reply #5350 on: August 03, 2020, 05:44:13 PM »
Scott Morrison has impressed with his comments about Dan Andrews.
Time enough for playing politics after we get through this pandemic.

Hope all on the forum are travelling well.

Offline Francois Jackson

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #5351 on: August 03, 2020, 07:44:56 PM »
Thats because he is a man of integrity, unlike the scum at the alp  who bent him over during the bushfires

Hypocrites, and we have a few on here too who really should be apologizing for comments made earlier this year during the other crisis

Offline Francois Jackson

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #5352 on: August 05, 2020, 10:33:53 AM »
I see different rules apply to Mikakos and friends.

No masks required.

Here I thought Gillard was the worst female politician. Apologies to her as this woman takes the cake.

https://www.google.com.au/amp/s/amp.theage.com.au/national/victoria/you-re-a-disgrace-opposition-fury-as-mikakos-bats-away-questions-20200804-p55ifi.html

Online Andyy

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #5353 on: August 05, 2020, 01:39:54 PM »
Have to say I am very happy that Vic has finally told people who are isolating that they cannot leave them homes to exercise.

The idea that positive C19 people would leave their home to exercise (including running + cycling without a mask on) is a disgrace.

Far too slow to close that loophole!

Offline Francois Jackson

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #5354 on: August 06, 2020, 11:59:43 PM »
bsolutely criminal what Andrews team has done to this state.

He will go very close to getting booted out, though in jail would be more preferential but he is protected by priviledge..

The good news is that Scomo is the direct beneficiary and will be our PM for many years to come. Albanese is our version of Joe Biden, and has next to no chance. Poor bloke can barely string 2 words together

https://www.facebook.com/watch/?v=289045955658169

Nothing to see her Mikakos, move along now. How she still has a job is increedible, though its the alp we are talking about here and nearly 200 deaths, no big deal.