Author Topic: Australian Politics thread [merged]  (Read 766277 times)

Online WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
Re: Australian Politics thread [merged]
« Reply #510 on: August 09, 2011, 04:36:52 PM »
What do you think WP do you agree with 1965 that lib voters don't care about feeding there family they rather make a quick dollar instead.
False beliefs like that only discredits any creditability of any past or future comment they make on politics IMO.

Problems with your quoting tiger101

I think the above is your question tiger101 - am I making the right assumption?

"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

« Reply #511 on: August 09, 2011, 04:52:25 PM »
What do you think WP do you agree with 1965 that lib voters don't care about feeding there family they rather make a quick dollar instead.
False beliefs like that only discredits any creditability of any past or future comment they make on politics IMO.

Problems with your quoting tiger101

I think the above is your question tiger101 - am I making the right assumption?

i think tiger101 needs to lighten up a little.

I did end my rant with "There you go a couple of broad sweeping generalisations for you to get stuck into."

Surely this was an acknowledgement of the absurdity of what I was saying.

:cheers

PS Abbott is still a power hungry lying SOB.  :thumbsup

Offline tiger101

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #512 on: August 09, 2011, 05:34:11 PM »
Obviously there is no talking you left supporters out of your love for higher taxes. I think we will all have to agree to disagree on how taxes hurt the economy(my argument) and how rich people/company's need to be stripped of there wealth or leave the country in the name of saving the environment(your argument)

Personally I see no difference in the carbon someone puts out that is on a centre link money to a person who earns 100,000 a year.
I've seen people that live solely off the government money drive around in old v8's which would put out more emissions then someone that works and owns a corolla.

10 FLAGS

« Reply #513 on: August 11, 2011, 09:05:36 AM »
Gillards policies are contributing to the decimation of the australian financial markets. Instead of withdrawing the resources rent tax and the carbon tax to give the markets some positivity which would help save thousands of dollars and in some cases tens of thousands of dollars from everyones superannuation accounts, Gillard sits on her arse doing nothing. Shes not a Prime Ministers backside. There wont be another female Prime Minister in Australia for at least 100 years because of Gillard. The worst Prime Minister in our great nations history.

10 FLAGS

« Reply #514 on: August 11, 2011, 09:07:24 AM »
I'm not evening going to keep on asking what you ment by the comment because I don't even think you do. Seeing how you won't explain what you ment by saying lib voters are out to make money. I would of thought everyone is out to make money isn't that the one of the main foundations of union's these days to make sure employee's make the most they can.

Simply put (and yes I am a simple man)

Labor voters are salt of the earth working class citzens, faced with a global crisis they think "will I be able to feed the kids".

Liberal voters are business people who just want to make money out of other people's misfortune.

Labor voters can't afford shares whereas liberal voters first thought while being faced with a global crisis is "how can I make money out of this"

There you go a couple of broad sweeping generalisations for you to get stuck into.

:cheers

These same ALP voters who are waiting for Gillards government at the next election with the baseball bats. Their going to desert the ALP in massive droves. Salt of the earth people they are but there not suckers for garbage and lies like the carbon tax.  :cheers

Online WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #515 on: August 11, 2011, 11:15:16 AM »
Gillards policies are contributing to the decimation of the australian financial markets. Instead of withdrawing the resources rent tax and the carbon tax to give the markets some positivity which would help save thousands of dollars and in some cases tens of thousands of dollars from everyones superannuation accounts, Gillard sits on her behind doing nothing. Shes not a Prime Ministers backside. There wont be another female Prime Minister in Australia for at least 100 years because of Gillard. The worst Prime Minister in our great nations history.

So let get this right based on the above:

Monday: the market got pounded = Govt's fault

Tuesday: market got pounded and then rebounded strongly = govt's fault for the pounding right and the re-bounding is caused by what exactly who gets credit for that?

Wed: market makes gains = nothing to do with the govt right

Thursday: news out of Europe that France; like greece is on the verge of defaulting and the market panics once more = it's the govt fault right

Got to say very funny indeed-dee Flagman

The market fluctuations are not the fault of the govt but it certainly makes good spin for a set purpsoe. The fluctuations are more the "fault" of panic merchant sheep who follow the USA's lead on everything. Smart investor will jump on the share market at the moment

I will say it again we have an incredibly strong economy one of the strongest in the developed world, I'd rather have our economy over so many others ..... especially the basekt cases in Europe & the US

Offline tiger101

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #516 on: August 11, 2011, 11:42:57 AM »

Thursday: news out of Europe that France; like greece is on the verge of defaulting and the market panics once more = it's the govt fault right

I'd more say it was because France got a downgrade. There not going to default.
But Flags is right there is a massive resentment for this tax and you ALP members/life long supports have to accept your government has had a policy disaster after a policy disaster right from the start of your(rudd government) first term and then your believe-loved party sold out your voters and policies to hold power again(for a 2nd term) which now makes you implement green policies like the carbon tax. Which will only see ALP lose even more of the middle ground where elections are won and lost.
« Last Edit: August 11, 2011, 01:37:06 PM by WilliamPowell »

Online WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #517 on: August 11, 2011, 01:53:02 PM »
I'd more say it was because France got a downgrade. There not going to default.
But Flags is right there is a massive resentment for this tax and you ALP members/life long supports have to accept your government has had a policy disaster after a policy disaster right from the start of your(rudd government) first term and then your believe-loved party sold out your voters and policies to hold power again(for a 2nd term) which now makes you implement green policies like the carbon tax. Which will only see ALP lose even more of the middle ground where elections are won and lost.

I am not disputing that people resent the tax. Not disputing it for a second and believe me I actually understand why people resent it. Think they need to build a bridge as posted somewhere in this thread a month or so ago

But Flags was implying that the stock market events of the last few days are the fault of the govt I am saying ...er... no....

As for policy disaster after policy disaster well that's a debate for another day  ;D My only comment today on that will is this we were one of very few countries that didn't go into recession during the GFC and I wonder why ..... ::) ;D

Blaming the current stock market fluctuations on the Govt is simply laughable.

For memory prior to the unheaval in the US and their credit rating being downgraded (read a fortnight ago) our share market was steady some dats small losses, some days small gains.... no one was blaming govt then.

But suddenly Aust investors are panicking like the rest of the world on the back of the USA and Europe people want to point the finger at the govt?

Please whack 'em when it's deserved but to blame them for what's happened in the last 4 days on the stock market....please give me a break

I will repeat; we have an incredibly strong ecomony that a number of countries can only dream of having.

10 FLAGS

« Reply #518 on: August 11, 2011, 03:19:04 PM »
The only reason we have a strong economy is because god gave us a country rich in iron ore and coal and other resources that we can sell at the top end of prices in the current environment. The current government has squandered this golden opportunity and on top of that they want to screw the resources industry by putting on a resources rent tax and a carbon tax. Its just disgraceful. The Gillard Greens Government is the worst government in our history.

« Reply #519 on: August 11, 2011, 03:47:14 PM »
The only reason we have a strong economy is because god gave us a country rich in iron ore and coal and other resources that we can sell at the top end of prices in the current environment. The current government has squandered this golden opportunity and on top of that they want to screw the resources industry by putting on a resources rent tax and a carbon tax. Its just disgraceful. The Gillard Greens Government is the worst government in our history.

FFS change the record will you.

:lol

10 FLAGS

« Reply #520 on: August 11, 2011, 03:49:25 PM »
Nup  ;D

Offline tiger101

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #521 on: August 11, 2011, 04:38:21 PM »

Absolutely correct. We have escaped the GFC to date it hasn't finished. Plus lets get facts straight not repeat ALP propaganda WP. The only reason we didn't feel deep a deeper impact was simply because China done a stimulus to stock pile resources. That kept demand up on there end and our supply up on our end. Plus and most importantly we had a very strong banking sector that didn't collapse and high rates that allowed the RBA to cut and ease the mortgage pain on people so they had more to spend to keep the wider(retail) economy running. All Rudd did was pee away money that we now only have over priced school halls and canteens to show for and a destruction of faith in an industry 100% thanks government(ALP) policy of letting rorts happen that even lead to deaths. How ALP can say that saved our economy is a disgrace and nothing short of a lie.

Offline tiger101

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #522 on: August 11, 2011, 04:50:21 PM »
People claiming Rudd saved us is like Lisa Simpson fooling Homer into the rock keeping tigers away.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SdBn5G7Y2RA

Online WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #523 on: August 11, 2011, 04:56:02 PM »
How ALP can say that saved our economy is a disgrace and nothing short of a lie.

Did I say the ALP "saved the economy" do I beleive they "saved" the economy = NOPE so please don't put words into my mouth. But do I believe they assisted in getting this country through the GFC circa 2008 = yep 

And I agree let's get the facts straight.

You laud the RBA for cutting rates, you praise our strong banking sector, you highlight our resources sector and you also mention that because of the things you've listed people 'had more to spend to keep the wider(retail) economy running". But wasn't there a few other things that went along with what you've mentioned ....

Well hello .... wasn't there a stimulus package that the govt of the day introduce. Which the then opposition leader supported I might add

You may remember it because it included that pesky little $900 per tax payer handout. Are you saying that; that had no impact on keeping the "wider (retail) economy running". I know we used it for what it was intended which resulted in work for local tradie and purchasing a rather large consumer goods item.... or did you and Flags hand it back because it was such a terrible policy  ;D

Now before you start going on about other paprts of the stimulus package in particular the Insulation fiasco (yes I am saying it was a fiasco!!! - go idea very badly implemented) there were other parts to the stimulus package that served their purpose well

But I keep forgetting we can't include any of that because it would mean giving credit to the govt of the day and we just can't have that.

Offline tiger101

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #524 on: August 11, 2011, 05:05:17 PM »
How ALP can say that saved our economy is a disgrace and nothing short of a lie.

Did I say the ALP "saved the economy" do I beleive they "saved" the economy = NOPE so please don't put words into my mouth. But do I believe they assisted in getting this country through the GFC circa 2008 = yep  

And I agree let's get the facts straight.

You laud the RBA for cutting rates, you praise our strong banking sector, you highlight our resources sector and you also mention that because of the things you've listed people 'had more to spend to keep the wider(retail) economy running". But wasn't there a few other things that went along with what you've mentioned ....

Well hello .... wasn't there a stimulus package that the govt of the day introduce. Which the then opposition leader supported I might add

You may remember it because it included that pesky little $900 per tax payer handout. Are you saying that; that had no impact on keeping the "wider (retail) economy running". I know we used it for what it was intended which resulted in work for local tradie and purchasing a rather large consumer goods item.... or did you and Flags hand it back because it was such a terrible policy  ;D

Now before you start going on about other paprts of the stimulus package in particular the Insulation fiasco (yes I am saying it was a fiasco!!! - go idea very badly implemented) there were other parts to the stimulus package that served their purpose well

But I keep forgetting we can't include any of that because it would mean giving credit to the govt of the day and we just can't have that.

You can thank thoughs 900 dollar checks that might of supported the economy(which we both agree on) to Howard. If it wasn't for his surplus or future fund that the ALP raided we would be further in debt and be like alot of other countries around the world.
The point is Rudd went to big to fast. Now we could  very well be facing a longer down turn and we don't have any bullets left in the gun to try and fire up the economy with.